PDA

View Full Version : Xbox GR2:SS Frustrations

Trekari
08-13-2005, 02:49 AM
1) Matchmaking and meeting up with a friend for Xbox-live play is scarcely discussed at all in the manual. My best friend and I took several long and frustrating attempts at first to join each other's game (it would allow us to select our mail message to join, only to moments later say 'sesion is no longer available).

2) In battle mode...why even load the entire maps? We've played Co-Op Battle mode and thus far on every map we've tried it on, the AI simply charges you. Once you kill one bad guy, even with suppressed weapons, the rest of the map comes towards you until you have perhaps 3 or so stragglers to go find on your own.

3) The AI can see through trees and obstructions as though they weren't present.

4) HUGE problem: With the aforementioned 'rushing' of the AI towards the spawn in battle mode, why are we not allowed to select our loadout BEFORE the game starts? More than a handful of times I've been killed by the bad guys while just selecting my equipment.

Perhaps some of you feel like just flaming me for my opinions, but I do present these as opinions and not blanket statements that everyone must agree with. My biggest frustration is the lack of enemies on some maps (not enough to make it truly enjoyable) and the Battle mode being in essence, a 'defend your spawn because that is where they all flock to' scenario. Dying while just checking out all the different type of guns available for your selected class because the AI comes wandering through your spawn is...to say it euphemistically 'cow patties'

I do however, enjoy the Helo Hunt gametype. At least Ubi can do things right once in a while.

S.U.Z.U.K.I
08-13-2005, 10:53 AM
This is my #1 gripe in the GR2 series. Now in SS the maps are huge, but the enemy still rush you at the insertion zone. I like to HUNT the enemy. I agree with Helo Hunt, this mode is intense. I would like to see this mode and maybe Tank Hunt in GR3.

I do like all the changes made in GR2SS. I would just like to see more of the maps in "Battle" and "Fire Fight".

Hedon
08-13-2005, 11:25 AM
1-3 I have never had any issues remotely close to that. No such experience.

I agree with 4.

Great_Viper
08-13-2005, 04:05 PM
yeah it would be nice a download pack with all the other maps for firefight, defend and maybe others

FN57
08-14-2005, 01:27 AM
the only problem i have with the game is #3. enemies can see around walls, have perfect accuracy when running at full speed in a different direction from where they are facing and sometimes I feel like i'm wearing a huge pink bunny suit even with silenced weapons, my camo doesnt seem to do much at all.

Hedon
08-15-2005, 02:40 PM
have perfect accuracy when running at full speed in a different direction

I wonder if they have different versions of the game on the shelves. My AI has horrible accuracy, even on HARD.