PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood's MP is left behind?

CrusaderV
06-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Does it feel like that Brotherhood's MP is left behind? Because they haven't update for a while now. I know they working on Revelations' MP. But what do you guys think?

Assassins Creed Revelations looks good but I'll pass.

daddychinn
06-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Yeah I seriously doubt there will be anymore update for brotherhood. A patch to fix some of the issues would be nice, but no more dlc's. But that is also a good thing, don't need them dividing the player base anymore. Just curious, why are you going to pass on ACR?

E-Zekiel
06-22-2011, 01:41 PM
because he's a multiplayer fan and not an Assassin's Creed fan.

That's ok, the series is better off without those kinds of players probably. Imo, anyway. I kind of view the series as more important on the single player side, anyway, with multiplayer just being a bonus.

CrusaderV
06-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by daddychinn:
Yeah I seriously doubt there will be anymore update for brotherhood. A patch to fix some of the issues would be nice, but no more dlc's. But that is also a good thing, don't need them dividing the player base anymore. Just curious, why are you going to pass on ACR?

Is it good that Ubisoft making ACR because the fans demand it or for some other reason? Wouldn't it be better if they were working on AC3 and just ignored ACR? I'm more interested in AC3.

rocketxsurgeon
06-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Well it kind of goes without saying that Ubisoft are putting ACR as their priority now.
Hence all the E3 releases and press releases. It's pretty clear that ACR is their main focus from now on.

Well i like the idea of ACR. All the players have connected with Ezio, its only right to continue with him to complete his chapter.

lynx_1985
06-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Ah I'm glad they have continued with Ezio I like him plus they want to come to a conclusion with him now. I don't know if you noticed, but when that robert guy (I can't remember his name, the developer who was constanly interviewed at e3) was asked is this the end of Assassins' Creed he kept replying with this is the last one of the trilogy and you get to learn more about Ezio, why and what he has to do etc. That leaves it open for other AC titles....I hope anyway because I really enjoy the single player and now multiplayer! If it makes money why stop making it? Look at the film Saw, two onwards was awful but the producers of it still made it as it made money!

Yes ACB multiplayer has its glitches, but I am happy with it as is. All their efforts are going into ACR right now and I am glad because hopefully this means they will fix the problems that were associated with the ACB muliplayer.

papartusedmcrsk
06-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Well if too many people dislike the changes to the MP in AC:R, they may stick to AC:B.

But then again, I doubt that many will dislike them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

JerfyNL
06-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Brotherhood's MP is left behind?
No.

lx_Reafer_xl
06-22-2011, 04:51 PM
As long as people are playing, I don't see how it's being left behind.

Now, if we're talking about when AC:R actually comes out...
That'll be a different story completely.

Grygier
06-22-2011, 05:23 PM
i am really looking forward to ACR MP... I guess i encourage any change since i want to experience revelations not brotherhood 4.0.

I think some people are unhappy with the changes because it forces them to alter they're play style the tricks they know won't be as effective. I think to many people are judging the game to soon and when they finally play it they will think differently... i feel very positive about it all.

I see a lot of people here lecture people complaining about roofers and runners. They are upset because runners/roofers, aggressive players directly effect that person's play style. We tell them to suck it up and adapt... well now i think it's our turn =P

KletusCreed
06-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by grygier:
i am really looking forward to ACR MP... I guess i encourage any change since i want to experience revelations not brotherhood 4.0.

I think some people are unhappy with the changes because it forces them to alter they're play style the tricks they know won't be as effective. I think to many people are judging the game to soon and when they finally play it they will think differently... i feel very positive about it all.

I see a lot of people here lecture people complaining about roofers and runners. They are upset because runners/roofers, aggressive players directly effect that person's play style. We tell them to suck it up and adapt... well now i think it's our turn =P

Wow........ its almost like you read my mind.

Ripe Claw
06-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Still the best multiplayer game out there right now in my opinion.

I've only played the single player on AC1 and watched my daughter play AC2. Thought both were pretty crappy. I bought 2 copies of Brotherhood just for the MP and pre-ordered 2 copies of AC:R already for the multiplayer only. I doubt I'll ever play AC2 or AC:B single player.

