PDA

View Full Version : Sam's knife - specs:



Epicurus_13
05-18-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm not very fond of weapons IRL, but I know a lot of you have been curious to find out what kind of knife Sam is using in CT. Well, I was reading the Splinter Cell novel this morning and came across a mention of his knife (bottom of p. 74, softcover edition) -

"The only weapon I carried on the plane is my genuine Marine Corps combat knife. It's got a 7-inch carbon steel blade with a blood groove and a 5-inch leather handle."

Hope that's of some use to those of you out there who were wondering.

The book's pretty good, but it's obviously intended as fan service for those who enjoyed the games - Sam seems a little out of place in the otherwise "real" world. (lots of cool info on his spy suit and how he carries all those gadgets though.)

Epicurus_13
05-18-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm not very fond of weapons IRL, but I know a lot of you have been curious to find out what kind of knife Sam is using in CT. Well, I was reading the Splinter Cell novel this morning and came across a mention of his knife (bottom of p. 74, softcover edition) -

"The only weapon I carried on the plane is my genuine Marine Corps combat knife. It's got a 7-inch carbon steel blade with a blood groove and a 5-inch leather handle."

Hope that's of some use to those of you out there who were wondering.

The book's pretty good, but it's obviously intended as fan service for those who enjoyed the games - Sam seems a little out of place in the otherwise "real" world. (lots of cool info on his spy suit and how he carries all those gadgets though.)

Epicurus_13
05-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Oh yeah, and another interesting fact: for those of you wondering what combat style Sam uses, he is an expert in Krav Maga, and it's definitely his martial art of choice. I personally have a lot of respect for Krav Maga, because it contains 0% mysticism and 0% show-off moves - it's a fighting art designed to provide the absolute best self-defense around - no dancing, no humming, no bowing. Watch some videos of people demonstrating and you'll see.

Omega_224
05-18-2005, 11:35 AM
*reads second post carefully*

Hmm. Unless this part:

"I personally have a lot of respect for Krav Maga, because it contains 0% mysticism and 0% show-off moves"

was the funny line... you missed one. But I doubt that was it, so...

Anyway, I don't really care what his knife is. I guess it'd be cool to know, so I'll check up every once in a while. Meh.

Epicurus_13
05-18-2005, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Omega_224:
*reads second post carefully*

Hmm. Unless this part:

"I personally have a lot of respect for Krav Maga, because it contains 0% mysticism and 0% show-off moves"

was the funny line... you missed one. But I doubt that was it, so...

Anyway, I don't really care what his knife is. I guess it'd be cool to know, so I'll check up every once in a while. Meh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, you want me to write something that tries pathetically to be funny, huh?

Vin Diesel.

Omega_224
05-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Ouch. lol

Epicurus_13
05-18-2005, 01:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Omega_224:
Ouch. lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a time when I had mercy in my heart.


That time is gone.

aHandThatFeeds
05-18-2005, 01:51 PM
WOW, i didnt know there was a splinter cell book out. I thought Tom Clancy came up with the idea and sold it to UBIsoft. I'm gonna go check out Amazon for it. Yey.

Duck_Soup
05-18-2005, 03:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aHandThatFeeds:
WOW, i didnt know there was a splinter cell book out. I thought Tom Clancy came up with the idea and sold it to UBIsoft. I'm gonna go check out Amazon for it. Yey. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom Clancey didn't actually write the SC book, it was written by someone else using the license.

nemt
05-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Maybe Sam should get S.C.A.R.S. training.

Shadow_Net543
05-18-2005, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Epicurus_13:
Oh yeah, and another interesting fact: for those of you wondering what combat style Sam uses, he is an expert in Krav Maga, and it's definitely his martial art of choice. I personally have a lot of respect for Krav Maga, because it contains 0% mysticism and 0% show-off moves - it's a fighting art designed to provide the absolute best self-defense around - no dancing, no humming, no bowing. Watch some videos of people demonstrating and you'll see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's pretty evident you have very little knowledge of Martial arts. Krap Magay is about as good a martial arts as learning from a book or video. Fighting isnt 'This happens, so I do this'. And the Bowing a Mysticism, and show off moves are scoffed upon by real martial artists.

The type of training you do in Krav Maga is probably one of, if not the most, ineffective type of training. You want to see REAL MA action, watch some MMA events. It may just look like some other sport to you, but in reality most of those fighters could dominate 90% of the population.

All military programs are ****, they just seem effective because the soldier has a better than average physique and a 'kill or be killed' mentality. Taking a punch from them will hurt alot more than the average person, but taking a punch from a professional boxer/MMA fight can kill you.

