PDA

View Full Version : The biggest disappointment of the year!

loiselle.001
03-03-2006, 04:22 AM
Being a huge fan of Raven Shield and Athena Sword, which I still play to this day (and probably will for a long timeto come), how can the developers turn a tactical game into a standard dull FPS shooter?

What is wrong with Lockdown?

No longer able to pick the operative you want in single player mission. You now have stupid characters with uncool lines with European accent -- unlike the cool "Target down".

Grenade tossing is now done with the Ctrl key, and a distance targeter (much like in the SOCOM games) shows where it should land. But, most of the times it hits the same door opening you're standing in. it was so much sweeter seeing the character pulling the pin, opening the door ajar, tossing it, then holding the door shut until the big boom!

Still no sniper rifle in Campaign mode. There was one (new version of the WA-2000), however, in the T01 training level. This level si just a sharpshooting range with no bots. Duh!

Total of weapons not exceeding 40. RS and AS had over 60 different ones

My favorite weapon: the Steyr AUG rifle is now the civilian version without fixed scope, which means that you can't have both scope and suppressor. The cool Mk23 SOCOM gun is also missing.

Terrorist Hunt is a favorite of mine, but there's no longer custom single player missions. You still have a Terrorist Hunt option, but only on the 16 campaign levels. These are amazingly too large maps to play (with up to 3 loading screens on each map). In RS and AS the multiplayer levels were under custom mission, which meant that cool MP levels like Peaks, Prison, Training, could be played with 35 bots. There's about 10 multiplayer maps in Lockdown which are available to play online or via LAN only.

Ridiculous stairs climbing in first person view. Also, you're no longer able to use prone position

Kaggis
03-03-2006, 06:24 AM
Biggest dissapointment of the year u say?I think actually this is the biggest dissapointment when it comes to games ever!

DthDealer71
03-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I totally agree with you. I have several friends still, including me that play RVS/AS and love it to death.

Now we all have LD and yet we play RVS/AS more, either though LD has better graphics and whatnot.

They just totally dropped what RVS acheived, either thought it took several patches to get it decent.

It makes me wonder what GRAW will be like, I LOVED GR and it's expansion packs.

Will I be disappointed like I was with LD?

We shall C when the demo is released.

DD

DthDealer71
03-03-2006, 10:37 AM
To add the best thing UBI/Redstorm could do it release another game based on RVS, make it right and support it well.

Maybe even make the MP part MMO. Whatever just bring back the "OLD STYLE"

PLZ....