PDA

View Full Version : Game modes question for create a map Diffent than other game mode questions)

Supreme_321
08-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Well I was wonder like could each object that you complete on multiplayer lead to another object like cause and effect so you don't have like there diffent objectives to deend or three different objective to attack and also could teams have different objectives against each otherl ike one team is trying to capture a teams dimond while other team is trying to kill the other team off before they get there dimond.

spypenguin
08-23-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't think so.

Supreme_321
08-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Well I would at least want some facts and light shed on this because this realy neeeds to be added to map creator options then if this isn't being added for map creator

Icecube1137
08-23-2008, 02:36 PM
im having trouble understanding what you are asking...

Supreme_321
08-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Well i'm aksing like if your team finishes one objective in multiplayer then could lead to another objective sort of like Battle field Bad Company.

Also could each tem have two different objective against each other like could one team try to kill the other team when the otheer team is trying to capture the Flag(Dimond)

spypenguin
08-23-2008, 02:45 PM
I've never played Far Cry, but wouldn't that be the gametype and not the map?

Supreme_321
08-23-2008, 02:48 PM
That is what i'm trying to say that can game types be chained so one causes another to happen and can each tema have two differnet objective agaginst each other sort of like campaighn exept im multiplayer mode.

IVlatty
08-23-2008, 02:51 PM
I think he means there should be aysmmetric gametypes.

Like 'one diamond'

One team defends while other attacks, then they switch around.

Supreme_321
08-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Well sort of, Think about Battle field Bad company one team has to destroy the gold crated and the othere team has to kil hte other team renforcments off now replace the gold with dimonds and keep the part were one steam has to kill of other teams renforments, OK one team on this game has to capture the dimonds, game type(Cature the flag) and the other team has to kill of the team trying to get there dimond has to kill off there renforcments or rech highests score, game type (Team death match) so its to game modes going on at the same time but, each team is only doind one of the two.

Also like battle field Bad comapny in gold rush once you destroy both gold crates at a base the defenders get pushed abck and the attackers get to go forwars with better weapons and such well in this game can we ado the same thing like when you capture one dimond then your defenders move back to another base were they have to defend another dimond but, to get that next dimond you need to take the first dimond.

Muffin_man_XD
08-23-2008, 09:17 PM
I kind of understand what you are saying. You want there to be offence/defence objectives but instead of just one objective there are multiple ones? Yeah I would like that, the open plan landscape might make it a bit difficult though. Battlefield is pretty linear.

You should brush up on your English skills man, it was almost painful trying to understand what you were saying.

Brimtown
08-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Supreme, what you're describing would require the insertion of logic points, triggers, objectives, etc. That's not going to happen with this map editor.

Timesplitters allowed you to do things like that, however, and there is a new Timesplitters game on the way.

Supreme_321
08-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Don't think of mew for being stupid for asking but, what is time spllitters and i'm new to this game so don't think anything else of me for aksing.

1. Well Mufin man XD that si some of my better english number one and secoundly and I have to ask the secound question to Brimtown, Well Brimtown since you said we can't do chained objectives then can we have each team do different objectives so one team is trying to capture the flag(Dimond) and the other team is thrying to kill of the other teams renformecnts(Reach score limit) can this be possible then because you onlt said something about the chain objectives.

Brimtown
08-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Supreme_321:
Don't think of mew for being stupid for asking but, what is time spllitters and i'm new to this game so don't think anything else of me for aksing.

Timesplitters is another series that's available on both Xbox and PS2. Its map editor is much different from Far Cry's, focusing primarily on indoor maps. You could make regular multiplayer maps, place AI bots, and you could also make single-player maps as well.

If you've never played it, I'd recommend checking it out.