PDA

View Full Version : TMO and Mark 14s

T4nk71
05-14-2009, 02:03 AM
I recently installed TMO, and I have been using the Draft of the ship in the Identification book minus 3 feet to set my torp depth instead of using the 10 or 12 feet setting per the SH4 manual for large or small merchants. I've also set it for magnetic/impact detenation.

When using these settings I tend to see my torpedoes run straight on target, and when I am thinking 'BOOM', watch them pass under. So I am seeing very few duds with mark14, but I believe that will change with more hits. Its tough deciding on being disappointed on under runs or duds.

Now are the draft numbers in the ID book wrong? Should I swap back to 12 feet for Merchants? Water not near enough to calm levels causing the ship to rise?

T4nk71
05-14-2009, 02:03 AM
I recently installed TMO, and I have been using the Draft of the ship in the Identification book minus 3 feet to set my torp depth instead of using the 10 or 12 feet setting per the SH4 manual for large or small merchants. I've also set it for magnetic/impact detenation.

When using these settings I tend to see my torpedoes run straight on target, and when I am thinking 'BOOM', watch them pass under. So I am seeing very few duds with mark14, but I believe that will change with more hits. Its tough deciding on being disappointed on under runs or duds.

Now are the draft numbers in the ID book wrong? Should I swap back to 12 feet for Merchants? Water not near enough to calm levels causing the ship to rise?

Masterhawk405
05-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Which version of TMO are you running?

T4nk71
05-14-2009, 03:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Which version of TMO are you running? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TMO 1.7

RockinRobbins
05-14-2009, 04:18 AM
Your garden variety early war Mark 14 is going to run at least 10 feet deeper than you set it. Successful real war captains just set those puppies on the surface and then finally got some hits.

MWolfe1963
05-14-2009, 05:52 AM
What is the dud rate of the M10's. I know it's much less. I take a few M14's, but mostly M10's early war because they work. They may lack a little power, but at least when you spend all that time tracking they work. I seldom even notice that they dud.