PDA

View Full Version : demo install crashes

whybuybeta
09-28-2007, 04:56 PM
the demo setup crashes when I try to install the game. like "setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" with some sort of kernel error. my system specs are more than enough to handle this game. any bugs for certain systems or something? my setup is very common, core2 e6600, nvidia 8800gts, 2gb ram.

whybuybeta
09-29-2007, 11:20 PM
bump. anyone? I refuse to buy a copy of a game that I can't demo, especially from ubisoft. I remember seeing some sort of dual core bug mentioned somewhere about the beta or demo, I can't find it now but maybe that never got fixed? can someone with an intel core2 confirm that this works?

ZeroCommand
10-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Heck this is happening to my REAL copy of it :I I need a fix or something. Keeps saying can't do something with the kernel file.

pakkasherra10
10-09-2007, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by whybuybeta:
bump. anyone? I refuse to buy a copy of a game that I can't demo, especially from ubisoft. I remember seeing some sort of dual core bug mentioned somewhere about the beta or demo, I can't find it now but maybe that never got fixed? can someone with an intel core2 confirm that this works?

( The released version of Settlers 6 is still a beta version thanks to its bugs, crashes etc... )