PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER* Desmond's story will start...

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Darby McDevitt confirmed Desmond's backstory will go from when he was 15, up until he was captured by Abstergo. What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I think this will give him much more character-depth.

Moultonborough
10-16-2011, 09:35 AM
I would change the title and add a spoiler tag.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Can you stop making so many topics and just choose one that already talks about this?

xx-pyro
10-16-2011, 09:41 AM
It's hardly a spoiler to the post a few above mine (forgot to quote and too lazy to exit!)

And I agree with Jex, this is being and has been discussed on other topics.

rileypoole1234
10-16-2011, 09:47 AM
This is true. It also gives a few hint as to what the Desmond missions will be in the Achievement/Trophy list.

ShaneO7K
10-16-2011, 10:14 AM
It was definetly expected since the trailer from a few months ago. And I knew they would not have shown after he was captured becasue we've already that point.

Definetly can't wait to see the assassins that are around The Farm.

crash3
10-16-2011, 10:57 AM
anyone thought about this? desmond so far has summarized so far what has happened at the beginning of each sequel, now he is in a coma, is ACR gonna go straight to the black room?

dewgel
10-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
anyone thought about this? desmond so far has summarized so far what has happened at the beginning of each sequel, now he is in a coma, is ACR gonna go straight to the black room?

He didn't summarize anything at the start of AC2, just Brotherhood.

xx-pyro
10-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

He didn't summarize anything at the start of AC2, just Brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes he did. It begins with saying how he was captured, how he is a part of a war he "never believed existed." Includes the clip of Lucy folding her finger down, etc.

He summarizes his week in Abstergo's prison basically.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Nope, he summarized stuff at the beginning of AC2 also.

Moultonborough
10-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

He didn't summarize anything at the start of AC2, just Brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, he did. He talks about Vidic taking Lucy away, and afraid if he does not fight back and a bunch of other stuff.

EDIT: Beat by both Pyro and Jexx. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

dewgel
10-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Ah yes, sorry. My bad.

It was nothing like Brotherhoods, I liked that one. It was really in depth and cleared up more of the Altair / Ezio story than the AC2 one (although that didn't have much to go back on)

Lass4r
10-16-2011, 03:27 PM
I love those recaps at the beginning of AC2 and ACB, they're so well done and when he ends with "I'm Desmond Miles, and this is my story." you're like "HECK YEA! AC, here I come again!" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Blind2Society
10-16-2011, 03:41 PM
I felt the exact opposite, I didn't like them at all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 03:47 PM
why not?

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I felt the exact opposite, I didn't like them at all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I'm not a big fan either just because it's like Ubisoft couldn't think of a better way to explain the story so far except to have Desmond sit there and recap everything. Who is he talking to? Who is he explaining it to? I can't think of a much better way to do it but it feels lazy to me.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't think they're particularly great, but I really can't think of another way to do it. A game as complicated as this really needs it. People are STILL confused after getting that if they haven't played from the beginning, can you imagine how confused they'd be if it just went straight to the action?

LightRey
10-16-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't mind them. They're quite useful to people that don't start with AC1 and they give a little insight into Desmond's attitude to the situation he's in.

masterfenix2009
10-16-2011, 04:39 PM
It also confirms that he <span class="ev_code_BLACK">IS</span>the main character. Even though some deny it.

RzaRecta357
10-16-2011, 05:16 PM
I think given his state this time they'll just have some sort of flashes but then cut to Ezio doing the opening talk just to keep it fresh as Desmond doing it on brotherhood seemed a little cheesy sounding.

His speech in AC2 was much better.

Silvermoth
10-17-2011, 02:46 AM
Sounds interesting! I'm dying to find out more about Desmond's origin