PDA

View Full Version : This game has gone from good to bad to awful

ira.overshadow
10-05-2004, 06:09 PM
I bought this game in April on pre-order. When I first started playing multiplayer in May everything was great. As subsequent patches were released up until 1.2 the gameplay got better. After 1.3 it got worse, and 1.31 is by far the worst patch I have ever experienced. But now, for some reason, things have been even worse than usual. Lag is outrageous; taser rarely works when it is used; it used to work every time, and sticky shock is also noticably less effective and accurate. Though my internet connection has gotton slightly slower since summer (it now downloads at about 450kbs) this is no excuse for lag in a game that recommends a 128kbs connection. I think the makers of the game, whoever you are, should get your act together and release a patch to help combat these problems. Even revert to 1.2 if need be, at least that was half decent. I hope I'm not the only one who will not be buying Chaos Theory until something is done about Pandora's problems. Honestly, how can we trust that a game we spend our hard earned money for will be supported when what we have now is in tatters. Give me a good 1.4 patch and I'll give UBI $40.00 for Chaos Theory, but unless something is done I hope all of us will hold our pocketbooks and wait until something is done about the problems we have now.

Write your comments on what you think UBI should do below. My opinion in a nutshell is that if the current game has intolerable netcode there is no way I'll be shelling out more money for another probable dud until something is done about the "current" model.

ira.overshadow
10-05-2004, 06:09 PM
I bought this game in April on pre-order. When I first started playing multiplayer in May everything was great. As subsequent patches were released up until 1.2 the gameplay got better. After 1.3 it got worse, and 1.31 is by far the worst patch I have ever experienced. But now, for some reason, things have been even worse than usual. Lag is outrageous; taser rarely works when it is used; it used to work every time, and sticky shock is also noticably less effective and accurate. Though my internet connection has gotton slightly slower since summer (it now downloads at about 450kbs) this is no excuse for lag in a game that recommends a 128kbs connection. I think the makers of the game, whoever you are, should get your act together and release a patch to help combat these problems. Even revert to 1.2 if need be, at least that was half decent. I hope I'm not the only one who will not be buying Chaos Theory until something is done about Pandora's problems. Honestly, how can we trust that a game we spend our hard earned money for will be supported when what we have now is in tatters. Give me a good 1.4 patch and I'll give UBI $40.00 for Chaos Theory, but unless something is done I hope all of us will hold our pocketbooks and wait until something is done about the problems we have now.

Write your comments on what you think UBI should do below. My opinion in a nutshell is that if the current game has intolerable netcode there is no way I'll be shelling out more money for another probable dud until something is done about the "current" model.

Dojomann.p.
10-05-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm still gonna buy SCCT. there's just too much fun I had with my friends and this game. I have made many friends and earned respect in the forums and in the game. I'd really like to carry over all these good times and make them last. Sure, it's glitchy, sure its got a bunch of 5 year olds playing it, but sometimes, just sometimes that's half the fun.
I can respect your opinions, but Ubi will be happy to know that my 40 dollars will be theirs shortly.
And BTW, consider SCCT a big patch for SCPT, and it comes with a whole new SP and co-op experience. The only downside is its gonna burn a 40 dollar hole in your pockets.

9ine.P.
10-05-2004, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dojomann.P.:
I'm still gonna buy SCCT. there's just too much fun I had with my friends and this game. I have made many friends and earned respect in the forums and in the game. I'd really like to carry over all these good times and make them last. Sure, it's glitchy, sure its got a bunch of 5 year olds playing it, but sometimes, just sometimes that's half the fun.
I can respect your opinions, but Ubi will be happy to know that my 40 dollars will be theirs shortly.
And BTW, consider SCCT a big patch for SCPT, and it comes with a whole new SP and co-op experience. The only downside is its gonna burn a 40 dollar hole in your pockets. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sceptre6666
10-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Yeah, sorry but this game is still too **** good, even with the bugs.

Dreakon1313
10-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Im buying SCCT regardless what happens with SCPT. I bet a lot of people will anyway since SvM is in it.

Spekkio9
10-05-2004, 09:45 PM
I've only had the game since 1.3.

1.3 was VERY annoying, as PB errors made me stop playing for a while. 1.31 fixed all that ****, so I was happy. Not happy about the mic bug, but I don't play rank so not a huge deal.

As far as lag, I don't get much lag unless I am playing with someone overseas. If I'm in a US server with all people from the US, there isn't really much lag.

SS less effective and accurate? Well, I don't know what the aiming system was in 1.2, but I can tell you that it hits wherever that little dot is. Also, it shocks the person for 3 seconds. Don't know what you mean by "less effective." Maybe you mean that you can't grab or cam after it, in that case yes it is less effective, but I don't think that's a bad thing. There are times that those 3 seconds seem like 10 when I get shocked and watch a spy run around me to get to a higher place and jump me.

