PDA

View Full Version : New Official XBox Magazine DA Multiplayer Info: (Nov. 06 issue)

Hypersonic916
09-20-2006, 06:56 PM
I just got the latest OXM (Nov. 06) and here's some new info i found on the multiplayer.

1. 8 maps in the final version.
2. 2 downloadable maps coming in the future
3. The ability to hold tournaments will also be a downloadable feature.

4. "Unlike Chaos Theory, there's no true co-op mode, but 30 tutorial like challenges will help two players get up to speed on multiplayer gameplay."

5. Multiplayer Maps Confirmed:

-Boss House (Mansion)
-Red Diamond ("New Orleans-like streets complete with a disco)
-USS Wisdom (A huge ship)

6. The feature that in ranked mode, if you reached a high skill level, you were an instructor and could teach noobs the rules of the game and how to be awesome at it was canned.

6 possible multiplayer maps that WE know about so far:

MM (made up name for the meantime.) OM (Official name of the map.)

1. Opera House (MM)
2. Boss House (OM)
3. Red Diamond (OM)
4. USS Wisdom (OM)
5. Warehouse (MM) (not from PT or CT)
6. Prison (MM)

Hope you enjoy the new info.

Discuss....

olendvcook
09-20-2006, 07:00 PM
ty, but did it have pics? can u or some1 else that gets the magazine scan in the pics?

RowdySpy1990
09-20-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm really interested in the USS Wisdom map. I wonder if in multiplayer, you'll be able to swim in water http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Jason-Alaska
09-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Great info thanks for the heads up!

neo8185
09-20-2006, 07:18 PM
1. Good... not bad...
2. (2) two years more for that...
3. alright... useful for real tournaments that will come along in the future to win some prizes.
4. ? I guess good when just feeling to go against a computer
5. cant wait to try out the maps
6. disappointing, would have been cool; at least we still have the new costumes.

Derra
09-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Prison map for MP too?

And also, wasn't there supposed to be a new steel squat map?

RowdySpy1990
09-20-2006, 07:21 PM
I doubt there'll be a new steel squat map just becuase it's not nearly big enough compared to the new ones that are huge!

joewanaman
09-20-2006, 07:22 PM
all right. im looking foword to oprea house because diffrent floors and pullen mercs from balconey.

Shadowcancer55
09-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Wow over 30 things to do in challenge mode, skins here I come!

InfectedAss
09-20-2006, 07:53 PM
sounds great thanks for the heads up. At first they said there would be 9 new multiplayer maps. Oh well. the USS Wisdom map sounds very interesting. I do hope they use matchmakeing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Ferretwave333
09-20-2006, 08:33 PM
sounds great. But if you don't mind could you post single player info too, or better yet scan the article?

speakobsession
09-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Ferretwave333:
sounds great. But if you don't mind could you post single player info too, or better yet scan the article?

Pretty sure we can't post scans...but i'd love to see them. Haha.

spychaos
09-21-2006, 12:36 PM
When ill get mine ill try to scan it
(which ill hve to cut it out because of my printer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif }

dann2004
09-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Hypersonic916:
I just got the latest OXM (Nov. 06) and here's some new info i found on the multiplayer.

4. "Unlike Chaos Theory, there's no true co-op mode, but 30 tutorial like challenges will help two players get up to speed on multiplayer gameplay."

-Boss House (Mansion)

6. The feature that in ranked mode, if you reached a high skill level, you were an instructor and could teach noobs the rules of the game and how to be awesome at it was canned.

1. Opera House (MM)
2. Boss House (OM)
3. Red Diamond (OM)
4. USS Wisdom (OM)
6. Prison (MM)

Discuss.... 8 maps in final version,is this the single player coz 8 is not realy gonna be a lot is it.then again look at scpt single player,what was it 7/8 levels?

SCDuRiN
09-22-2006, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by dann2004:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hypersonic916:

-Boss House (Mansion)

1. Opera House (MM)
2. Boss House (OM)
3. Red Diamond (OM)
4. USS Wisdom (OM)
6. Prison (MM)

Discuss.... 8 maps in final version,is this the single player coz 8 is not realy gonna be a lot is it.then again look at scpt single player,what was it 7/8 levels? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It are 8 multiplayer maps not 8 single player levels.

Thanks for the info, map names sound interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.