PDA

View Full Version : Slowdown in external views

gazpode_l
09-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Hi all.
Having recieved a new laptop as a gift I installed SH3 for the first time in over a year. I was heartend by the fact that it loads much faster and that the inside graphics runs smoothly.

When changing to an outside view the game slows significantly.

Has anybody established how to scale down these graphics (eg turning down the sea res or graphics in general)?

Messervy
09-23-2008, 04:51 AM
My best guess would be to reduce the particles and smoke.
These tend to be major hogs on resources.

gazpode_l
09-23-2008, 06:44 AM
Sorry bud, but I have to report that I have tried experimenting with particles at 0% and checking & unchecking hi res, with little impact on my performance. The performance inside the boat remains impressive tho.

Foehammer-1
09-23-2008, 07:33 AM
I have the same problem as well. Inside of the boat looks fine, but external view is very choppy, but only when there are several ships nearby, or if there is a single ship but it's smoking or burning.
I can't view things at all in or near harbors, friendly or enemy. 1 or 2 FPS just doesnt cut it.

My solution was to live with it. I asked around before, and people also told me to play with particles. And it also didn't help. Something tells me my video RAM amount (128) may be the cause when there are lots of things happening, but I'm assuming you have more on your machine...

VikingGrandad
09-23-2008, 07:50 AM
gazpode - can you post your laptop's spec (CPU, graphics card model, amount of RAM)?

Also, is your copy of SH3 patched to 1.4b?

mariuszj1939
09-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Foehammer-1:
it's smoking or burning.
I can't view things at all in or near harbors, friendly or enemy. 1 or 2 FPS just doesnt cut it.

I had the same problem till I changed video card (from 126 to 256 MB).