PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of it? *SPOILERS*

CaelumRevert
01-25-2008, 03:23 AM
I just beat it a couple hours ago, and after doing the 'real ending', I have to say that I was laughing incredibly hard at it. The ending is just so hilarious and ludacris; yet incredibly fitting. Anyway, I thought the game rocked and I'm going to play it over again, especially since now I can start with all my weapons and cash. I have to say that the game is damn near perfect. Although the town is a bit lackluster, that's the only complaint I can think of. I found that once I killed my first group of enemies back in Death Metal's manor, I was hooked. I give NMH a 9.5 out of 10; I'm also telling my girlfriend to go get herself a copy. (I know I kinda' sound like a salesman, but I'm not.)

Anyway, what did you all think of it for those who have beaten it or are getting close to doing so?

CaelumRevert
01-25-2008, 03:23 AM
I just beat it a couple hours ago, and after doing the 'real ending', I have to say that I was laughing incredibly hard at it. The ending is just so hilarious and ludacris; yet incredibly fitting. Anyway, I thought the game rocked and I'm going to play it over again, especially since now I can start with all my weapons and cash. I have to say that the game is damn near perfect. Although the town is a bit lackluster, that's the only complaint I can think of. I found that once I killed my first group of enemies back in Death Metal's manor, I was hooked. I give NMH a 9.5 out of 10; I'm also telling my girlfriend to go get herself a copy. (I know I kinda' sound like a salesman, but I'm not.)

Anyway, what did you all think of it for those who have beaten it or are getting close to doing so?

That_other_guy
01-25-2008, 08:09 AM
I played the game for 11 hours and fifteen minutes strait and beat it. Well, I took a 10 minute break to go buy more beer. But yea, I have not had this much satisfaction from beating a game in a long time. Defnitely a must have for any Wii owner. Just started a new game on Bitter mode. Shinobu is ****in hard on bitter.

Redx64
01-25-2008, 04:38 PM
lol i didn't play it straight when i got it but just finished it. the real ending is pretty hilarious lol. and i have to agree with you both lol haven't had that much fun from beating a game in a long time.
I did it on mild and it was a bit tough but very doable and fun, so im thinking about bitter mode but yea i can imagine shinobu being a B**** in bitter mode.
and wait you get to start with all your money and weapons? when you start again?

CaelumRevert
01-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah, you get to start off with your money, weapons, and collectables once you've beaten the game. You also get more collectable cards when you get the chests in rank fight missions; they now contain new cards that have design artwork on them that you can view back at the motel.

And I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who had their butt kicked by Shinobu. That girl is hard as f*ck.

Redx64
01-25-2008, 08:38 PM
yea i saw cause i decided to replay it on bitter and its pretty fun starting with everything and yea i haven't gotten to her yet but i already feel the a** wooping waiting for me lol.

CaelumRevert
01-25-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm too afraid to go on Bitter difficulty, since the game was pretty challenging already. I can't imagine how hard Henry must be on Bitter...

Anyone got a favorite boss? Mine would have to be Speed Buster. An old woman who cusses like a sailor while firing a laser the size of a city block just seems really kick *** to me.

Redx64
01-26-2008, 04:12 PM
yea henry would be pretty tough, but i'm sure it would be doable, and hopefully you get more upgrades and stuff as you play over through hard mode although i doubt you will.

id guess my favorite boss would probably have to be shinobu, maybe someone else also but not sure.

CaelumRevert
01-26-2008, 05:10 PM
I made a video of me vs. Speed Buster.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ub6irbvKi5I

Fought Shinobu earlier; I killed her in about 45 seconds. I'll try and make a few more of these kinds of vids... Anyone know if there's any unlockables by beating the game on higher difficulty settings?

Redx64
01-26-2008, 08:02 PM
well beating mild there wasn't really anything, but when doing it on bitter so far ive just gotten new cards and clothes, but haven't gotten that far yet so can't tell you for sure

penpen4
01-26-2008, 08:55 PM
I just beat it, what a crazy ending! I played through the "real ending" and thought it was hilarious. What happens with the other ending?

CaelumRevert
01-26-2008, 09:18 PM
It just shows the black guy barging in on Travis and ending there with a Star Wars mimic credit sequence.

CarlHyperweevil
01-29-2008, 04:14 PM
I thought the game was freakin' hilarious. The Fight with Henry was fun as hell and I'd like to think of him as my favorite boss fight.

Hated Jeane though. Took a minute to finally get into the swing of her pattern. And Shinobu... But only because I get blindsided by a cheaply placed Sonic Sword a couple of times.

diamondblast
07-03-2008, 03:33 AM
I loved No More Heroes mainly because of the gameplay.
I think it is one of the best games in a while, and definately one of the best on the Wii. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif You just gotta love Ubi.

Anyway, I hoped everyone else enjoyed it like I did.

diamondblast from Jemsite (http://www.jemsite.com)

RVR42
10-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Well to mention on Henry on Bitter...i'll tell you this...it took a total of 800+ hits to take that guy down. Quite possibly one of the most epic fights ever in a game for me. But yes definitely rocked. Totally love this game. Favorite Wii game and one of my all-time favorites...in my top 10 for sure. Desperate Struggle looks very intriguing. Can not wait for it.

Ryuu64
01-30-2009, 04:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by That_other_guy:
I played the game for 11 hours and fifteen minutes strait and beat it. Well, I took a 10 minute break to go buy more beer. But yea, I have not had this much satisfaction from beating a game in a long time. Defnitely a must have for any Wii owner. Just started a new game on Bitter mode. Shinobu is ****in hard on bitter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That sounds like a good idea. Drinking b33r and playing NMH on bitter mode. XDD I'll have to keep that in mind.