PDA

View Full Version : Retreating question has been answered

LordTenacious
08-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Taken straight from the IGN article:

"Each player has a persistent battalion which gains upgrades and experience through battle which are carried from one fight to the next. If a unit dies in battle before it can retreat (players have ample time to call in an extraction for pinned units before they die), it loses all experience and upgrades it had built up"

I don't know about this system. Seems like the second someone on my team starts taking casualities they will retreat.

LordTenacious
08-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Taken straight from the IGN article:

"Each player has a persistent battalion which gains upgrades and experience through battle which are carried from one fight to the next. If a unit dies in battle before it can retreat (players have ample time to call in an extraction for pinned units before they die), it loses all experience and upgrades it had built up"

I don't know about this system. Seems like the second someone on my team starts taking casualities they will retreat.

Mr.Hanky2005
08-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Me personally, if one of my team mates was able to push-on I would stay in the fight, untill it is useless to fight any longer, and it is obvious that I can't win. None of that "OMG!!!! I lost 2 people retreat!" I wouldn't do that. The only way I would retreat straight off is if my team mates and I are taking heavy losses. But like I said I would try to play it realistically. Let's just hope we have alot of player that will talk, and plan attacks.

PrinceCaspian5
08-26-2007, 10:54 AM
i think that it is only that one unit that retreats, and i would hope that you would have the opportunity to call in reinforcements to replace the unit

AceDeadshot
08-26-2007, 02:46 PM
That would unbalance the whole system i think, even if they did it that way they'd have to balance it somehow or battles would go on forever it'd defeat the effect of a retreat which obviously would weaken one side greatly.

Question is do you get to retreat squads individually or is it all or nothing, it would make it easier to spare your valuable units while not having to desert the fight to do so.

KJ_White
08-26-2007, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if at any one time we could only have 12 units in total. which of course is a full side for a battle.

AlphaDelta219
08-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Well just like in real world military operations you wouldnt put all your eggs in one basket so to speak. have units in reserve for when you need them, be ready to expect losses, etc.

Used_Gamertag
08-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Maybe send a small portion of your troops at one time. If that overwhelms you, then retreat and send in a little more and do more before retreating if you need to.

DEADLYAGENT1980
09-15-2007, 05:24 PM
as a matter of tactics, and strategy a army is likly to have thier moral fall and experince a retreat once they lose 30% of thier army.
that's 3 out of 10. remember there are 3 ways to win a battle. conqer it by force, starve it by cutting off it's supplies, psych it by getting in thier heads and breaking moral and unit spirit to the point they retreat or surrender http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif .

KJ_White
09-15-2007, 08:52 PM
i don't think you'll find that they'll lose morale coz 3 of the units got humped anyway there are up to 12 units meaining u would need 4 getting killed for it to be a third and 3 out of 10 is 33.3333% recuring not 30% just to be padantic. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

pointandlaugh
09-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Actually, 3/10 is 30%. 33.3% would be 3/9