PDA

View Full Version : GREATEST POST EVER!!!!

Prayin_Mantis
01-19-2006, 07:11 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tomclancysrainbowsix4...ml?topic_id=25880250 (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tomclancysrainbowsix4/show_msgs.html?topic_id=25880250)

Enjoy!

finger999
01-19-2006, 07:16 PM
nice

Urban-Violence
01-19-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm glad you liked it, you see now how passionate I am about this genre.

You'll find that post in these forums under "Lockdown is wrong". youll also find it in IGN.com, in 1up.com, in PCGamer.com, in planet rainbow-Six.com on my msn blog, and even in my schools (International Academy of Design Toronto and Sheridan Institute of Technology and Higher Learning) on the bulitin boards in BIG BOLD TEXT.

People will know, Lockdown is wrong.

Druac
01-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Wow...great description of my first impressions for sure.

I can only guess that there are no original developers of any of the past R6 games left at the company for this to have made it out. When I read that this was NOT a port from the console version, I just couldn't believe it. They said it was designed for the PC. The fact that the devs had nothing to do with the past games is the only thing that can account for this game.

It really is sad that they couldn't capitalize on the greatest tactical shooter of all time, the very asset they own. It is almost as if they learned nothing at all from what worked in the past.

R.I.P. R6

Urban-Violence
01-19-2006, 07:34 PM
They threw out everything they established with Rainbow-Six: Lockdown.

They had an established, loyal fanbase it was a niche fanbase but it was a fanbase. They threw all that out in hopes of picking up a bigger audience, but from what I've read it didn't work. The PS2 and Xbox versions sold pretty poorly, and I expect the PC version to sell equally if not more so poorly.

Ubi doesnt get it and now they have nothing. They don't have the new fanbase they sought, and they have a disgruntled, disheartened core fanbase which 90% of feels betrayed. At least that's my impressions of it.

Vert22110
01-19-2006, 07:46 PM
" This guy just pwned UBI in a like 5 paragraphs."

Urban-Violence
01-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Vert22110:
" This guy just pwned UBI in a like 5 paragraphs."

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm quite fond of that one. I never really "pwned" anyone before.

MD_Sennet
01-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Yep, good post UV. That should be put on as many sites as possible, get the word out...

I was thinking, "i'm gonna tell everyone I know not to get this", but all I'll have to do is tell em to download this demo.

Speaks for itself.

Banana_Protein
01-19-2006, 11:45 PM
It was a good response, and much less annoying than the other negative posts. Hits the nail on the head without being obnoxious.

GHOST_fatguy
01-20-2006, 12:09 AM
very good. well written and accurate. NJ.

Urban-Violence
01-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Banana_Protein:
It was a good response, and much less annoying than the other negative posts. Hits the nail on the head without being obnoxious.

Well I never had the intention of flaming Ubi for Lockdown, so that's probably why it was less assinine. I'm not angry at Ubi like some people, mearly dissapointed.

So I thought it best to communicate my feelings from when I played the demo. That little essay there is basically a peek into my head when I first played Lockdown PC. I played the Xbox version, I wanted to believe it would be different but after GR2 I knew it wouldnt deep down.

Brettzies
01-20-2006, 12:46 AM
That post is more fun to read then playing the demo....depressing. Maybe that should be the demo. Instead of installing the demo, that text pops up and saves you the trouble. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Feels like just another FPS with teammates, but that post, that post is tactical.

Juguard
01-20-2006, 12:51 AM
RIP Rainbow Six, we will miss you.

The Regiment seems to be the next game.

Rogue Agent
01-20-2006, 01:34 AM
The decline of the rainbow six games started with Ravenshield and now hit rock bottom with Lockdown. Lockdown has turned rainbow six into a one dimensional boring run n gun arcade shooter. I have moved on to swat 4 which is releasing an expansion pack filled with features the fans have asked for in the forums. The Swat 4 devs actually listen to their fans. I switched to swat 4 after i got bored of ravenshields one dimensional run n gun, frag spamming gameplay.

Urban-Violence
01-20-2006, 08:03 AM
See I disagree, Raven Shield had it's problems but just about all of them were technical not design. It was the bugs that killed it, but the game design was solid. It was still Rainbow-Six hell it added to the Rainbow-Six formula making it more realistic with novel concepts such as "recoil" and the "tactical reload" it was even more faithful to the book with regards to such things as the heartbeat sensor.

Oh it had gameplay flaws such as the running while scoped. But at the end of the day there weren't many people who felt it it wasn't a Rainbow-Six game.

SWOOORDs
01-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Urban-Violence:
See I disagree, Raven Shield had it's problems but just about all of them were technical not design. It was the bugs that killed it, but the game design was solid. It was still Rainbow-Six hell it added to the Rainbow-Six formula making it more realistic with novel concepts such as "recoil" and the "tactical reload" it was even more faithful to the book with regards to such things as the heartbeat sensor.

Oh it had gameplay flaws such as the running while scoped. But at the end of the day there weren't many people who felt it it wasn't a Rainbow-Six game.

Absolutely right. No amount of feedback from the communuty is going to fix this release. The design of it is so bad and so far away from any Rainbow game ever, that it's got way past the stage of fixing bugs and tweaking minor issues.

Urban-Violence
01-20-2006, 08:24 AM
Oh by the way guys I sent an expanded version of my Rainbow-Six essay to Tom Clancy himself, hopefully it will get past his "people" and he'll actually see it. I figured since he formed Red Storm back in 1998 he may give a **** about what there doing to his series.

Brettzies
01-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Urban-Violence:
Oh by the way guys I sent an expanded version of my Rainbow-Six essay to Tom Clancy himself, hopefully it will get past his "people" and he'll actually see it. I figured since he formed Red Storm back in 1998 he may give a **** about what there doing to his series. I applaud your efforts. I heard Clancy speak at a lecture once when I was in college. Unfortunately, judging by what he said about writing, I don't think he gives a rat's *** about something like this, as long as it makes money. Even though his books are highly detailed, I just don't think he cares about something like this unless he's a hard core gamer. He gets more disgruntled over movie adaptations and seems to have little say in the outcomes of those. Couldn't hurt though, but a long shot.