My brother and I do Muay Thai and he recently joined the army and was disgusted by the 'training' for hand to hand fighting that they do.

para_negotiator
05-18-2005, 06:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aHandThatFeeds:
WOW, i didnt know there was a splinter cell book out. I thought Tom Clancy came up with the idea and sold it to UBIsoft. I'm gonna go check out Amazon for it. Yey. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes and they are aparently comming out with a movie now too!!

Epicurus_13
05-18-2005, 06:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shadow_Net543:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Epicurus_13:
Oh yeah, and another interesting fact: for those of you wondering what combat style Sam uses, he is an expert in Krav Maga, and it's definitely his martial art of choice. I personally have a lot of respect for Krav Maga, because it contains 0% mysticism and 0% show-off moves - it's a fighting art designed to provide the absolute best self-defense around - no dancing, no humming, no bowing. Watch some videos of people demonstrating and you'll see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's pretty evident you have very little knowledge of Martial arts. Krap Magay is about as good a martial arts as learning from a book or video. Fighting isnt 'This happens, so I do this'. And the Bowing a Mysticism, and show off moves are scoffed upon by real martial artists.

The type of training you do in Krav Maga is probably one of, if not the most, ineffective type of training. You want to see REAL MA action, watch some MMA events. It may just look like some other sport to you, but in reality most of those fighters could dominate 90% of the population.

All military programs are ****, they just seem effective because the soldier has a better than average physique and a 'kill or be killed' mentality. Taking a punch from them will hurt alot more than the average person, but taking a punch from a professional boxer/MMA fight can kill you.

My brother and I do Muay Thai and he recently joined the army and was disgusted by the 'training' for hand to hand fighting that they do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well MY brother is so strong that one time he punched an IRON DOOR and the door blew up and 600 special forces SWAt soldiers flew out and started attacking hiim with 1000 machine guns and 2000 machine gun bullets but he threw a krav maga puch so hard that all of them exploded and his fighting was the best and then he was like "ha ha, I am win this fight" and I was like yeah.


Newsflash: I didn't put down boxing or MMA (Musky Monkey *******ers), so you don't have to pop a menstrual clot defending them. But please don't start throwing out crazy insults like that without a little more to back you up, okay big guy? You like boxing and Muay Thai, fine, so do I (all my martial arts training is in one of those two, plus Judo), but you'll have to be a little more polite and rational befor eyou bring that kind of babble to me and expect me to listen, okay cupcake? Here's a good site for you to visit: I understand that this is a trying time for you, and that you are confused about a lot of things right now: http://www.centerforendo.com/news/clots/clots.htm . Just visit there and then get back to me, okay Sweetie?

BAM! TOTAL!

(P.S: Posting while under the influence of alcohol RULES!)
(P.P.S: for a case like yours, I reccommend Maxi with wings, okay sugarplum?)

SPROGGY
05-18-2005, 07:58 PM
first, the knife in the book is not the knife in the game. The knife Fisher refers to in the book is a K-bar combat knife designed during WWII. In the game Fisher uses a dagger, closer to the applegate-fairbairn fighter, but without the guard. Secondly, if anyone expects to get extensive and effective combat training in the armed forces, then they need to go the special operations route. Your average soldier does not get extensive CQC training because they fight in large numbers and from a distance. What little they do get is more of a confidence and fitness booster than an actual lesson in aggression. Special forces soldiers, more specifically the SEALs, Force Recon, Delta, and Green berets, receive extensive and extremely effective Close combat training in which they are recertified numerous times over the course of their careers. MMA fighters are bad boys, no doubt about it. But Id like to see Tito Ortiz or Randy Couture try and choke out a Navy SEAL. its hard to perform a triangle choke with detached retinas.

Shadow_Net543
05-18-2005, 08:01 PM
I wasnt defending, nor did I insult you. You're blowing this a little out of proportion here. YOU on the otherhand insulted me, which was uncalled for, and makes is seem YOU are the one trying to start an argument.

Maybe you should calm down a little before we continue with this conversation, trying to reason with a drunk is harder than fighting said Swat officers.

I'm merely saying you shouldnt assume things of other martial arts, just because they hold traditions, like bowing, or have a mysticism behind them, which was undoubtably some Hollywood thing.

I do appologise if I offended you though, but you still took this out of proprtion. Might have been the alchohal, I dont know but it was definitly uncalled for, and it shows to me how little someone really is that they have to resort to insults in a friendly debate about something.

Hmph, your problem, not mine.

