PDA

View Full Version : No New Books On Right Bookshelf

AUS51
02-05-2005, 08:00 AM
Hi! Can anyone help me , I've finished " The Ages Beyond Myst" and "To D'ni" from the "Complete Chronicles", but on return to Relto after falling in the great shaft and seeing the message that the end might not yet be written I have no new books on the right bookshelves , friends tell me I should have reference books and a blank book which can be used as a journal. I seem to have had the first linking book on "The Path Of The Shell" on the other bookshelf for ages. Is there something I should have done in the game that is preventing me from getting the new books. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

AUS51
02-05-2005, 08:00 AM
Hi! Can anyone help me , I've finished " The Ages Beyond Myst" and "To D'ni" from the "Complete Chronicles", but on return to Relto after falling in the great shaft and seeing the message that the end might not yet be written I have no new books on the right bookshelves , friends tell me I should have reference books and a blank book which can be used as a journal. I seem to have had the first linking book on "The Path Of The Shell" on the other bookshelf for ages. Is there something I should have done in the game that is preventing me from getting the new books. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Reverend Vader
02-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Hmm.

You should have had all the books available from the beginning. On the right top shelf are two books: one with references to Teledahn, Gahreesen, Kadish, and Eder Gira/Kemo, the other with references to Ae'gura and Bevin.

The bottom shelf should have had the journal and the blue reference books from the very beginning.

This may be more of a technical issue.

Here's what you might try first:

Backup your SAV folder. (That has all your save game info.) It's in the main Uru game directory.

Then, try reinstalling. It's a hassle, yes. But there have been many cases in which, for some reason, certain features did not appear and the game had to be reinstalled. Maybe it's because Uru was originally meant to be online/multiplayer and now it has single-player expansions and it's just a behemoth of a program... (After reinstalling, you can move your SAV folder back if need be. The old one might still be intact, but... just in case, we made a copy.)

Another option we could try later is to have you zip your SAV folder and e-mail it to me. I've had experience in which opening someone's saved game on a different computer "fixed" corrupted save game information. Go figure.

You could also create a new avatar, play through the Cleft, and see if the books are available when you get to Relto. If the books are there, then there is a problem with the saved game information of the first avatar. If not, we have an install problem most likely.