PDA

View Full Version : The heart

I_RA
11-22-2004, 12:15 PM
ok i want to know whats up with the heart on the soldiers helmets its like they want to do the band of brothers spade but instead they did a heart why not just put the spade on there

In fact why not just call it Band of Brothers i mean there is the heart or "spade" i mean your fighting in carentine france or how ever you spell it which we all know thats where easy fought cause im sure we have all seen the mini series in fact the name of the game is brothers in arms so close to band of brothers why not just make a band of brothers game

I_RA
11-22-2004, 12:15 PM
ok i want to know whats up with the heart on the soldiers helmets its like they want to do the band of brothers spade but instead they did a heart why not just put the spade on there

In fact why not just call it Band of Brothers i mean there is the heart or "spade" i mean your fighting in carentine france or how ever you spell it which we all know thats where easy fought cause im sure we have all seen the mini series in fact the name of the game is brothers in arms so close to band of brothers why not just make a band of brothers game

njcl
11-22-2004, 01:09 PM
BAND OF BROTHERS is prob trademarked and owned by spielbergs DREAMWORKS company..sure the heart aint a spade??

Rifleman907
11-22-2004, 02:16 PM
The marking on they're helmet's is actually there for millitary purposes,the Dimond for the 501st PIR, the Heart for the 502nd PIR, The spade for the 506th PIR, the Clubs for the 327th Glider Infantry, the 377th Parachute Field Artillery wore the circular cannonball, with a tic at 6 o'clock, and engineering units used a big E on their helmets, and so on, plus, NJCL is right, it's trade marked, and this story is based on a different company than Easy, but same division

Please correct me if I'm wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

All information on the Insignas are from http://www.101airborneww2.com/insignia3.html

jung2k
11-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Actually I figured Band of Brothers is probably trademarked by Stephen Ambrose (or his company or his family). Speilberg/Hanks probably had to use the name rights from Ambrose.

The unit that BIA shows ALSO fought in Carentan. Just because Easy company fought there doesn't mean other units fought there and shouldn't be appreciated. This game is moreso a history lesson as well as one kick butt game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

More info on helmet markings:
http://www.sproe.com/h/helmet-markings.html

rifleman007 - the "tick" marks represented battalions of HQ. The 12 o'clock tick was HQ and going clockwise, the ticks represented 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Battalions.

Each subunit of the 101st had helmet markings. Note that the 82nd Airborne DID NOT have helmet markings.

TennesseeTitans
11-22-2004, 03:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but instead they did a heart why not just put the spade on there <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because, the 502nd used the heart. It was an easy way to see which trooper was in which division. It was an organization symbol as the previous post.(link below) Its not called Band of Brothers because its a true story of a different unit. Yes, they both fought in the XYZ compound, but with very different objectives. There is more to history than to what Hollywood shows on tv. No offense, but it may be in your best interest to at least look for a fact before posting. Who knows, you may just learn something.

http://www.502pir.com/Enlistedmen3.htm

Rifleman907
11-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Ahh thanks for the good reads guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cpt.Stukan
12-05-2004, 11:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In fact why not just call it Band of Brothers i mean there is the heart or "spade" i mean your fighting in carentine france or how ever you spell it which we all know thats where easy fought cause im sure we have all seen the mini series in fact the name of the game is brothers in arms so close to band of brothers why not just make a band of brothers game <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The BoB series havent show'd us a **** of the real ww2 , the battle to take over carentan wasn't finnish'd at 15 minutes?! lol. Never belivie in those movies, rent some document movies, there is the real truth

Rifleman907
12-06-2004, 12:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cpt.Stukan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In fact why not just call it Band of Brothers i mean there is the heart or "spade" i mean your fighting in carentine france or how ever you spell it which we all know thats where easy fought cause im sure we have all seen the mini series in fact the name of the game is brothers in arms so close to band of brothers why not just make a band of brothers game <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The BoB series havent show'd us a **** of the real ww2 , the battle to take over carentan wasn't finnish'd at 15 minutes?! lol. Never belivie in those movies, rent some document movies, there is the real truth <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How are you suppose to show a full battle in one hour and still be able to explain everything?

Moosecm86
12-08-2004, 01:09 AM
Yea, if BOB took as long as it really took, the third episode would be 27 days long (right? 33-8 is 26?) anyway.

BOB is very close to what really happened. The basic storyline is obviously right, but most of the details are right. Infact, the series is pretty dang close to what happened. But you have to take into account, it is only what happened with SOME of the guys from E company of the 506th PIR, 101st airborne, NOT even with everyone in the company.

And that was the point of the series. It wasn't a documentary it was a personal narrative.

Moosecm86
12-08-2004, 01:11 AM
wow, its late, 33-8 is 25 and 33-6 is 27.

Carentan was taken on D-Day + 6 (unless my history already went to sleep) ans they were pulled off the line on D-Day plus 33 (again unless I'm already asleep).

Johnpreet
12-08-2004, 02:05 AM
Yeah carentan was a long battle back and forth.