PDA

View Full Version : Assembling a new army

DemonSovereign
02-13-2011, 02:21 AM
I was discussing with my brother a new idea about the advantages and disadvantages of having an extra army slot available for every hero enabling him/her to recruit any additional creature additional with his faction's army for example in H5 a necromancer would be able to recruit a death knight with his own army; the death knight's attributes will scale according to the heroes level,artifacts ect.

Kartabon
02-13-2011, 04:01 AM
You mean a creature similar to H4 Heroes' Battle system? or similar to WoG Commander?

DemonSovereign
02-13-2011, 05:15 AM
I only played H5;what I meant that considering H5 there would be a hero that will have the 8 slot to hire a neutral creature;take any hero from any faction who would have all 7 creatures specifically from his faction additional slot to allow space for a joined neutral creature or hired elemental.

Asterisk
02-14-2011, 07:44 AM
What for?..

mcgslo
02-15-2011, 01:26 AM
That would be hard to balance... and skills like diplomacy and/or summoning magic would be a must for every hero. If you dont have those skills you cant join or summon any creature...

+ so far at the end when 2 players meet it comes to 3 things: hero level, hero artifacts and howmany creatures you have. So if one have Zounds summoned elemental as 8th creature that could be overpowered...

Your idea (my opinion) would need a lot more explanation ...

Now you already can summon creatures and join them...

They are doing lots of changes in H6 so at this point its unclear how will all work together... ... you have limited hero level, we dont know anything about artifacts, or how magic will work, how many creatures you will have, why creatures are divided to core, elite and champinon, etc.

DemonSovereign
02-23-2011, 10:06 AM
What I meant is that taking into account H5, every hero would have enough space to carry his faction's creatures, from tier 1 to tier 7 assuming no duplicates. now, given he finds an elemental dwelling, he would need to dispose some of his creatures so as to be able to recruit the newly discovered creatures.

Moreover, summoned creatures would remain present for the specific battle only, thus won't stack with the newly hired creatures.I don't really see how a hero would manage to hire zounds elementals with a growth of +4 per week. it would just be another fun part to add with the army.

Thunion
02-23-2011, 11:44 PM
It would work in homm3 brilliantly... who dont want azure dragons as extra for your army? i always missed the fact from homm3 taht there was no neutral monsters much stronger the T7 creatures(In homm3 great example is mentioned above azure dragons) but well it seems at last they bringing back part of this by implementing bosses,gj ubi!

mcgslo
02-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by DemonSovereign:
I don't really see how a hero would manage to hire zounds elementals with a growth of +4 per week.
Diplomacy?

DemonSovereign
08-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Not Diplomacy, every hero can carry 8 units, 7 of his/her faction and an extra one. For example a stronghold faction hero carries the 7 stronghold units and a stack of fire elementals he/she bought or a joined unit (not summoned).