PDA

View Full Version : Help with a coop question

BSS_SECA
03-11-2006, 04:31 PM
When your finished with a coop mission,and host online.How do you go about hosting the game,and being allowed back into the game after your killed?
Without,I hope,having to restart the game that others are already in.(which I have done before,kind of bites)
Or running a server.
Thanks
BSS_Seca

Zeus-cat
03-11-2006, 06:11 PM
In a coop, once you are shot down you are out of it until the mission is over. This applies to everyone, not just the host. That makes not getting killed important.

On a dogfight map anyone can hit refly at any time.

Tully__
03-12-2006, 12:40 AM
Which is why most coop hosts have external views enabled when not hosting competition missions, it allows ppl to stay in the mission and watch the action after being killed rather than having to sit staring at a blank bit of sky or exiting to the lobby while waiting for the next mission starts. It's also why coop hosts have to have a lot of patience, if the host is shot down early and is in the habit of stopping the server straight after being killed, he doesn't get many repeat customers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LT.INSTG8R
03-12-2006, 04:04 AM
Heh Tully your very right.I have been building quite a few Co-ops lately and patience is the key, tho I dont getting shot down for the most part because it gives me a chance to see what my AI are doing against players in situations I cant get in test running missions with AI only
I also get to see who's not got there Java working properly as I get quite a few errors in my Console from players.

Wolkenbeisser
03-24-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Tully__:
Which is why most coop hosts have external views enabled when not hosting competition missions, it allows ppl to stay in the mission and watch the action after being killed rather than having to sit staring at a blank bit of sky or exiting to the lobby while waiting for the next mission starts. It's also why coop hosts have to have a lot of patience, if the host is shot down early and is in the habit of stopping the server straight after being killed, he doesn't get many repeat customers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sometimes I think it would be nice if killed players (only them) would be able to use external views.

But sometimes you have two groups in coops, that fly against each other. If a player of - let's say the red team - is down, he could tell his team-mates the position of the blue team members by using external views.

So for me it is ok, if nobody can use externals if it's switched off.

-HH- Beebop
03-25-2006, 09:15 AM
That would be a great feature, "Externals Only After Death" in multiplayer. Also once dead, no comms ability in the same room(s) as flyers. (A bit more complex I know, but shoot for the moon I say.)

Has anyone suggested this to Oleg for BoB/Storm of War?