PDA

View Full Version : Kalle needs help

general_kalle
03-30-2006, 07:52 AM
when i set a flight to attack a (attack ground) thing the line dissapears when i test my mission and then they dosnt drop their bombs

this one was difficult to explain so i hope u understand

Kalle

Kapt_A
03-30-2006, 08:18 AM
Are you using the 'Set' to an objective,not an object?I have found this will remove my set when i test.

general_kalle
03-31-2006, 05:42 AM
to a OBJEKTIVE
when i set to a objekt it dosnt dissapear

strange

general_kalle
04-09-2006, 02:27 PM
will anybody please answer my question?

Zeus-cat
04-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Give us details of what you are trying to do.

Aircraft: P-47D-22
Loadout: 2 x 500 pound bombs
Target: 4 x PzKpfw IVE

STENKA_69.GIAP
04-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Sounds like you want to bomb stuff.

In that case place an object there and set your target to that object.

Then the AI will try to drop their bombs on the object.

If you want the AI to destroy buildings that are already on the map (IE. A Hanger) put an object (eg. Truck) in the hanger then set target to the object.

You can hide small objects almost anywhere you want they don't have to be visible.

general_kalle
04-10-2006, 03:04 PM
but what if i want a flight to attack a bunch of truks(for example)and not just one paticular truck isnt it the |target ground| thing u have to use?

hope i was clear

Chuck_Older
04-10-2006, 03:51 PM
I think I understand-

you want to attack some trucks, and you are using the "Target: attack ground" as the target for the flight's gattack waypoint?

Don't do that. Just 'set' a target. On the waypoint at which you want them to attack, choose 'gattack' as the waypoint type. then click 'set' and drag the line to the target and click

The target:attack ground icon is for purposes of points and mission success/failure. It's not meant to literally be a target for anything

STENKA_69.GIAP
04-11-2006, 04:36 AM
If you have 3 trucks and want to be sure each one is destroyed set waypoint with target to the first then new waypoint with target to the second then new waypoint with target to the third. OK if you have thirty trucks that gets a bit heavy but don't worry the AI will scatter around the bombs a bit. More often than not if there are many vehicles you will use a column and not individual vehicles - also note that armour sometimes comes with multiple vehicles per object.

general_kalle
04-11-2006, 08:05 AM
thanks i didnt know |target| was for win conditions only thanks

i found out that if u have a cuple of fighters or fighter bombers and u set a ground attack waypoint the attack randomly

great forum