Shadow_Net543
05-18-2005, 08:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deepego3:
first, the knife in the book is not the knife in the game. The knife Fisher refers to in the book is a K-bar combat knife designed during WWII. In the game Fisher uses a dagger, closer to the applegate-fairbairn fighter, but without the guard. Secondly, if anyone expects to get extensive and effective combat training in the armed forces, then they need to go the special operations route. Your average soldier does not get extensive CQC training because they fight in large numbers and from a distance. What little they do get is more of a confidence and fitness booster than an actual lesson in aggression. Special forces soldiers, more specifically the SEALs, Force Recon, Delta, and Green berets, receive extensive and extremely effective Close combat training in which they are recertified numerous times over the course of their careers. MMA fighters are bad boys, no doubt about it. But Id like to see Tito Ortiz or Randy Couture try and choke out a Navy SEAL. its hard to perform a triangle choke with detached retinas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats another thing, the ruleset that the MMAists have to follow would make it difficult to fight with a SEAL or the like. Special Forces train in things to try and get the job done as fast as possible, like the eyes(like you said), groin, throat, etc. MMAists have rules to follow, so they usually dont bother training things that would be illeagel in the ring.

And yeah, I know, double post. sorry...

Epicurus_13
05-18-2005, 09:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shadow_Net543:
I wasnt defending, nor did I insult you. You're blowing this a little out of proportion here. YOU on the otherhand insulted me, which was uncalled for, and makes is seem YOU are the one trying to start an argument.

Maybe you should calm down a little before we continue with this conversation, trying to reason with a drunk is harder than fighting said Swat officers.

I'm merely saying you shouldnt assume things of other martial arts, just because they hold traditions, like bowing, or have a mysticism behind them, which was undoubtably some Hollywood thing.

I do appologise if I offended you though, but you still took this out of proprtion. Might have been the alchohal, I dont know but it was definitly uncalled for, and it shows to me how little someone really is that they have to resort to insults in a friendly debate about something.

Hmph, your problem, not mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ProTip: If you want to have a "friendly debate" with someone, it's considered unprosfessional to include the term "Krap Magay" in the second sentence. I was responding in kind to what you were looking for: a balls-to-the-wall macho contest about who knows more about martial arts and menses, so don't comlain when I served it to you. Reread your post and see if it merits civil treatment, or if I should just hold my hand to your forehead while you swing away comically, unable to reach me due to your slightly shorter arms. This is the last I will say of this.

rikakiah
05-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Just a little note on the martial arts bits before this gets too hot in here... First, bowing is done as a sign of respect for the opponent. Perhaps some circles scoff at it, but there is still honor in some cases (of course, even the forms that typically bow wouldn't do so in a sudden, forced scenario--there's a time for honor and respect and a time for action).

As to mysticism, while I don't really go for it at all, there are some very devout followers of forms that are deep in it. I'd think twice about not calling some of these guys "real" martial artists. Careful with your generalities...

Show off moves, on the other hand, are just that. Any move that is merely showing off is a wasted motion and would probably end up getting you in trouble in a serious confrontation. I'll agree with you on that point.

Lastly, a point to Shadow...your post WAS a bit condescending. Also, perhaps you are unfamiliar with Epicurus' posting style, but he typically uses sarcasm and exaggeration to make his points. It's not insulting, merely a form of communication. No need to get testy. Although, not trying to upset you, I would tend to be leary of claiming that a fighting style that follows certain "rules" could dominate most of their opponents. It's not really a fighting style if it is not effective in a real confrontation--real confrontations exploit "rules" that constrain certain martial artists. Just as an example, Tae Kwon Do doesn't allow attacks below the belt. However, they are EASILY defeated if you attack low and/or get in close--they don't know what to do. (Of course, the best Tae Kwon Do artists are a force to be respected as they won't allow you to get close, don't get me wrong in saying that form is total garbage or anything)...

Epicurus_13
05-18-2005, 10:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rikakiah:
Just a little note on the martial arts bits before this gets too hot in here... First, bowing is done as a sign of respect for the opponent. Perhaps some circles scoff at it, but there is still honor in some cases (of course, even the forms that typically bow wouldn't do so in a sudden, forced scenario--there's a time for honor and respect and a time for action).

As to mysticism, while I don't really go for it at all, there are some very devout followers of forms that are deep in it. I'd think twice about not calling some of these guys "real" martial artists. Careful with your generalities...

Show off moves, on the other hand, are just that. Any move that is merely showing off is a wasted motion and would probably end up getting you in trouble in a serious confrontation. I'll agree with you on that point.

