PDA

View Full Version : REQ: unequip weapon upgrades

j4ygr4y_85
04-16-2010, 06:19 PM
i wish i could unequip weapon upgrades, i thought i was cool that i could mark more targets but i really think pistols look UGLY with sites on them.

Wish UBI would add in the next update the ability to enequip, even if this does mean losing an extra mark.

SgtKevali
04-16-2010, 06:31 PM
My problem is I can't remove scopes from weapons when I don't need them. Really dumb move Ubi. What were they thinking?!

VastShadowz41
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by j4ygr4y_85:
i wish i could unequip weapon upgrades, i thought i was cool that i could mark more targets but i really think pistols look UGLY with sites on them.

Wish UBI would add in the next update the ability to enequip, even if this does mean losing an extra mark.

I agree. No one in their right mind would ever put a RDS on a pistol. It's unnecessary and stupid.

mudsak
04-16-2010, 07:54 PM
I would agree with this. I put the scope on the silenced shotgun...and I would REALLY like to remove it. A scope on a shotgun???? I guess i'm the idiot who was coaxed in by curiosity.

J Saint777
04-16-2010, 07:58 PM
They stressed options, yet they are completely absent when choosing your weapon's statistics.

Please allow us to remove upgrades just as we can remove suit modifications.

TheNemo402
04-16-2010, 08:07 PM
and if you want gamescore points you have to upgrade them all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

runnier09
04-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by TheNemo402:
and if you want gamescore points you have to upgrade them all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

thats a really good point man. Some people have been arguing that its the player's fault for putting them on, but if UBI is supporting achievment hunters by having acheivments then they should not base acheivments on something liek that. It wouldnt be too hard to give an option to take them off would it?

j4ygr4y_85
04-16-2010, 10:46 PM
i am going to finish the game to get all the achievements then delete the game data and start from scratch. remembering not to put a scope on any guns!!!

altair2nd
04-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by j4ygr4y_85:
i am going to finish the game to get all the achievements then delete the game data and start from scratch. remembering not to put a scope on any guns!!! I don't think deleting the data does anything, the weapons are linked to your account. I'm not for sure though.

Joshua Morrison
04-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Can you do that? Because that might get me to add a extended clip to my beloved MK23... I want the achievement but think extended clips look stupid.

scottjames7296
04-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by JoshuaMorrison:
Can you do that? Because that might get me to add a extended clip to my beloved MK23... I want the achievement but think extended clips look stupid.

well, with an accuracy of 37%. youre going to need all of the shots you can get.

Chris_Hun7er
04-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by VastShadowz41:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j4ygr4y_85:

I agree. No one in their right mind would ever put a RDS on a pistol. It's unnecessary and stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
People do put red dots on handguns, as seen in this picture (although this is a small red dot): http://img442.imageshack.us/im...7729/coveroffea4.jpg (http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7729/coveroffea4.jpg)

Unnecessary, yes. Stupid, no. It helps with peripheral vision by a tad and helps with target acquisition, making it better for target, combat, and self-defense shooting. It is also easier to line up, per se, as you just put the dot on the target (assuming your pistol is ranged correctly) instead of lining up the front and rear sights.

On topic, I think we only need to remove magnifying scopes. The 2x on my SPAS-12 is ****ing me off.

Joshua Morrison
04-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Well I did it... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif I ruined my MK23 for an achievement.. but on the flip side I have every achievement not related to Last Stand http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif.

Quiet_Professor
04-17-2010, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by mudsak:
I would agree with this. I put the scope on the silenced shotgun...and I would REALLY like to remove it. A scope on a shotgun???? I guess i'm the idiot who was coaxed in by curiosity.

Not to mention they put the scope on the folding stock. Seriously Ubi, you put the scope on the folding stock of the SPAS. Optics don't go there. It's one of the dumbest things I've seen in a long time.

