View Full Version : Absolute H6 requirements
01-12-2011, 04:53 PM
I hope what I'm about to request still makes sense since the game is just two months ahead.
1. Stronger creatures should be bigger. Weaker creatures should be smaller. What I absolutely hated about H5 is that creatures of very different classes/strength/etc have the same size. When you face a completely new army in H5 you have to manually scrutinize every creature to learn its strength.
2. All objects on the map should be immediately seen/spotted without playing with camera angles. Ideally there should be just one straight above the field view, where you can only zoom in and zoom out. In H5 some objects on a map were not visible unless you rotate the camera, which was a major PITA.
3. Make the maps really big with a lot of space to wander around freely. Again what I liked about H3 was its freedom, maps were really huge.
4. Probably I'm now too late in the game (read: development process) but the GUI which you mostly inherit from H5 looks awkward. When I play H3 I instantly understand on-screen buttons purpose. In H5 I spent too much time hovering over very similar GUI elements to understand what they are for.
5. Get rid of ******* tabs in the view Hero (properties) interface. In H3 even at 800x600 you could have everything on one screen, in H5 there are four sparsely populated tabs.
Thank you for your attention!
01-12-2011, 11:25 PM
You should move this post in WISHLIST forum...
1. bigger doesnt mean its stronger... but i liked idea (from other thread) that more troops you have in one stack more space will use in battlefield...
2. in H5 Actually if you hold ALT you can see all objects even if they are hidden from view.
3. What they need is Random map generator... and super fast AI, so you can normaly play the game if you have to wait for 6 computer on large map in H5, it will take you 5-15min just so they can complete their turns... wich is unaccaptable. In this point i dont even care for AI smartness, because it cant get more stupid than H5 AI... so only super fast AI please.
4. UI looks great and graphics are good as far we saw, just thumbs up for less cartoon graphic/objects like in H5... as for functionality goes its really still to early to judge what will they implement.
5. what tabs? you can hide everything, i think.
I did get used to H5 UI but don't really like it. diference between H3 and H5/H6 is 3D and thats why they cant make the same game... i think in H3 they draw everything with hand ... and in 3D H5 enviroment they have models...
but in H6 they said they worked extra on model graphics and i like what i saw so far...
01-13-2011, 01:40 AM
1. Really??? In H3 Angels are e.g. 130x35 pixels and pikemen are roughly 85x25 pixels in size, so you can instantly SEE that angels are stronger than pikemen.
2. I know at least two maps in H5 where Alt doesn't reveal resources.
3. It's debatable, I just want really large maps. H5's maps were all tiny in comparison to H3.
4. In H5 build/upgrade a town system is a visual mess. In town interface on the left is a visual mess. Etc.
5. I'm talking about the Hero inventory interface like this (http://beconfused.s3.amazonaws.com/media/2006/07/Heroes-V-Hero-Isabel-inventory.jpg) or this (http://www.the-genies-lamp.com/images/h5_images/expansion/HeroesV_SL_004_announcement_adventure_wulfstan.jpg )- there are five tabs to switch between and 75% of the screen is vacant!
01-13-2011, 02:36 AM
1. you cant have real scale for units... one dragon can be big as all the tilles on map...
i think they will make it right with core,elite, champion scales... and core units i presume will be only big as one tile and champion units for shure will be 4. And we will get boss units now that will use more than 2x2 space.
2. well you can be specific for H3 also since there were resources that you really have to move mouse over to even know they are there...
In H5 you could have normal/fixed camera i think? I am shure that they will do something similar in H6. but generaly i agree... to have 3d fixed camera... or at least each player should have their own preferenced camera in hotseat mode...
4. agree i didnt like H5 build/town screen, but i did get used to it.
5. agree bad design
01-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Bigger = Stronger...ahh i think you should read David and Goliath http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
01-15-2011, 12:40 AM
1. That bigger = stronger is a very bad analogy. Take for example Academy or for you H3 fans the misplaced Tower: Should the Golems, tier 3 units be smaller than the Mages, tier 4 units? H3's and H5's Monks of the Castle were not bigger than the Griffins but they were of a higher tier. Would you want to see Monks bigger in size than the Griffins? Besides, now the three Core units are equal to each other and the three Elite units equal too. There are only three tiers, and there's no need to scale the size of the unit for each of them.
2. I remember there were a lot of artifacts, resources and treasure chests lying around but completely covered by the miniature mountains and trees, except maybe for the upper right corner of their design, back in H3. They intentionally made it so as if it was a "spot the hidden treasures" mini-game, which absolutely made no sense because you could not see them although your hero was passing right next to them. Besides it's beautiful to have a free camera to turn around and see different things as you do. The world is 3 dimensional and it should be perceived that way, it's not a 2D painting and everything should not be obvious from only one angle. But relax, from what I hear, in H6, they do things your way.
3. The bigger the maps the better, sure. But now it's not so easy to make 3D maps as big as the H3 2D ones. It's not an option to make the objects of the adventure map smaller too, just to make the map seem bigger. If you want something like that to be done, or if you wish to turn back to 2D just to have bigger maps, then there's only one thing I can say to you: Go back to play H3.
4. I think the GUI was just fine, I didn't find anything awkward about it. On the contrary, having to click on building-buttons was very awkward to me. You see, this is a matter of perceptions and yours is no better than mine.
5. The tabs were there so they could save space on screen, to give you a nice image of your hero; unlike H3's unimaginative mini-portraits on the corner of the screen. So the tabs served their purpose, but even so, by themselves they were just fine to use. Even if the tabs were any confusing or annoying to use; I found in H3 the lack of hero model artwork to be extremely disappointing.
01-16-2011, 07:48 AM
1. And in H5 you could see that the angels were stronger than the peasants. I don't understand what you're looking for.
2. I always liked to hide artifacts/resources in H2 and H3 map editor. Then you couldn't see them, ever! Find the easter eggs...
3. Large maps in 3D are easily lagging. I'd generally prefer quality over size. But yeah, some good large maps are wanted.
4. The GUI can be improved.
5. Totally agree. I'm still flicking back and forth repeatedly to find my items and ALL my secondary skills in H5. (Try to get "Avenger" and "offence" on the same screen...) Items and war machines are on different sheets. And all to have us look at a hero that looks exactly like every other hero on my team. Poor design, really.
01-26-2011, 12:49 PM
After viewing the latest developer diary entry ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcT_70mXqaw&feature=player_embedded) ), it's now clear that 1, 2 and 3 requirements are fulfilled.