PDA

View Full Version : GRAW 2, MP Review on IGN

zoompooky
02-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Here's a review of the multiplayer:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/760/760962p2.html

Here are tidbits from that article that are about things I've seen written here on the boards:

Spawn Camping / Random Spawns

Speaking of respawning, we hate spawn campers. You know the type. They hang out where they know opposing players will appear after dying and then shoot them before they know what is happening. Ubisoft doesn't like these players either and have added a dynamic spawn system for GRAW 2 that calculates the best place to start a player based on cover, enemy location, and recent deaths. In the matches we played, we didn't notice any instances where we popped up right next to an enemy. So far, so good.

So, it does sound like they're trying to implement something like the Random Spawns idea that was posted here.

Cover System (or lack thereof, apparently)

In GRAW 2, you only have the option of leaning out from behind objects and the online engine still doesn't support the cover system of the campaign mode which allows you to press up against flat objects. With most of the online maps being open, outdoor terrain, this isn't always a big issue as there isn't much to hide behind anyways. Still, only being able to lie prone, duck, or lean out while standing upright makes for limited defense options and more than a little bit of frustration.

That's right - the idea that "They did the cover system right this time" doesn't count - because it's not in the MP game at all. If you ask me, chalk this one up under "Ubi misses boat".

Beatflux
02-04-2007, 09:25 PM
If you look at the multiplayer, there is a lot of cover that is too irregularly shaped to properly take cover like in Rainbow Six Vegas. Imagine trying to take cover on a rock with part of your head visible to the enemy.

The lean is much more appropriate in this game as it can be much more adaptable to any sort of cover than a more rigid cover system.

zoompooky
02-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Why implement it in the single player game and not he multiplayer game? Certainly the environments will be similar?

Or will this be messed up again like GRAW 1 where even the controls were different from MP to SP?

AntiPersonnel
02-04-2007, 10:40 PM
i am against a cover system for GR games, especially when all the maps are sparse open terrain.

i am starting to really dislike the cover system for vegas because of all the glitches and perspective issues.

i am really glad to hear about the "Random" spawning for this game.

III SWEEPER III
02-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Well seems to me that GRAW2 multiplayer could have been put in XBOX MP for DLC map pack for GRAW, the only difference is the respawns and some new game modes and some fixes and they could have put all that in on XBOX LIVE MP so 2000msp or $60 ( Iwill still buy it)

Beatflux
02-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by ISWEEPERI:
Well seems to me that GRAW2 multiplayer could have been put in XBOX MP for DLC map pack for GRAW, the only difference is the respawns and some new game modes and some fixes and they could have put all that in on XBOX LIVE MP so 2000msp or $60 ( Iwill still buy it)

I'm not paying full price for merely an expansion. I pass.

wurzil
02-05-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Beatflux:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ISWEEPERI:

I'm not paying full price for merely an expansion. I pass. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here.
Others may like the game, but I tend to look at the dev time taken, new features added, bugs fixed etc.
This seems like fix a few bugs add some new maps and voila.
DLC is about all it adds up to imo. I will not be buying it, wasn't impressed with demo at all.

III SWEEPER III
02-05-2007, 10:32 AM
(((New GRAW2 OR OLD GRAW MULTIPLAYER))) Gametrailors.com has some multiplayer gameplay trailors for GRAW2 and in your opinion is it new multiplayer or just the same old GRAW multiplayer That we could have got at XBOX LIVE MP DLC.

MrDooberry
02-05-2007, 10:40 AM
I played this Demo and realized I gave it more time than it deserved. I'm not giving this company one more shiny dime.

maxx_death_4u
02-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Come on guys, they named it GRAW 2. So it can't be the GRAW 1.5 you guys are explaining it to be! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

The developers for Ubi ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT rehash some gameplay, fix the mistakes they made the first time (and make new ones by "fixing" things that weren't broke to begin with), package it with new maps and gametypes, and call it a new game. THEY JUST WOULDN'T!!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif*cough*black arrow*cough*island thunder*cough* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Aj6627
02-05-2007, 04:21 PM
IT was a simple stand alone expansion pack. It was a direct port from PC that later included DLC including the maps and missions from DS for PC.

kgetz3
02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Good players rarely use the cover system in Vegas and it would be the same in Graw 2.

You'll be able to 3rd person around **** anyways....isnt that basically the same damn thing!?!?!?!?!?