I imagine that's why my templar grade is broken and nobody Else's seems to be, because I keep saying I don't like their games.

E-Zekiel
06-22-2011, 09:39 PM
People who exclusively roof/run are generally bad players and generally do poorly against stealthier players. The thing is, ADAPTABLE players who progressively alter their style from stealth to running to roofing or whatever is possibly needed to excel in a match are the ones who will *always* do well. I feel that too many repercussions on one playstyle will kill adaptive play, which is a bad thing.

Obviously still gonna give it a try - I prefer stealth most of all and am very interested to see how it plays.

Rainin420
06-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

That's ok, the series is better off without those kinds of players probably. Imo, anyway. I kind of view the series as more important on the single player side, anyway, with multiplayer just being a bonus.

"those kinds of players" As in people who like multi-player more then single player.

Why don't you keep your prejudices to yourself, and let people say and think and play how they want. I like multi-player and i'm one of the better players who play this game, never even touched single player, but i wouldn't go and diss people who love it.

obliviondoll
06-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Rainin420:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

"those kinds of players" As in people who like multi-player more then single player.

Why don't you keep your prejudices to yourself, and let people say and think and play how they want. I like multi-player and i'm one of the better players who play this game, never even touched single player, but i wouldn't go and diss people who love it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agreed.

I'm a fan of AC from the first game, but I have to admit, since getting my PS3 back after it died, yesterday was the first time I played single-player ACB.

I pretty much only play the MP of Brotherhood now that I've seen the story through.

I love the single-player, but I don't think it's more important than the multiplayer, or better, or even necessary for some players.

Ripe Claw
06-22-2011, 10:40 PM
People generally play the single player only for a couple of weeks, maybe a few weeks. People play the multi player for who knows how long, so far 6 months. What exactly defines which is more important? If it's game hours then I guess multiplayer wins on that one. If it's enjoying a storyline then I guess single player wins out. Me personally, I put my money on the one thats keeps me playing longer, and saving me from spending money on other games. I would also never say haha you suck because you like single player. Who really cares? You'd have to be unstable to care if other people like playing a game or not.

I don't like stories. I don't like movies, video game stories, book stories, bed time stories, I just don't like stories period. They bore me and I blame it on the fact that I have read over 1000 novels (back in my younger years). I used to read 3-6 novels per day in high school instead of doing the school work, I read 30 novels of many different genre just in 1 month while I was in a deployment to Haiti (while doing patrols and raids on suspected weapons caches all day). There just doesn't seem to be anything new for me to enjoy in a story. A story is a story.

I can understand how people would enjoy a story as obviously I used to love them. I never "diss" people that haven't read enough stories to be sick of them. I frankly don't care at all what anyone likes or dislikes other than myself.

CrusaderV
06-23-2011, 10:01 AM
If Ubisoft can improve the MP for ACR, then they can improve the MP for ACB as well. Both use same game engine after all.

My point is Ubisoft should continue supporting Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Multiplayer...

Arathar
06-23-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm starting to think i'm the only one thats even remotely interested in single player, the only one that's going to do everything in singleplayer, spending hours getting everything unlocked, before I even touch multiplayer.

I had 36 hours played on single player for Brotherhood O.o

And that was just to finish every single bit of content. Its the most time I've EVER SPENT on a single game.

But no, I think multiplayer will be a much greater experience then it is now. They have learned from ACB, and have implemented new tools, tricks, etc. Yes, you will have to relearn how to play effectively. But isnt that true for ANY new game that comes out? If you want to play the exact same way forever, then you're free to stick to Brotherhood. The rest of us will be moving on.

MP in brotherhood will probably still be running after ACR comes out. Just look at Call of Duty; thousands of people are still playing Modern Warfare and World at War multiplayer even though there are two new games infront of them.

obliviondoll
06-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by TheEgo:
I had 36 hours played on single player for Brotherhood O.o
Slacker.

I did that before I slept after getting the game home.

AntiChrist7
06-23-2011, 11:29 AM
i have it on pc, i barely played it for varioous reasons:
- i am level 50 for 3 months
-i unlocked most things
- templar grade system doesnt work (all your hard earned points go right down the toilet)
- other MP-games come out