PDA

View Full Version : Can't refit.

IkLms
02-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Ok, I'm still trying to get the 1.4 patch to download and run but until then I'm trying to refit and it won't let me.

I was sailing past Midway on my way to patrol an area. Stumbled onto a light cruiser in the early morning. I sink the cruiser and 2 of the 3 destroyers who came to help but the third one got away damaged. Since I'm near Midway I head to port to refit with some more torpedos.

Anyway I get there and click on the Anchor thing and select refit. Window pops up saying "refit complete" and I check my torpedo screen and I still only have the torpedoes that I came into port with. 2Forward and most of my aft. I've tried to refit with autoloading of my torpedoes, without it, and at while at basically all the stations. None of them work.

Suggestions?

Sparhawk81
02-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I knew that the refit didn't load your tubes, but only your storage... so, in order to have a full refit, you should refit, reload your tubes, and then refit again.

That's all I know about refitting... haven't ever used it yet...

IkLms
02-05-2008, 07:29 PM
It doesn't put anything in my storage either.

Yooperbacker
02-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Hello IkLms, You could try going here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/3901010036) and see if this helps. It explains how to refit but from what you have written it seems you know what you are doing. I am not sure why you don't see the torpedoes after you refit.

littlemike0001
02-05-2008, 08:03 PM
first off try using gameshadow it will take trough that it might help with the refit also

IkLms
02-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah, Yooper. I've read that one before and I just found out I can't take the recon photos either with instructions. Blah. Must be the patch not being installed.

Well, off to try the Gameshadow way, since none of the other links finish downloading it for me.

Yooperbacker
02-06-2008, 12:21 AM
IkLms, Keep me posted on whether you were able to download the patch.

IkLms
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Yep, alright so the photo recon is working for me. Still can't refit.

The patch just will not download for me. It will download to like 98-99% and stop and time out or it will stop and start later again but then when I try to run the program it says an error has happened and asked whether or not I want to send an error report. It does the same thing with Gameshadow actually. I'm at a loss. I might try to download the patch at a different house since I've tried downstairs and slap it onto my flash drive and try it here but yeha. I have no ideads.

Sparhawk81
02-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Do you manually download the patch? Are you using one of the mirrors reported in the New to SH4? Patch guide sticky thread in this board?

Yooperbacker
02-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Just an update on this post. IkLms was able to download and install the patch. Refitting now works.

IkLms
02-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Oh yeah. Forgot to say I got it all fixed thanks to Yooper. I'm good now.

Sparhawk81
02-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Great! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif