PDA

View Full Version : Airfield Quotes Topic

stavros_27
04-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Did anyone else find all the references to the Airfield to be both stupid and hilarious?

I'd like to compile all the quotes mentioning the Airfield from the game, for a good laugh. The guards are very serious about the Airfield, as they reference it a lot during that mission, and even on later levels. Even Tom Reed brings up the events of the Airfield! lol

If you remember any quotes, post them here. I'll try and get some tonight when I play again.

imrlybord7
04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
The enemies in this game are just ****ing weird. They talk so much **** in incredibly strange ways, and they make strangely serious insults, which is made weirder by the fact that serious enemies would not be talking trash at all in the first place. Just stupid-*** dialogue, really.

Powerslave01
04-15-2010, 08:28 PM
We don't care. Stop TROLLING. That is not this thread's purpose.

J Saint777
04-15-2010, 08:29 PM
I think the dialog is great. It's always context sensitive, meaning they reference the environment, as well as past locations. "I was at the airfield, Fisher! Payback time!"

They also try to intimidate you and make you feel pathetic. If I were in a firefight with several mercs, that's how I would expect it to sound.

I also like how the enemies are much more professional as you progress. For example, when you hear the familiar ping of SC night vision goggles you know you're in for a tough fight.

sumoaltus
04-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by JSaint777:
I think the dialog is great. It's always context sensitive, meaning they reference the environment, as well as past locations. "I was at the airfield, Fisher! Payback time!"

They also try to intimidate you and make you feel pathetic. If I were in a firefight with several mercs, that's how I would expect it to sound.

I also like how the enemies are much more professional as you progress. For example, when you hear the familiar ping of SC night vision goggles you know you're in for a tough fight.

That always gave me the chills. That whole White House level seemed epic to me.

imrlybord7
04-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Who's trolling?

MarchingOn
04-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by sumoaltus:

That always gave me the chills.

Me too

goclo822
04-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by sumoaltus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSaint777:

That always gave me the chills. That whole White House level seemed epic to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same! Made me smile whenever I heard that noise cause I knew stuff was about to get crazy. Definitely made the level feel more epic! Loved it!

SgtKevali
04-15-2010, 10:47 PM
I loved how hung up they were because they got they're asses kicked by one guy on the airfield.