PDA

View Full Version : Solved the "Giant Flak Boom" problem (I think)

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 03:54 AM
WooHoo - "attenuation" saved my eardrums!

I played around with the "attenuation" setting in the conf.ini file - set it to "2" and flew an Experten campaign mission and several Crimea map QMBs. The sound is still screwed up in some ways (volume drop-offs etc) and I still hear some stuff like far-away flak guns firing that I should not be able to hear, but at least now it's more like "that muffled explosion noise is mildly annoying since I shouldn't be able to hear it", instead of "OMFG WHO THREW THAT GRENADE IN MY COCKPIT" like it was before.

I haven't had a chance to test it exhaustively in other missions so I can't be sure it's a complete fix, but at least now I can stand to fly/test the patch while we wait for the real patch/fix.

If you're having big problems with the hugely loud explosion noises from the patch, you might want to give this a try.

Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas.

... "Stuka-Lied"

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 03:54 AM
WooHoo - "attenuation" saved my eardrums!

I played around with the "attenuation" setting in the conf.ini file - set it to "2" and flew an Experten campaign mission and several Crimea map QMBs. The sound is still screwed up in some ways (volume drop-offs etc) and I still hear some stuff like far-away flak guns firing that I should not be able to hear, but at least now it's more like "that muffled explosion noise is mildly annoying since I shouldn't be able to hear it", instead of "OMFG WHO THREW THAT GRENADE IN MY COCKPIT" like it was before.

I haven't had a chance to test it exhaustively in other missions so I can't be sure it's a complete fix, but at least now I can stand to fly/test the patch while we wait for the real patch/fix.

If you're having big problems with the hugely loud explosion noises from the patch, you might want to give this a try.

Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas.

... "Stuka-Lied"