Not saying this game is perfect, but many of my gripes aren't even bugs -- like spamming spawn with nades or spawn camping. Personally, I've never had many of the problems you have, so I definitely will be buying SCCT. And I respect and commend your decision to not buy it.

HarkoninVSC
10-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Games fine for me, its the players that ruin it.

I.S.F-Dixxhead
10-06-2004, 04:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>...
SS less effective and accurate? ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

only thing is that the time the ss stops the mercs from omving is different... how many times i ss'ed a merc to run past him and he was capable of moving after 1 second and simply tazed me with a tazer that followed me behind him? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Amn-23
10-06-2004, 10:32 AM
ira.overshadow

yoyur definately in the minority here. sorry.

Spekkio9
10-06-2004, 11:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I.S.F-Dixxhead:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>...
SS less effective and accurate? ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

only thing is that the time the ss stops the mercs from omving is different... how many times i ss'ed a merc to run past him and he was capable of moving after 1 second and simply tazed me with a tazer that followed me behind him? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It lasts for 3 seconds. Your problem is you probably smoke the merc when he's shocked and expect it to do something. For the first few seconds after being shocked the merc cannot be shocked, cammed, grabbed, elbowed, or smoked. That's why I always like it when people shock me inside the smoke (unless they jump me then it's not cool). A) It restarts the time it takes for you to pass out, and B) you get a couple of seconds to just waltze on out of there -- or charge if you prefer -- as if there was no smoke nade thrown in the first place.

Basically, you probably think it's 1 second because you shock, smoke, run...the merc comes out of shock and just charges towards you and tazes you because the smoke is ineffective. It's not the SS they played with, it's all the stuff you could do to the merc AFTER he's been shocked.

DrCactus
10-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Some one also thought that mercs can chage through sticky shocks. But you can't. Also, I got stuck in a box for the first time in three months. The bugs really aren't that bad as Hark said, but the **** players that don't stay in a game.
As for all of you noobs out there, which movie/TV show/comic book did you see where a spy/covert marine, follows the other one right on his heels? STOP FOLLOWING YOU'RE TEAMATE. Think about how to protect him rather than be like a freakin hostage in CS.
Daybreak_23

kingsadist
10-06-2004, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HarkoninVSC:
Games fine for me, its the players that ruin it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BOOYAH!

redskirts
10-06-2004, 01:14 PM
Games fun with the right people. As for the ss i actually think it should only last 1 second instead of the 3. It would cut down on ss rail jumps, superman jumps and on the whole i shoot you with gun you shock me and run right past smoke smoke and what do you know monolith is started. Arghhh....hehe.

Snake_1968
10-06-2004, 06:56 PM
You are right on this on and that is why I will not get it and to the people that run out and do get it you better not CRY when it will not run. I can't wait I will be LOL at all when you get this game and it will not work and you sit and wait for a PATCH.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ira.overshadow:

Write your comments on what you think UBI should do below. My opinion in a nutshell is that if the current game has intolerable netcode there is no way I'll be shelling out more money for another probable dud until something is done about the "current" model. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spekkio9
10-06-2004, 07:30 PM
I hate to burst your bubble, but the bottom line is that Ubi DID patch the game so that people can play it. Yes, there are some glitches that they could still fix, but there are very few games that don't have any glitches at all. This game works, and if SCCT doesn't work, they will patch it. Anyone who still has major problems with SCPT most likely has a configuration or hardware compatibility issue, which is no fault of Ubi's. Patches don't cost money, and SCCT does have a single player and co-op mode as well to hold us over IF the multiplayer needs patching.

HarkoninVSC
10-06-2004, 09:07 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

HarkoninVSC
10-06-2004, 09:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
I hope I'm not the only one who will not be buying Chaos Theory until something is done about Pandora's problems.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So let me get this right you would by a DIFFERENT game, if they patch a game besides that 1? That really doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless your saying your going to boycott ALL Ubi games.

Not to mention Chaos Theory is 5 months away and Pandora Tomorrow is already past the point of patches/support.

S.a.S-Xietsu
10-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Ahah! Harkonin has at last established a fine, acute, pointy, and sharp, point for all the forum goers to "OoOoOoOoO" and "Ahhhhhhhh" at.

Ó°DITION NOMBRE UN!!! - maybe the effects of all of hark's beers have started to wear off; his brain receptors are BEGINNING TO REFORM!!! HE IS REGAINING INTELLIGENCE QUOTIENT POINTS AS WE SPEAK!!

HarkoninVSC
10-07-2004, 07:07 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif