PDA

View Full Version : Re:This is for Clint Hocking(Regarding No Farcry 2 Demo)

Gaming4Life
08-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi, Clint
I wanted to express my thoughts on there not being a farcry 2 demo, or no plans to release one. I registered at this site last summer(2007), and have been reading faithfully of everyone's posts, and eventually heard that there are no plans to release a demo. With reading different posts here on the site, I can imangine how people are looking foreward to the game being released in October, including myself. I feel that ubisoft should release a demo of the game;Everyone here I am sure has been looking foreward to the game being released, and it's kind of a disappointment that there are no plans for a demo. I am sure there are otheres here that feel the same way. Please consider what I am saying here. I have been a gamer for quite sometime, and when a demo is released of any PC game, it gives us all of of a reason to want to buy the full version. Anyways, I hope you see this. Thank you for reading.

Gaming4Life
08-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi, Clint
I wanted to express my thoughts on there not being a farcry 2 demo, or no plans to release one. I registered at this site last summer(2007), and have been reading faithfully of everyone's posts, and eventually heard that there are no plans to release a demo. With reading different posts here on the site, I can imangine how people are looking foreward to the game being released in October, including myself. I feel that ubisoft should release a demo of the game;Everyone here I am sure has been looking foreward to the game being released, and it's kind of a disappointment that there are no plans for a demo. I am sure there are otheres here that feel the same way. Please consider what I am saying here. I have been a gamer for quite sometime, and when a demo is released of any PC game, it gives us all of of a reason to want to buy the full version. Anyways, I hope you see this. Thank you for reading.

Muffin_man_XD
08-24-2008, 06:15 PM
It doesn't matter how many times you ask you are not getting a demo.

Gaming4Life
08-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Never say never

R1ZN0
08-24-2008, 07:10 PM
There def won't be one b4 release... they are banking on the reviews the game is going to get in the coming weeks... the reviews are probably already written the editors are just waiting for the NDA's to lift... The main review sites are already in pocket as you can tell by the current hype coming from the sites. The game is going to be good that is without doubt... Mp is gonna be dead within a few months though

xianoa.
08-24-2008, 10:03 PM
why does everyone keep saying october when all the game websites ive viewed say It's a November Release

spypenguin
08-24-2008, 10:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xianoa.:
why does everyone keep saying october when all the game websites ive viewed say It's a November Release </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IGN and Game Stop say October 21. Are you from Bungie.net? I think I've seen you before.

Staticks
08-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Dude, just wait for the full game to release. It's probably gonna come out fairly soon, anyway. No reason to be impatient and beg for a stupid, worthless demo that will probably SPOIL the game anyway.

Not to mention that you'd divert attention, resources, and energy away from Ubisoft's devs to make a demo when they are already working hard to finish the game up.

OV3RS1GHT
08-25-2008, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gaming4Life:
Never say never </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4150/1219652263244ks7it8.jpg

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

FantasmaOfDoom
08-25-2008, 11:38 AM
How are you going to make a Demo of a 50KmĀ² OPEN world?

AWC_Pest
08-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Wow...I didn't think another "demo" thread would get opened without being immediately locked or deleted...

So until that happens, I'll just post some of my thoughts that were deleted last time.

If UBI releases a demo then the fans of FarCry 1 may notice that this game does not play like like Farcry 1 and may not purchase the game. UBI made this mistake back when they released the Rainbow Six "Lockdown" game that didn't play at all like the previous 3 Rainbow Six games so it didn't sell and quickly went to the bargain bin with no further support.

My advise is to not buy the game until you read the reviews from people in this forum. Don't forget that you can't trust ANY web site reviews prior to the game coming out because the only review sites that get UBI games in advance are the ones that only give UBI positive reviews as proven here:

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8568051&publicUserId=5379799

So...let the buyer beware if you don't get a demo...

Suicide_King_XX
08-25-2008, 09:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AWC_Pest:
Wow...I didn't think another "demo" thread would get opened without being immediately locked or deleted...

So until that happens, I'll just post some of my thoughts that were deleted last time.

If UBI releases a demo then the fans of FarCry 1 may notice that this game does not play like like Farcry 1 and may not purchase the game. UBI made this mistake back when they released the Rainbow Six "Lockdown" game that didn't play at all like the previous 3 Rainbow Six games so it didn't sell and quickly went to the bargain bin with no further support.

My advise is to not buy the game until you read the reviews from people in this forum. Don't forget that you can't trust ANY web site reviews prior to the game coming out because the only review sites that get UBI games in advance are the ones that only give UBI positive reviews as proven here:

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8568051&publicUserId=5379799

So...let the buyer beware if you don't get a demo... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1 Wait for the release for user reviews. IGN, Gamespot, some people in this forum http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif , can't be trusted for honest reviews. No demo = less pre-orders.

Icecube1137
08-25-2008, 10:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Muffin_man_XD:
It doesn't matter how many times you ask you are not getting a demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

slayer_1970
08-26-2008, 07:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by staticks:
Dude, just wait for the full game to release. It's probably gonna come out fairly soon, anyway. No reason to be impatient and beg for a stupid, worthless demo that will probably SPOIL the game anyway.

Not to mention that you'd divert attention, resources, and energy away from Ubisoft's devs to make a demo when they are already working hard to finish the game up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said. The last thing we want is a hurried buggy release inorder to meet a few fan's request. Judging from that Eurogamer.deTV 12 min. gameplay video I'd say their time is better well spent on basics of the game.

aa___ron
08-26-2008, 11:33 AM
I bet there will be one, but only after the game's released http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

R1ZN0
08-26-2008, 04:51 PM
To me it's irrelevant. There will be reviews all over the friggin place within minutes and youtube will have the whole entire game on a speed run completed in 1 hour hosted within days lol..

The reasoning they gave are obviously bunk but that being said I think they only people wanting a demo are either people too impatient to wait for full release and people who wanna test it out prior to spending time downloading the pirated versions lol

HorTyS
08-27-2008, 12:30 AM
they actually have a legitimate reason for not doing a demo, a couple of them actually, so NO, there will not be a demo. they said that A) it'd detract their attention to getting the game out ASAP, & B) they said that they'd have to limit the demo in size & missions & everything, which they do not want to do because it'd give people a false impression of linearity. they'd have to add invisible walls or something to restrict you to a specific area etc, & thats something they just do not want to do.

we will not get a demo & thats that! if you really can't tell this game is going to kick all kinds of @$$ from the vids, then i don't know what to tell you to convince you that this is probably one of the best/ coolest looking FPS THIS GEN!...

AWC_Pest
08-27-2008, 08:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hortys_99:
they actually have a legitimate reason for not doing a demo, a couple of them actually, so NO, there will not be a demo. they said that A) it'd detract their attention to getting the game out ASAP, & B) they said that they'd have to limit the demo in size & missions & everything, which they do not want to do because it'd give people a false impression of linearity. they'd have to add invisible walls or something to restrict you to a specific area etc, & thats something they just do not want to do.

we will not get a demo & thats that! if you really can't tell this game is going to kick all kinds of @$$ from the vids, then i don't know what to tell you to convince you that this is probably one of the best/ coolest looking FPS THIS GEN!... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, in other words, you are believing absolutely everything that UBI's marketing team is telling you?

The "a demo release will cause the game release date to be delayed" excuse could be used for every game ever produced, yet, most of the good ones did release a demo.

The "they would have to limit the demo in size and missions" is exactly what a demo is expected to do. There are many large scale games that release demos and give you a taste of the game in a way that makes you want to play the retail version. Even MMORPG have demos.

If you are basing your enthusiasm on game footage, then you are basing it on the footage UBI wants to show you that obviously only shows the moments the game shines.

Consumers need to open their eyes and look passed the information being force fed to them by the people that want their money. Consumers need to look at the track record of UBI Montreal's other games and see how buggy the games were and how quickly support and communication stopped. I would give examples and links but that would probably get this thread locked.

Quit letting history repeat itself.

This game needs a demo if it wants people to buy it before legitimate unbiased reviews get out.

IVlatty
08-27-2008, 09:08 AM
The map editor would make a good demo.

Imagine just getting the map editor with no publishing rights, so its all offline?

If we saved maps we could keep them for when FC2 comes out?

That would be awesome.

But about SP, yes its difficult to block an area off, but games like Saints Row did it in a demo, why can't we.

AWC_Pest
08-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Over in the "Map Editor" threads, the Devs talk about how a map can be made big or small.

I fail to see why they don't release a demo on a small map to give the taste of multiplayer or singleplayer unless they already know it would upset the fans of FarCry1 or reveal that the game isn't going to meet expectations.

Let the buyer beware...

Andrew83194
08-29-2008, 06:05 PM
They can not release a demo for single player due to the game being "open world". However it could be possible to make one for multiplayer, but if Ubisoft doesn't want to they do not have to.

For those people who aren't going to buy the game due to no demo thats their problem. If you are a true Far Cry fan and you think think this game looks great, you will probably buy this game regardless of a demo. Many great games didn't have a demo, this could be one of them.