PDA

View Full Version : One 3 man team. GIVE ME MORE!

hangtime8705
03-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Okay, one element I really missed about the original Rainbow Six, especially on console was the ability to have more than one, four man team. The eight operatives thing was ingenious. I can't understand why ubi, with lockdown only gave u one 4 man team. C'mon, in Brothers in arms, you get two squads that, including yourself equals eight men. It man the challenge so much tougher trying to keep all your guys alive. Should Vegas do the same thing, implement the eight man system and allow us to arrange them over four teams. That would be great. What do you all think?

chadeboi479
03-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I pretty much agree. I'm absolutely hyped about Rainbow Six: Vegas, despite the fact that I'll probably NEVER be able to afford an Xbox 360 for a very long time.

Nevertheless, I hope we're able to deploy more than one single four-member team. I mean, at least make it a five-person teams to allow for the possibility to split my teammates into two separate teams, or allow us to use several more Rainbow operatives in a mission. That would be great!

drunkrepublican
03-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by chadeboi479:
Yeah, I pretty much agree. I'm absolutely hyped about Rainbow Six: Vegas, despite the fact that I'll probably NEVER be able to afford an Xbox 360 for a very long time.

Nevertheless, I hope we're able to deploy more than one single four-member team. I mean, at least make it a five-person teams to allow for the possibility to split my teammates into two separate teams, or allow us to use several more Rainbow operatives in a mission. That would be great!

It's also on Current-gen consoles. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

doubleTAP5.56mm
03-08-2006, 10:22 PM
I'd rather have something a bit similar to pc Rainbow and ghost Recon, where you can assign any number of operatives to 2 elements, up to 3 or 4 operatives per element.
Examples:
<span class="ev_code_RED">RED:
Chavez
Price
Lee</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">BLUE:
Weber</span>

Or

<span class="ev_code_RED">RED:
Chavez
Price
Lee</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">BLUE:
Weber
Johnson</span>

PANZER_SIX1976
03-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by hangtime8705:
Okay, one element I really missed about the original Rainbow Six, especially on console was the ability to have more than one, four man team. The eight operatives thing was ingenious. I can't understand why ubi, with lockdown only gave u one 4 man team. C'mon, in Brothers in arms, you get two squads that, including yourself equals eight men. It man the challenge so much tougher trying to keep all your guys alive. Should Vegas do the same thing, implement the eight man system and allow us to arrange them over four teams. That would be great. What do you all think?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

HARDJUSTICE1
03-09-2006, 11:57 AM
New here. I am so happy to see others who miss the old Rainbow games with 4 groups of 4 (delta, echo, sierra, etc.) Tactical squad based shooter as meant to be (realistic). I have whined about this for years. Shouldnt the task of creating a game with 4 squads be alot easier today givin the processing power of todays consoles, for crying out loud I played the first two RS games on my Dreamcast.

bdr41
03-10-2006, 12:31 PM
I've come to accept that we aren't going to be given control over numerous characters split into multiple teams or have a true mission planning stage (crucial features that made Rainbow Six so revolutionary and popular to begin) on the console R6/GR games these days.

The reason typically given is that the developers want to provide a more immersive experience by having you control just one character. Fine, but also realize that this immersive experience is undercut by having one four-man 'superteam' take down massive buildings all by themselves. Even worse is when you are forced to do this through a linear level design.

If they insist on sticking with the current format of having you control one character in charge of a small team, I'd at least like to feel like I'm part of a larger operation. For example, your team would be just one of 4 or 5 assault teams carrying out the mission (backed by spotter/sniper teams). You would regularly see/run past these other teams as you were carrying out your part of the mission. At key points multiple teams would carry out simultaneous assaults (it could be on different rooms, or a single room from various entry points, etc.), and the teams could interact with one another by calling for help if something goes wrong.

Also, there desperately needs to be a nonlinear map layout. I can imagine something like Chaos Theory where the map shows you where you're next objective is, but you are allowed to choose exactly how to reach it. Something like that, only with even more freedom and choice would be great.

doubleTAP5.56mm
03-10-2006, 04:07 PM
I don't like that idea bdr41, because it would most likely mean more scripted events like in MOA games and Brothers in Arms, where things around you happen the same way every time you play a level. Goodbye replay value.

Overleader
06-21-2007, 03:29 AM
one element I really missed
yea