PDA

View Full Version : settlers 2 ds

draak13
12-22-2010, 05:28 AM
settlers 2 ds (is the wearl old settlers 2)

plz help me i,m on lvl 4 and i got harbor build and schips build. even have some new harbors on island. but they dont wanne transport my goods for woodcutter sandmill and stonecutter. the harbors are already build on the new islands, but they wont transport new goods.

thx already.

Suptop
12-22-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't believe people still play settlers 2.
I think you are just swindling us.

franpa9
12-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Settlers 3, 4, 5 and 6 are terrible Settlers games, Settlers 2 and 7 are however <3.

Settlers 6 I hate due to atrocious voice acting and mouse control issues. You can't pan the camera by placing the mouse courser at the edge of the screen where a menu/interface element is present, also right clicking to drag the camera around not working half the time.

Settlers 3, 4 and 5 change gameplay way too much to be considered a Settlers game.

I haven't played the first one so can't comment on it.

DC.Pipp
12-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by franpa9:
Settlers 3, 4, 5 and 6 are terrible Settlers games, Settlers 2 and 7 are however <3.

Settlers 6 I hate due to atrocious voice acting and mouse control issues. You can't pan the camera by placing the mouse courser at the edge of the screen where a menu/interface element is present, also right clicking to drag the camera around not working half the time.

Settlers 3, 4 and 5 change gameplay way too much to be considered a Settlers game.

I haven't played the first one so can't comment on it.

in your opinion maybe, but your opinion doesn't reflect the majority.

ALL the settlers games I have played (apart from S5) were great, including S3.

I find your whole post highly amusing. I had no problems with mouse controls in S6, and as for right-clicking to drag the camera around not working, well in all honesty, it wouldn't, considering it is the centre wheel that drags the camera. this like the rest of the controls I had no problems with.

the ONLY thing in your whole post that I would agree with, is the voice acting, which in this particular genre of gaming is of secondary importance to actual gameplay.

the early installments of the game were excellent, considering the technical limitations of the time, and to be honest, if you was to ask most settlers fans which they would rather have, the old settlers free of restrictive DRM, or S7 laden with it's "always online" (and yes, before you start this again, it is a requirement to ALWAYS have an online connection to play even single player), they will choose the former. this is reflected in sales figures, not only for settlers 7, but for ubisoft games across the board.

franpa9
12-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Settlers 3 and 4 are great but they are just so different from Settlers 2 that I couldn't really enjoy them, same with Settlers 5. Settlers 6 and 7 are fairly similar to Settlers 2 however.

draak13
12-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Suptop:
I don't believe people still play settlers 2.
I think you are just swindling us.

swindling. wtf ther are programs that you can play settlers 2 online yes not alot of people play it. but alot of people have the game still. and so why you send this if do not encer my quisjen1

draak13
12-23-2010, 08:56 AM
ooh plz i now settlers 2 and 3 i think where the best. since ubi had buy bleubyte it was terribol. but plz answer my quisten. thx

srry for bad english.

Suptop
12-23-2010, 10:27 AM
On this site: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/198...ttlers-ii/faqs/23599 (http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/198587-the-settlers-ii/faqs/23599) you can read an english walkthrough of your settlers 2 campaign.