PDA

View Full Version : Setting up multi-player

Vakyr21
05-26-2009, 09:02 PM
A few questions:

1) Is the online code the account wanted the same key that I used to install the game?
2) Once I have set up one account can I make a different one with a different name?
3) It says I need a Ubi account. Is this account that I am using right now the accoount I need?
4) (Last question) Can two different PCs activated by the same copy of the game play online together? Or, will it say that account is already in use?

Thanks!

Vakyr21
05-26-2009, 09:02 PM
A few questions:

1) Is the online code the account wanted the same key that I used to install the game?
2) Once I have set up one account can I make a different one with a different name?
3) It says I need a Ubi account. Is this account that I am using right now the accoount I need?
4) (Last question) Can two different PCs activated by the same copy of the game play online together? Or, will it say that account is already in use?

Thanks!

joshuaaa77
05-27-2009, 12:14 AM
yes it is the same key you use to install it
no u cant you can only make different accounts if they are offline
yes the account you are useing right now is the one you use as the name and password for your far cry 2 online acc
no two pc,s cant use the same key it just say's something like cd-key is allready in use like myn did when me and my bro were playing thoug you dont need a key for an offline acc so you can vs your friends at your place but not over the internet only by lan

hope i helped

Vakyr21
05-28-2009, 03:04 AM
Thankyou that's everything I need to know!

Vakyr21
05-28-2009, 03:07 AM
hang on one more thing...

Does the account name have to be Vakyr21 or can I choose a new name to use once?

TAW_OKay
05-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Do you mean, does your Game name have to be the same as the Ubi name?
If you do mean this then the answer is yes. But you can use use_clan_tag to change the tag of your name which is pretty much the equivalent of changing it.

Vakyr21
05-31-2009, 01:57 AM
Is there anywhere I can go or anything I can do to change my name? (ie can I make a new account with the same email? any support people etc?)

This is important to me so i beg for some help!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MChat
05-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Just do what everyone else does:

Once you're in the game hit the tilde (~) button to bring up the console.

Then type in:

use_clan_tag [The Name You Desire]

And hit enter. The only caveat is that the new name must be long enough, or your old name will show up after the new name. (e.g. original name "Dave", Clan Tag "Master", would appear as "MasterDave")

It's alot easier than setting up new accounts.

ViperStriker21
06-01-2009, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the help!

I went ahead and signed up with a different email to have this new account name. Now the only thing will be adding the actual clan tags. (Is my new name too long to work?)
You said that it has to have a long enough name? So my newer name would have to be longer than " ViperStriker21 "?

Thankyou for the help.

thafuriousone
06-01-2009, 08:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ViperStriker21:
Thanks for the help!

I went ahead and signed up with a different email to have this new account name. Now the only thing will be adding the actual clan tags. (Is my new name too long to work?)
You said that it has to have a long enough name? So my newer name would have to be longer than " ViperStriker21 "?

Thankyou for the help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easiest thing to do is change your name all together just using the use_caln_tag command.

type in

use_clan_tag TRD-ViperStriker

this will over ride your log in name (viewing purposes only, chatting will still show your loggin name). You can make your name anything you want UP TO 16 characters long, anything more will not be seen, anything less will show partial of your laggin name.