I don't like being forced to have optics on my pistols. Let's not forget just how useless some of the weapons are since they can't be suppressed. They really needed to give us more upgrades. Basically take all the different types of upgrades, 2x, 4x, red dot, laser, suppressor, extended mags, hollow points, stocks, etc. We should have all of them for every weapon. Then we get to choose which of the three we can put on. Just like how the suits are. You get to choose between the three upgrades you want.

j4ygr4y_85
04-17-2010, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Quiet_Professor:
I don't like being forced to have optics on my pistols. Let's not forget just how useless some of the weapons are since they can't be suppressed. They really needed to give us more upgrades. Basically take all the different types of upgrades, 2x, 4x, red dot, laser, suppressor, extended mags, hollow points, stocks, etc. We should have all of them for every weapon. Then we get to choose which of the three we can put on. Just like how the suits are. You get to choose between the three upgrades you want.

CORRECT! very true

newman3d
04-17-2010, 02:27 AM
Yes I do like having the upgrades but i want the option to take them off.
Hopefully they could change this in a patch?

BBboy20
04-17-2010, 06:12 AM
Blame MW2 for pistols with sights but hey, my 5-7 marking 4 fodder is useful as hell.

Though I suppose the laser could have been able to add an mark since you're "painting" them when you aim.

The 2x on my SPAS-12 is ****ing me off. LOL, they must have remembered some of their weapon decisions from Vegas.

GuardianEcho
04-29-2010, 11:00 PM
ya im not happy at all about the ability not to unequip items. i just got the scar n i was so ****ed when i put the scope on it n then realised that u can take it off n how bad it sucks when u zoom in 4x. this aint modern warfare u dont need the 4x scope at all, maybe 2x.
what did the ubisoft team even try using the 4x scope n realize u zoom way way to far in!
they need to make an update to beable to unequip ****. it would only make sense that u could unequip, if its in your weapons locker u can add **** to ur guns n take it off if u dont want it, its not like ur welding it to ur gun or anything.
i so hope they make an update.
after finding out u cant take **** off i was so dissapointed with the game i just want to get my money back.
the achievement should be buy all upgrades but u shouldnt have to have them equiped if u dont want, make the game more realistic for god sake.
the normal zoom in on any weapon with out the 4x scope is enough

Krimzon82
05-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Quiet_Professor:

Would be nice, though id settle for a quick fix of being able to remove the current attachment's

Its gota be embarrassing for UBI that they over looked the PEC system that only a few games ago they set the standard for..this really needs patched, dont get me wrong since the first Splinter cell ive always wanted some option to choose my "load out" but when I hear P.E.C being thrown about I usually think of vegas, Its also a little anoying that the amount of post's asking for at least the ability to remove attachment's have not been responded to with a Sticky stating that the issue is being looked into..almost feel's like a take the money and run situation, which is a shame ive always been a big fan of pretty much anything with the Tom Clancy title slapped on the box, Time to file for divorce ;p

Andenator72
08-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Is this thread even serious? The whole friggin' point about the upgrades is to increase the weapons PERFORMANCE, you should care about that more than how nice and shiny your gun looks, although I do agree that the scope on the m3 was silly, you should be focusing on your enemies instead.

kipphopopotomus
08-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Andenator72:
Is this thread even serious? The whole friggin' point about the upgrades is to increase the weapons PERFORMANCE, you should care about that more than how nice and shiny your gun looks, although I do agree that the scope on the m3 was silly, you should be focusing on your enemies instead.

Dude, I don't need a scope on any of the guns in the game, the reticle does the trick for me considering I try to avoid shooting at all costs. I don't need to worry about my enemies if I have stealth. A ninja needs no bullets.

The reflex sight is a cool addition and all, but some people don't care for that extra mark because too much power makes the game too easy even on realistic. I like a challenge as do the many others posting here.

We want the choice to be able to sacrifice a little accuracy, range, or firepower for a little more of a challenge, but at the same time we wanted that achievement for upgrading everything.

I honestly don't think it's too much to ask for an update that allows us to do that. The option would actually add to gameplay rather than take away from it.

I would love to take the reflex sight off of my 5-7 most of all, I hate the temptation of the extra mark, but I would also like that option with the other guns.

And as for one of my main points, I highly doubt that it's very easy to conceal a gun with a reflex sight on it, considering that's how Sam holsters his pistols. In this one, it's concealed, but I would think it to be easiest to conceal a weapon without any attachments at all.

