PDA

View Full Version : Can Until URU and URU CC co-exist on the same machine

Jnathus
08-14-2005, 10:59 AM
I have tried installing URU CC and then installing it again in a different directory so Until URU can install over it, but that's not possible (the installer won't do it).

I've tried installing URU CC and then installing Until URU and that works, but then I can't install another copy of URU CC so I can do both single and multiplayer of the game.

Is there a way to have both the single player and the multiplayer available on the same machine? The only solution I can figure is to get myself a copy of URU ABM and install that after URU CC and have Until URU update that.

Heimdall_G
08-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Since boxed CC is a two-disc set, the first disc of which is ABM, you must have downloaded CC...?

Mr Zebe D
08-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Two installs with different names. If you were starting from scratch you'd load URU, patch it to Until URU, rename the Cyan Worlds folder to Until URU and have the URUSetup.exe shortcut point to it eg: "D:\Ubi Soft\Until URU\UruSetup.exe"

Now you can reload URU from CC then update it to include PotS. This time your shortcut would look something like this: "D:\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst\Uru.exe"

Note the different .exe.

Jnathus
08-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Both of you confuse me, but Mr. Zebe D seems close to the answer.

I have URU CC. URU CC is a 2 disc set and there is no separation of installation routines. You install URU CC or you don't. I can't install what's on disc 1 without disc 2.. the installtion routine doesn't give me options.

I have done what Mr. Zebe D said, however, there is a step missing. When you try to install URU CC the 2nd time it attempts to uninstall it's previous setup. That doesn't seem to be a problem because I've renamed the URU folder. It works BTW. I can now log into Until URU and URU CC because I have 2 separate installations of them.

Now the only problem remaining is . . WHERE IS EVERYONE!!! Until URU's popularity must be flaggin. :-(

Reverend Vader
08-14-2005, 04:23 PM
If you would like to have both The Complete Chronicles and Until Uru installed:

The easiest (and fastest) thing to do is to install Complete Chronicles normally. Then explore your C: drive and go into the Cyanworlds folder (which is in the UbiSoft folder). Make a copy of your Uru - Ages Beyond Myst folder. (Click it once; copy it; paste it.)

Wait for awhwile. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rename the new folder Until Uru. At this point, you'll have two Uru folders in your Cyanworlds directory - the old one and the new, renamed one.

If you haven't already, download the Until Uru patch for Complete Chronicles from HERE (http://plasma.cyanworlds.com/downloads.xml) .

Once it's downloaded, double-click it and MAKE SURE that you direct the UU installation to alter the copy of CC that you just made in the folder that you just renamed.

This will leave the original game completely untouched. And it will create the Cyanworlds/Until Uru shortcuts in your start menu.

Hope that helps.

(Post again if you need more instructions.)

One other tip: Make a backup copy of the SAV folder in the Uru - Ages Beyond Myst folder. It contains all your single-player avatars and progress. If anything happens to it while you're trying to move stuff around and reinstall things, you'll have a copy and won't have to start from scratch.

Jnathus
08-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Goodness that is MUCH more simple than the previous method. However, it's done already . . . so I'll just have to remember this for future full Windows reinstallations.