PDA

View Full Version : ubisoft, a pack of incompetent *****whatever****

micke-89
07-02-2009, 04:39 PM
wtf is wrong with you ubisoft?
what are your incompetent staff doing?
why are there no replies on the forum?
why are there not a single thread about you explaining what went wrong with this **** launch of your so called game?
why isn't there a single thread/news post about you saying 'hey, we're doing the best we can to fix all bugs/crashes?
I was planning on writing this to the support, but not even the support is working atm..
And since the slackers aint reading the forums I guess I just wasted my time, aswell yours whos reading this ****.

IronCommando
07-02-2009, 04:50 PM
It really amazes me how many people make posts like this when they never considered something was wrong with their system/configuration.

I have three seperate PCs I have run this game on without a single crash, from XP to Vista, to Windows 7. Common problems like this come from bad/outdated drivers, poorly maintained systems, and equipment that doesn't mean spec.

So who's the slacker? You? Or Ubisoft?

Ajesto
07-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by IronCommando:
It really amazes me how many people make posts like this when they never considered something was wrong with their system/configuration.

I have three seperate PCs I have run this game on without a single crash, from XP to Vista, to Windows 7. Common problems like this come from bad/outdated drivers, poorly maintained systems, and equipment that doesn't mean spec.

So who's the slacker? You? Or Ubisoft?

Thats all fine, but that aint the problem, internet lobby timeouting and randomly shutting down is!

micke-89
07-02-2009, 05:04 PM
nää nu blir jag förbannad!

well my system is up to date and all other games I play and have played have run just great.
Anyways it still doesn't explain their lack of presence on the forums and news posts.

And Hey, I didnt say I wasn't a slacker. Because I am.. but I don't expect a game developer who just released a game to be.

Danthelondoner
07-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I have a brand new gaming PC with the latest drivers and this game still crashes my computer.

This has been a bad launch, all things considered.

ind1co
07-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Micke jag håller med dig, totalt kasst!

I have three separate PC's. All running Vista x64 (c2d and i7's), all connected to different domains (home.local and work.local) and not one computer manages to launch the game. COJ:BIB just closes with an error logged in the event viewer:

I]Felet uppstod i programmet CoJBiBGame_x86.exe, version 1.0.0.0, tidsstämpel 0x4a2e0b8a, felet uppstod i modulen filesystem_x86.dll, version 1.0.0.1, tidsstämpel 0x4a2d416c, undantagskod 0xc0000005, felförskjutning 0x0000479f, process-ID 0x4c50, programmets starttid 0x01c9fc17f7b71cf0.[/I]

UAC is off, Steam is started as an administrator but nothing seems to help. The graphics card are either Nvidia GF8800GTS or 9800GTX with the latest drivers. My guess is that Ubi never tries the games in a domain environment and probably dont even have a domaincontrolled development-environment...

Silly and obviously incompetent staff at Ubi.

RodriguezCoJ
07-03-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't know if they are incompetent. Because they don't say anything. I so much wished my sound problems to be solved or at least discussed. Nada.

Of course I tried the latest drivers and any hint that has been posted on this forum so far. But I don't have sound in this crappy game. Certainly I have sound everywhere else but not in CoJ2, so for sure it must be my machine that is wrong, I know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ind1co
07-04-2009, 03:54 AM
In my opinion they are clearly incompetent. First, this is a confirmed issue with the old COJ also, not being able to run it in a domain environment. In COJ the error was (from callstack.txt):

Call stack:

?open@fs@@YAPAXPBDW4EFSMode@@H@Z

?copy@fs@@YA_NPBD0I@Z

Exception occured at: ?open@fs@@YAPAXPBDW4EFSMode@@H@Z

But nothing was being done to this either. Number two issue is that the tech support never answers your questions. They just autorespond with some standard questions (latest drivers, update directx, run as administrator) which all have been tested before.

Dammit, I have 100+ games on my Steam gamelist and not a single problem with any other game, just these Ubi Non-existant QA games... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

IcMCustard
07-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I have to agree with micke-89. Far too much time is being spent by games developers on console games with the PC games market as an afterthought. Yes I hear them cry there is more money in it for them , its easier to program, they just have to program for the generic hardware of Xbox360 PS3 etc. But there are still millions of PC gamers out there. More and more PC games are just bugged to hell on release or just unplayable, poorly executed ports.
What's happening? is this the end of mainstream PC gaming? Are we destined to put up with this nonsense for good? I really hope not!

the_Monk-
07-04-2009, 01:57 PM
People please make sure you have ALL of the latest windows patches/updates.

In particular anything/everything relating to .NET

More and more games these days require working and patched .NET installations.