This game has always been about making things as believable as possible with the technology at hand. You could see the pistol holstered and unholstered in all the other games. This type of realism in SAR was not shown in any other game during its time. 8 years later, with all the technological advancements, they decide to make the gun magically disappear behind his back, do you think that's believable?
Could he really pull out the 5-7 without the reflex sight getting caught in his pants or something? definitely not.

On a side note I would also think if you pistol punched someone and your gun had a laser sight, you would have to sight it in again or the laser sight would be useless.

Agent.Ruse
09-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Andenator72:

Optics on most, if not all of the weapons decreases performace by making them cumbersome to use and forcing the player to fire in bursts which wastes ammo etc..

Also, optics are put on shotguns all the time wheather they are chambering shot, slugs, or sabots. There is no reason that users should not have the ability to choose how they want their kit - much like the uniforms.

I accidentally purchased the optic for the MP5; the only solution was to not use the weapon until I reset my account.

Agent.Ruse
09-05-2010, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by kipphopopotomus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andenator72:

Dude, I don't need a scope on any of the guns in the game, the reticle does the trick for me considering I try to avoid shooting at all costs. I don't need to worry about my enemies if I have stealth. A ninja needs no bullets.

The reflex sight is a cool addition and all, but some people don't care for that extra mark because too much power makes the game too easy even on realistic. I like a challenge as do the many others posting here.

We want the choice to be able to sacrifice a little accuracy, range, or firepower for a little more of a challenge, but at the same time we wanted that achievement for upgrading everything.

I honestly don't think it's too much to ask for an update that allows us to do that. The option would actually add to gameplay rather than take away from it.

I would love to take the reflex sight off of my 5-7 most of all, I hate the temptation of the extra mark, but I would also like that option with the other guns.

And as for one of my main points, I highly doubt that it's very easy to conceal a gun with a reflex sight on it, considering that's how Sam holsters his pistols. In this one, it's concealed, but I would think it to be easiest to conceal a weapon without any attachments at all.

This game has always been about making things as believable as possible with the technology at hand. You could see the pistol holstered and unholstered in all the other games. This type of realism in SAR was not shown in any other game during its time. 8 years later, with all the technological advancements, they decide to make the gun magically disappear behind his back, do you think that's believable?
Could he really pull out the 5-7 without the reflex sight getting caught in his pants or something? definitely not.

On a side note I would also think if you pistol punched someone and your gun had a laser sight, you would have to sight it in again or the laser sight would be useless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, they are pretty well built and they don't reach past the muzzle. A reflex sight wouldn't break from using your pistol to punch someone but it will certainly get caught up and generally be in the way. Things like that are for people who want to spend money on their range pistol. It's not a very good mounting location anyways - the slide; accident waiting to happen. I can see all sorts of things going badly with something like that.

mjrgroup
09-22-2010, 06:40 PM
As any tactical operator realizes, you use scopes for medium-to-long range encounters and iron or reflex/red-dot sights for CQB. With that said, having equipped my MP5-SD3 in the game with a 2x optic, the weapon is rendered useless for indoor CQB applications.

Furthermore, I think it was frankly lazy of the game developers to not have included a simple option of allowing players to "unequip" upgrades to their weapons. This has disturbed the gameplay and I will not be able to use a silenced SMG anymore.

Please add the option to unequip upgrades immediately!

Crucify Lucifer
09-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Ah Ubisoft you work in very mysterious ways. The very fact that this hasn't been fixed yet must mean that they're working hard to make sure it's not a problem in SC6 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

But seriously, the day this game came out I thought putting like an 8x scope or something on my Spas-12 was gonna make me hardcore and I wanted it off 5 minutes later. Ubisoft I know you try your hardest to please me but I don't even care anymore, don't try any harder on my behalf.

Krimzon82
09-28-2010, 07:52 AM
cant believe this was never fixed.. surely it couldnt have been that much effort.. really .. bad ubisoft, no cookie for you.

dafyddM
02-06-2011, 04:54 AM
I guess the Ubi employess care **** about their games anyway..

luongct
02-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by altair2nd:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j4ygr4y_85:
i am going to finish the game to get all the achievements then delete the game data and start from scratch. remembering not to put a scope on any guns!!! I don't think deleting the data does anything, the weapons are linked to your account. I'm not for sure though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't, I already tried this. You have all saved data except for levels. It resets and says you haven't completed any of them, even if you have. So don't bother.