PDA

View Full Version : Losing points, when the opposition quits

DevilDogg0
04-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Im not sure if its just me and my partner, but if we are playing a ranked match, and somebody on the other team quits... and then we continue and win the match, when it gets to the stats screen, we lose like 30 points! Its happened 4 times so I can't be seeing things.

Its only points in an online scoreboard, but it still bugs me that it happens. Anyone else seen it?

DevilDogg0
04-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Im not sure if its just me and my partner, but if we are playing a ranked match, and somebody on the other team quits... and then we continue and win the match, when it gets to the stats screen, we lose like 30 points! Its happened 4 times so I can't be seeing things.

Its only points in an online scoreboard, but it still bugs me that it happens. Anyone else seen it?

XLiquidEntityX
04-18-2005, 04:51 PM
It's when people use their standby that it happens, their partner also gets points I believe.

GaryCartel
04-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Are you sure you're really losing those points? In my experience you seem to lose some while the dropper's partner may seem to gain some, but then after the next ranked match the points are right back where they were before the last game.

SPROGGY
04-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Anybody whose pathetic enough to cheat in a video game should be hung, stabbed, dismembered and left to bleed out.

FN57
04-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Don't forget drawn and quartered.

SPROGGY
04-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Actually, I had drawn and quartered in there to begin with and then changed it to dismembered. I figured there would be quite a few people who had no idea what drawn and quartered meant. Sacrificed it for the masses.

BMH_XGN
04-19-2005, 01:38 AM
If some1 leaves a ranked game he only will lose points. You can go back to the lobby after someone leaves without losing any points, cause the ranking will be canceled.

DevilDogg0
04-20-2005, 01:58 PM
yeah I just return to lobby when someone quits a ranked game now, cos that was a messed up bug. It sorts the problem, but when they quit as the You Win screen comes up, you can't tell and still lose points http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

SkinsGamersp
04-20-2005, 08:36 PM
YOU ALL ARE NOOBS!! If you weren't so busy hitting buttons and you actually read the screens, you will see it says ranking has been CANCELED at the top. It just shows you loosing points. It's so amazing that everytime my partner freezes, you newbs think we are cheating. By the way, check out the NFL Gamers, TOP 20 baby!!!

GaryCartel
04-21-2005, 08:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SkinsGamersp:
YOU ALL ARE NOOBS!! If you weren't so busy hitting buttons and you actually read the screens, you will see it says ranking has been CANCELED at the top. It just shows you loosing points. It's so amazing that everytime my partner freezes, you newbs think we are cheating. By the way, check out the NFL Gamers, TOP 20 baby!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woah, calm down. It's not that obvious what's going on, despite what it says. I mean, why should anyone believe "RANKING HAS BEEN CANCELED" when it shows people losing and gaining points?

degeneret3
04-21-2005, 09:55 AM
I don't think ranking is necessarily cancelled, for the people who stayed gain a few points, while the one who left gets an 100 point penalty. All you have to do is stay until the end. (in my case)