Lastly, a point to Shadow...your post WAS a bit condescending. Also, perhaps you are unfamiliar with Epicurus' posting style, but he typically uses sarcasm and exaggeration to make his points. It's not insulting, merely a form of communication. No need to get testy. Although, not trying to upset you, I would tend to be leary of claiming that a fighting style that follows certain "rules" could dominate most of their opponents. It's not really a fighting style if it is not effective in a real confrontation--real confrontations exploit "rules" that constrain certain martial artists. Just as an example, Tae Kwon Do doesn't allow attacks below the belt. However, they are EASILY defeated if you attack low and/or get in close--they don't know what to do. (Of course, the best Tae Kwon Do artists are a force to be respected as they won't allow you to get close, don't get me wrong in saying that form is total garbage or anything)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I lasted about ten minutes, but I will break my resolution to let it drop - sort of.

Shadow, I would like to apologize. Through the haze of cheap beer I posted something a bit harsh when I was trying to say was "Hey man, what's yo' problem, dogg? Why you up in my grill?" - but I made the classic writer's faux pas of including a link to an info site about mentrual clots - my bad. I take back the insulting parts, they were not meant for you, but the gremlin that the beer conjured up. Like Rik said, I was trying to use sarcasm, but it blew up in my face a bit, so let's just do the guy thing where we shake hands and clap each other on the back and say we're friends. (If you want revenge on me, well, just get your mother to read my post and tell you what she thinks my chances are of getting a job that pays more than minimum wage - I regret posting that thing at all! though I did learn about menstrual clots.)

All right, let THAT be the end of it!



In other news, so, Sam's knife from the book is not the one in CT? Darn. Well, there you go, another lead as to his knife gone and buried. Well, so sad, luckily, I do not give two lumps of excrement about what his knife is. You people who are obsessed with knives are a little creepy and frankly I would not let you handle anyone's pets and/or genitals if it were up to me.

And that is the sternest reprimand I have ever issued.

Shadow_Net543
05-18-2005, 10:16 PM
MMA just means mixed martial arts, it isnt really a 'style' perse. It's just that professional MMAists spend mostly all there time training to be the best fighter, meaning even if they do follow rules, when the **** hits the fan, they can still dominate most of their opponents. I dont know why you would think it is not effective in a real confrontation.

What you're reffering to is olympic TKD. They dont allow what you had said. But most good TKD Dojangs WILL teach you to blast someone knee out if things get heated.

It's individual smarts over anything in fighting.

EDIT: Yeah, it got out of hand, and I too appologize. I have a problem with other peoples opinions, and respecting them, and I was a pretty condescending.

This is only an online forum afterall, and this **** really doesnt matter too much, so I'm sorry, and dont worry about any revenge, I'm not usually the 'vengeance' type.

Epicurus_13
05-18-2005, 10:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shadow_Net543:
Yeah, it got out of hand, and I too appologize. I have a problem with other peoples opinions, and respecting them, and I was a pretty condescending.

This is only an online forum afterall, and this **** really doesnt matter too much, so I'm sorry, and dont worry about any revenge, I'm not usually the 'vengeance' type. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All right! Now let's go get some Strongbow Dry Cider!

Floats like Cider, stings like twice as much beer!

SPROGGY
05-19-2005, 10:27 AM
"In other news, so, Sam's knife from the book is not the one in CT? Darn. Well, there you go, another lead as to his knife gone and buried. Well, so sad, luckily, I do not give two lumps of excrement about what his knife is. You people who are obsessed with knives are a little creepy and frankly I would not let you handle anyone's pets and/or genitals if it were up to me.

And that is the sternest reprimand I have ever issued."

I guess its a good thing that nobody cares about your opinion then. For someone who seems to want to dial down the level of intensity in this thread, youve certainly given some effort to insulting those who responded to YOUR original post. Ill assume your ignorant comment was directed at me, since Im the only one who gave any info on the knife. If you dont want to hear what people who know what they are talking about have to say, then dont start the thread. If you dont like my opinion, or the fact that I, unlike some, contributed factual information to this thread(as oppossed to mindless driveling and juvenile bickering) then you can shove it. I have a dog, hes healthy. And I wouldnt come withing ten feet of your genitals, which means Im healthy. You on the other hand need to be a little more mature about what you type. I dont know who it is you think youve reprimanded, or even what makes you think youve got the clout to reprimand anyone on this board. All i see is one big temper tantrum.

Epicurus_13
05-19-2005, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deepego3:
"In other news, so, Sam's knife from the book is not the one in CT? Darn. Well, there you go, another lead as to his knife gone and buried. Well, so sad, luckily, I do not give two lumps of excrement about what his knife is. You people who are obsessed with knives are a little creepy and frankly I would not let you handle anyone's pets and/or genitals if it were up to me.

