PDA

View Full Version : weapons

Tanker1988
09-07-2007, 01:44 PM
even though i know everyone always says nothings released about multi-player i am sure you can tell us if all the weapons used in single player are going to be used in multi-player if not i am sure that will kill the multi-player in BiAHH imo mortars for instance would be my favorite weapon...

PutTheFire-onEM
09-22-2007, 08:42 PM
nothins been released about the multiplayer, but speculations free and that seems to be what people are doin.

since randy said they are re-inventing the way multiplayer is played im guessing that they will add mortar,deployable machinegun, and even airstike. i say this because, essentially, adding these features would effectively change the tactics involved in the multiplayer experience.
nothings written in stone, frankly all i care about is that multiplayer gets a large community this time.

ChaplainDMK
09-24-2007, 11:30 AM
I WANT AIRSTRIKES AND ARTY!!!
imagine a multy scenario:
u and a couple of other ppl r pinned and taking casualties form a MG42 in a house, the bazooka team is out of ammo, and ur nearest reinforcments r under attack, then a lone guy comes wit a radio and says "red wing 1, this is charlie team, requesting imidiate airstrike at location: A34G9"
red wing answers "sure, ETA 1 minute"
and then 2 P-47 come in and relese 20 rockets in to the building leveling it, then some survivors come out and the radio guy says: "green batters, fire at A34G9" and in the distance u can hear the rumbeling of 105s and 155s and in bout 4 minutes BAAM BOOM KERPOW BOOM BOOM KRBANG BAAM BANG, and no more krauts XD

PutTheFire-onEM
09-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by ChaplainDMK:
u and a couple of other ppl r pinned and taking casualties form a MG42 in a house, the bazooka team is out of ammo, and ur nearest reinforcments r under attack, then a lone guy comes wit a radio and says "red wing 1, this is charlie team, requesting imidiate airstrike at location: A34G9"
and then 2 P-47 come in and relese 20 rockets in to the building leveling it, then some survivors come out and the radio guy says: "green batters, fire at A34G9" and in the distance u can hear the rumbeling of 105s and 155s and in bout 4 minutes BAAM BOOM KERPOW BOOM BOOM KRBANG BAAM BANG, and no more krauts XD

gearbox needs you.

youve got some imagination.
that would be the best multiplayer senario possible. especially with the effects of TPC, 1 airstrike per round, one arty per round and only the radio guy can call.(no airstrike or arty on spawn http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif )

Hiddai
09-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by ChaplainDMK:

lol nice one dude

Tanker1988
09-27-2007, 10:08 PM
exacly why they need em..but also instead of arty or airstrikes...i would just pound them myself with mortar http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

alliedforce45
09-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Arties are annoying when you get hit by them. Believe me, it makes people leave the game, they would really need to limit the arties in amount of shells, like make sure the weapon overheats or something after a while. So it doesn't get too annoying.

PutTheFire-onEM
09-30-2007, 12:49 AM
i know what you mean, if you are talking about call of duty united offensive, i defiantly do know what you mean. that type of arty in gameplay is too concentrated arty should come in the form of spread out, in accurate shelling, not long bursts of concentrated arty used as many times as you want, a limit should be set and depending on the map size, there could be a limited amount(like 1 or 2 bursts) of concentrated barrages. and then ever couple times a round you could call in inaccurate shell that spreads across the whole map, this should cut the arty down to a minimum because it will make people hesitate because they don't want to friendly fire or kill themselves with their own arty. and only the radio guy on the team can call them in and only to a certain point.

good idea?

Tanker1988
09-30-2007, 03:04 AM
seems like it could work

mopar1990
10-02-2007, 10:43 AM
yeah sounds great,but only one tinny problem

about that part with the thunderbolts they can carry only 8 rounds of 20mm rouds at a time or 4/6 with an extra gas tanks or 4 250 pounders bombs, great idea though....

PWNcracker
10-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by mopar1990:
yeah sounds great,but only one tinny problem

about that part with the thunderbolts they can carry only 8 rounds of 20mm rouds at a time or 4/6 with an extra gas tanks or 4 250 pounders bombs, great idea though....

Don't mean to be picky but is that 25 pounder?
1000 pounds is quite a lot for a plane. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

snapkracklepop
10-10-2007, 04:57 PM
I think having mortars in MP would be great. It would add in alot more tactics having to protect your mortar team and trying to get the other teams.

mopar1990
10-18-2007, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by snapkracklepop:
I think having mortars in MP would be great. It would add in alot more tactics having to protect your mortar team and trying to get the other teams.

'That thing about mortars in mp should be great,
when you're in a hard spot to get out,offensive or deffensive.
Attack at long range with your mortar squad pounding the hell out of the mortars.

[i can wait to see them shells hit the groud near the germans]

'Perhaps when the germans are useing armor you can hold back the tank or halftrack ,with your mortar by near hits or direct hits'.

Jure_502
11-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Mortar would be fine, but airstrike ; just for you and to knock out one panzer the USAAF would come?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Admir91
11-01-2007, 04:04 PM
I would really like to have binoculars, so friends can form like a little sniping sqaud. 1 Sniper 1 spotter.

Morters would sound fun, but range should be limited.

PutTheFire-onEM
11-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Jure_502:
Mortar would be fine, but airstrike ; just for you and to knock out one panzer the USAAF would come?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

lol. yup and they better like it too or i wont call them next time! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Admir91
11-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm looking really forward to the bazooka squad and machine gun squad as well as any other squads I do not know about.

mopar1990
12-01-2007, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Admir91:
I'm looking really forward to the bazooka squad and machine gun squad as well as any other squads I do not know about.

Good point,i'd like to see a lage level map just like in the first game road to hill 30,and a correct book that they will give you with the game, abaut the new info,their hobby's and talents that where put in to the task everytime they went to combat,and if they learned any new tacktics.

And if they changed weapon,I do know that Corrion keeps his trusty tommy-gun and Hartsock is back to his carbine/tommy-gun (altough i'm not sure).

If they are cappeble to use a 3 way gun system, M1 GARAND,GRENADES,SIDE ARMS. then this game is the best game ever created EVER. (Altough, cod4 and gears of war is getting close).

I am a bit dissapoited abaut the new s.a.v the screen in rth30 and eib how to plan an attack.
this time its just a map (that looks great,realy great) but the thing is,everytime I have a great WOW moment i like to see how i killed the enamy and rotated arround the explosion,and continue the assault,the safest way.

Gearbox and UBI, keep up the good work fellas http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif