PDA

View Full Version : Grenade/Fat boy suggestion

boomer_304
11-07-2004, 12:43 PM
The grenades need some work.

Especially their killing power. Battlefield 1942 has grenades with a much more realistic killing radius. I served in the US Army infantry and it's disappointing to see a grenade go off next to the bad guys and they just look around. It "ain't" realistic.

As for the Fat Boys, not even a mutant should survive a direct 'nade blast or a sniper shot to the head. Their reach and unlimited rockets are a distraction as well, to an otherwise very nice game.

boomer_304
11-07-2004, 12:43 PM
The grenades need some work.

Especially their killing power. Battlefield 1942 has grenades with a much more realistic killing radius. I served in the US Army infantry and it's disappointing to see a grenade go off next to the bad guys and they just look around. It "ain't" realistic.

As for the Fat Boys, not even a mutant should survive a direct 'nade blast or a sniper shot to the head. Their reach and unlimited rockets are a distraction as well, to an otherwise very nice game.

rek075
11-08-2004, 12:39 PM
These things can be easily modified. I've increased both the radius and damage power of my grenades, as well as increasing the damage taken to head and heart shots. I'm sure with a little poking around you could find out how to do this.