And that is the sternest reprimand I have ever issued."

I guess its a good thing that nobody cares about your opinion then. For someone who seems to want to dial down the level of intensity in this thread, youve certainly given some effort to insulting those who responded to YOUR original post. Ill assume your ignorant comment was directed at me, since Im the only one who gave any info on the knife. If you dont want to hear what people who know what they are talking about have to say, then dont start the thread. If you dont like my opinion, or the fact that I, unlike some, contributed factual information to this thread(as oppossed to mindless driveling and juvenile bickering) then you can shove it. I have a dog, hes healthy. And I wouldnt come withing ten feet of your genitals, which means Im healthy. You on the other hand need to be a little more mature about what you type. I dont know who it is you think youve reprimanded, or even what makes you think youve got the clout to reprimand anyone on this board. All i see is one big temper tantrum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoah, I see I wan't on top of my game last night. Apologies if you were offended by my comments - I was just joking around re: the knife thing, I have absoblutely no beef with that. Please don't take my comments the wrong way - no harm intended!

rikakiah
05-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Stealth, like I said (meant to, anyway, if I hadn't), I wasn't too sure exactly what your "style" was, just going off what it sounded like you said. I'm obviosly not versed in all the techniques MMA's use, so I'll bow out of that conversation. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I just find most "tournament" arts really don't have solid street effectiveness.

And Ep, at least it's only internet people who get offended by your sarcasm. It's much worse when it's your boss/coworkers...trust me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Epicurus_13
05-19-2005, 11:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rikakiah:
Stealth, like I said (meant to, anyway, if I hadn't), I wasn't too sure exactly what your "style" was, just going off what it sounded like you said. I'm obviosly not versed in all the techniques MMA's use, so I'll bow out of that conversation. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I just find most "tournament" arts really don't have solid street effectiveness.

And Ep, at least it's only internet people who get offended by your sarcasm. It's much worse when it's your boss/coworkers...trust me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the sympathy - and I know what you mean. Having a joke turn sour is such an awful feeling... like you just want to curl up and vanish.

I've been practicing, but the best I can do is just curl up really well. I need an active camo suit.

SPROGGY
05-19-2005, 02:08 PM
"Whoah, I see I wan't on top of my game last night. Apologies if you were offended by my comments - I was just joking around re: the knife thing, I have absoblutely no beef with that. Please don't take my comments the wrong way - no harm intended"

Fair enough, I appreciate you taking the time to explain the situation instead of firing back when malice was not your intent. Unfortunately, this board is full of people who would rather pick a fight than have intelligent conversation. Im always on my guard because of it. Its difficult to sense a persons tone or sarcastic nature over the internet, in the future I will note the fact that you may be sarcastic in your posts. Sorry for jumping all over you, like I said, there are those people...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Epicurus_13
05-19-2005, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deepego3:
"Whoah, I see I wan't on top of my game last night. Apologies if you were offended by my comments - I was just joking around re: the knife thing, I have absoblutely no beef with that. Please don't take my comments the wrong way - no harm intended"

Fair enough, I appreciate you taking the time to explain the situation instead of firing back when malice was not your intent. Unfortunately, this board is full of people who would rather pick a fight than have intelligent conversation. Im always on my guard because of it. Its difficult to sense a persons tone or sarcastic nature over the internet, in the future I will note the fact that you may be sarcastic in your posts. Sorry for jumping all over you, like I said, there are those people...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


No problem, I know exactly where you are coming from. Now let's go procure some dry cider, huh?

(And I was totally kidding re: people who know about knives. I honestly think that it IS cool - just not my thing.)

SplinterCell_37
05-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Did you know Sam's punch-from-behind move (the one where he hits the temple) is EXACTLY the same as the hook I learned in Zen Do Kai karate? Interesting, eh?

aHandThatFeeds
05-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Oh Yeah, it was written by David Michaels, similar writing style tho. Oh well.

SPROGGY
05-20-2005, 09:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Epicurus_13:


No problem, I know exactly where you are coming from. Now let's go procure some dry cider, huh?

(And I was totally kidding re: people who know about knives. I honestly think that it IS cool - just not my thing.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dry cider it is then!

Epicurus_13
05-20-2005, 05:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aHandThatFeeds:
Oh Yeah, it was written by David Michaels, similar writing style tho. Oh well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just finished reading it actually, it's a good read - lots of interesting info regarding how Sam's suit actually works. I have to say, Sam's pretty sloppy in the books though - he gets spotted like a bazillion times or so.

Definitely worth picking up if you are a fan of SC.