PDA

View Full Version : Other HD Trailer points

lyle1059
02-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Here are some other things I noticed in the trailer.

The water bottle label is mostly unreadable, but has the letters "VIIVOI" on the side. (Roman numerals? Name? Unknown at this point)

On the side of the newspaper machine that Adam sets his coffee on, there is a "bumper sticker" thats says "Defect." It also has something unreadable below it. (Defect to your own country? Immigration? Unknown at this point as well.)

When Adam is on top of the rubble and we get the flashback, the transition is a white fade. (Nuclear explosion? Unknown at this point.)

I also looked into the volcano/earthquake god Ruaumoko. Very interesting.

I read the other post that said Chicago has broken off and is in the middle of the Ocean. Um, maybe the Great Lakes but not the Ocean. California would have been more logical choice if they wanted to break off a landmass and have it sitting isolated in the Ocean.

Just thoughts and ponderings. Feel free to comment or look further.

Jord2332
02-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Isnt the white fade just resembling a shift in time (6 days earlier) a build up to a flashback back almost. im not sure that a nuclear bomb exploded when adam was on the rubble is that what you are suggesting?

Do you mean that the white fade is a hint from the creators that a nuclear bomb is involved in the storyline?

You have some interesting ideas though no idea what the writting on the bottle means.

lyle1059
02-20-2009, 09:02 AM
No, I am not suggesting that a bomb goes off while he is on the rubble. I am just saying that the fade could be a hint, but I don't really know, obviously.

I went off on a roman numeral google search yesterday. Trying all kinds of number combinations and adding other words to them. Found nothing. Could just be a generic water bottle. It would be cool if it was a sign of something though. Who knows?

Very cool looking game though. I hope the economy's problems don't effect the game production. I want this game to make it. It would help in the advancement of games like this. I like that Ubisoft is putting themselves behind something like this.

Jord2332
02-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Yh i know what you mean i re watched the trailer and i can understand why a nuclear explosion came to mind....

Im still stumped about the bottle it probably doesn't mean anything but you are right it could do.

Me too its so original and i like the fact that its going to be first person but for crying out loud when are we guna get some gameplay videos more info, anything!

I think we have analised this trailer to the max on these forums i cant think of anything else now, we will just have to wait and see.

dtisalive
02-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Jord2332:

Me too its so original and i like the fact that its going to be first person but for crying out loud when are we guna get some gameplay videos more info, anything!

I think we have analised this trailer to the max on these forums i cant think of anything else now, we will just have to wait and see.

Very true. We've even looked for graffiti on trash cans, lol! Of course there have been previews in a game magazine or two, but the information revealed in MINIMAL.

Everything fine there, Ubi?

JamieWilmot
02-21-2009, 10:17 AM
They're doing everything perfectly.. It's a game that seems to be revolving on a lot of mystery, why does everybody need to know everthing before the games released? Just be patient and wait for the game. Otherwise, it's just going to wreck the experiance you have playing it. Like movies, you get a trailer and that's all, the trailer they made is a pefect set up.

BountDoom
03-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Yea I don't think it was anything nuclear because I think we'd notice it for sure, but I thought that to.

As for VIIVOI,
VII = 7
V = 5
O = ?
I = 1

An O/0 isn't in the roman numeral system, but I think its a basis of a possible message. I'll look more into it.

EDIT:
Heres what I got and honestly I think its nothing, but its worth some inspiration.

So I put the roman numerals as individual numbers.

VIIVOI = 5115 o? 1 and then exlcuded the o.

so...
51151, did some research and it turned out to be the casualties in a Chinese historic earthquake here (http://english.sina.com/china/1/2008/0522/161700.html).

"The known death toll from China's historic earthquake increased by 9,798 overnight and stood at 51,151... "

Jorge-Fonseca
03-09-2009, 09:40 PM
lol epic connection. But I wonder if it was luck or if they actually put that much thought into it!