PDA

View Full Version : Nooby Punkbuster question!!

hunter_301
12-13-2004, 01:07 PM
While I am not new to Raven Sheild I am new to Athena Sword and know next to nothing about Punkbuster other than it is supposed to stop hacks, cheats and typical game altering lowlifes.
My question is this:
Has PB eliminated any chance of "aimbots", "see thru wall", "shoot thru walls", etc.... from being used in the games? I would feel a lot more comfortable playing knowing that every time I get taken out is because it was actually a good shot not because someone is using hacks to be a better player. There are times when players are jumping out from behind a door, window or whatever firing one round like Wyatt Earp and taking you out when you where barely looking over a window or ledge. Another time I was down just below the stair landing where I couldn't be seen. I think it was the combat house mod and we where shooting at each other across the sets of stairs leading to the 2nd floor. I dropped down at least 4 steps to reload and the next thing I'm getting popped in the head when there was no way I could be seen from over there. Is this just coincidence or are hacks still being used in RS and AS?

hunter_301
12-13-2004, 01:07 PM
While I am not new to Raven Sheild I am new to Athena Sword and know next to nothing about Punkbuster other than it is supposed to stop hacks, cheats and typical game altering lowlifes.
My question is this:
Has PB eliminated any chance of "aimbots", "see thru wall", "shoot thru walls", etc.... from being used in the games? I would feel a lot more comfortable playing knowing that every time I get taken out is because it was actually a good shot not because someone is using hacks to be a better player. There are times when players are jumping out from behind a door, window or whatever firing one round like Wyatt Earp and taking you out when you where barely looking over a window or ledge. Another time I was down just below the stair landing where I couldn't be seen. I think it was the combat house mod and we where shooting at each other across the sets of stairs leading to the 2nd floor. I dropped down at least 4 steps to reload and the next thing I'm getting popped in the head when there was no way I could be seen from over there. Is this just coincidence or are hacks still being used in RS and AS?

moose_knuckle
12-13-2004, 04:28 PM
There will always be cheats, in any game. But we have taken out 99% of the public cheats from RvS. There are probably a few private cheats out there, but not too many people would have those.

xC.DemonKnight
12-13-2004, 09:17 PM
only ppl who will have the private hax are the ones who learned how to code or the ones who have friends who know how to code