PDA

View Full Version : PS3 TOW empty?

Yazka
12-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi

I have been waiting 2v2 games today in TOW several tens of minutes with no success with my friend (EFEC). Where are everybody, since there is nobody joining? I found it difficult to even start 1v1 games.

Have this patch affected amount of gamers or game creation somehow? Or is this escalation pack only way to get some games here?

I am saying that the TOW kind of looses it meening if there's nobody online. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I do not have afford to spend half an hour waiting the game to start and then findig my opponen to evacuate or leave before game ends and disabling all my cash from the victory.

Yazka
12-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi

I have been waiting 2v2 games today in TOW several tens of minutes with no success with my friend (EFEC). Where are everybody, since there is nobody joining? I found it difficult to even start 1v1 games.

Have this patch affected amount of gamers or game creation somehow? Or is this escalation pack only way to get some games here?

I am saying that the TOW kind of looses it meening if there's nobody online. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I do not have afford to spend half an hour waiting the game to start and then findig my opponen to evacuate or leave before game ends and disabling all my cash from the victory.

moragPS3
12-12-2008, 02:33 PM
all the JSF are trying to win Moscow, all the russians now having the lead have stopped playing and all the JSF will continue to wait at moscow unti we have the lead, therefore the EFEC get to sit on there behinds and watch the JSF be board and the Russian be not there.

AdrenalineBurst
12-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Naw, People just wanted to try out the first war and see how the game was.

Result? utter trash, everyones traded the game in for something else and i will shortly unless they do something drastic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BADASS_TEX
12-12-2008, 07:34 PM
im refusing to play until i:
1. start getting paid cr when im supposed to.
2. they stop charging for the dlc, (dont mind paying for maps but upgrades is rediculous.)

ey i got an idea! be consistant, ubi didnt make us pay for the tom clancy RSV2 DLC. so why charge for this one?

obliviondoll
12-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Don't say that...

Now they'll retroactively charge everyone with the R6V2 DLC.

Yazka
12-13-2008, 04:45 PM
bumb

Still no players online to play agains ECEF in PS3. It's sad that good game is ruined without players online. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Battle4ever
12-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Hopefully after the First war more players will come back.

aeaton
12-17-2008, 06:05 AM
in case your not aware the "Empty TOW" is related to the fact that Ubisoft has released patch 1.02 to Europe and delayed it elsewhere. Now players in Europe (mainly ECEF)cannot play against people (ie everyone else) until the patch is released worldwide.

There are plnety of us players in Europe sitting around waiting for a game!!!!!

WildNRG
12-17-2008, 08:51 AM
This 1.02 patch might explain why I haven't seen many US players around this week.

Also winning alot more matches too ;-)

Yazka
12-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Is there any way to roll back patch. Foreaple deleting you game data from HDD and just taking back-up of your save game.

Would there be possible to retain units, ranks, upgrades and money.

BP_Charlie
12-19-2008, 07:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yazka:
Is there any way to roll back patch. Foreaple deleting you game data from HDD and just taking back-up of your save game.

Would there be possible to retain units, ranks, upgrades and money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, you can delete the patch, and in theory it should let you play Americans again. Also, patch and save data are separate so it won't affect your options or save games (although I suspect battalion data may be on the server after the recent data loss/recovery issue some had).

Note - if you delete the patch and had the escalation patch installed, you'll need to re-download and install that.

To delete the patch, go to the top option in the game section of the XMB. I think it's the top one... It should be obvious which one is game data and which is save data.

i_shoot_to_kill
12-19-2008, 12:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BP_Charlie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yazka:

Would there be possible to retain units, ranks, upgrades and money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, you can delete the patch, and in theory it should let you play Americans again. Also, patch and save data are separate so it won't affect your options or save games (although I suspect battalion data may be on the server after the recent data loss/recovery issue some had).

Note - if you delete the patch and had the escalation patch installed, you'll need to re-download and install that.

To delete the patch, go to the top option in the game section of the XMB. I think it's the top one... It should be obvious which one is game data and which is save data. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

does that work has anyone tried it yet?

b_4721
12-19-2008, 12:52 PM
I had suggested that to someone earlier, they said that it forced them to download again when they tried to get into ToW.

aeaton
12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Ubisoft- you are very quiet on this issue!! Please update us!

i_shoot_to_kill
12-19-2008, 03:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by b_4721:
I had suggested that to someone earlier, they said that it forced them to download again when they tried to get into ToW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya tried it forces u not dload it again so theres no point