PDA

View Full Version : A Big Problem..! It says error Materials/console/Background.vtf

Gengo_13
02-13-2007, 03:20 AM
I have this huge Problem.. i bougt Dark messiah in december. but my comp. has been away for awile. Thats not the problem.. The problem is that when i start the game it shows white screen and that error sign comes and Crashes the game. iv tried to install the game agian and agian.. but it dosent work.. I Need Help.. What shall i do know now?!

Gengo_13
02-13-2007, 03:20 AM
I have this huge Problem.. i bougt Dark messiah in december. but my comp. has been away for awile. Thats not the problem.. The problem is that when i start the game it shows white screen and that error sign comes and Crashes the game. iv tried to install the game agian and agian.. but it dosent work.. I Need Help.. What shall i do know now?!

ViciousGuy
02-13-2007, 10:24 AM
You might find help:
*click* (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8821027804/m/3061019625?r=3061019625#3061019625)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Purchased a copy the other day and installed it....However, when i try to play all i get is a white background image....but i do hear the background music.'
Error message - White screen and 'Error: cannot find Background.vtf' - something similar anyway.

Posted by chaoswolf7

Solution: Run the game through Steam. This error is consistent with people not using steam to run their single player game. This error was *Supposedly* fixed in 1.02, but, so was the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>