PDA

View Full Version : driving me mad

isitjustme
12-27-2007, 10:09 AM
I've played so many games in the past that I just enjoyed. this one id driving me mad. I'm on memory block 2.
So far I've wandered around a lot climbing things. The map says it's updated so I set a waypoint only to come up against a blue wall saying I can't get there yet. Nothing seems to happen and there's no direction, no help just a big open space full of nothing to do but walk around aimlessly. Long paths that trun into dead ends, a map that's the worst I've seen. Leaving the game to you is one thing but is ridiculous.
Then there's the viseo scenes that make me want to punch the screen - no bypass. If I wanted to watch a film I'd rent one.

Can someone give me aclue as to when anything starts to heppen or how to get something to happen before I take the disc out and ritually burn it? I shouldhave guessed when I saw it was reduced to 29.99.

the_assassin_07
12-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Dude man if you suck so bad you can't actually get past memory block two then seirously just don't play the game. The map is easy to understand. But for ******s... well that's a different story. And if you can't get there go around since you've probably gone the wrong way or go to to a previous view point if you didn't go there.

ScytheOfGrim
12-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Interesting things happen once you stat using that ol' noggin'.
And/or you get off these forums. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Let's read through that post, shall we?

So far I've wandered around a lot climbing things. The map says it's updated so I set a waypoint only to come up against a blue wall saying I can't get there yet.
And that's because you're a n00b assassin.
You only just started the game, those places will be unlocked in the evidently not so near future.

Nothing seems to happen and there's no direction, no help just a big open space full of nothing to do but walk around aimlessly. Long paths that trun into dead ends, a map that's the worst I've seen. Leaving the game to you is one thing but is ridiculous.

Okay... now, this is what you need to do.
Climb the nearest building. Now spin the camera so fast that you get motion sickness.
Through your spasms of regurgitation, look for something reall high with a tweety-birdie flyig around it.

And now climb it.
And then you'll see the map, and hopefully repent.

Then there's the viseo scenes that make me want to punch the screen - no bypass. If I wanted to watch a film I'd rent one.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
You're playing a game. A sort of media.
And a game without a story is a shell.
No depth.

It's like a book without a story... see the contradiction?

And just for the record, I love you too.

moqqy
12-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by isitjustme:
I've played so many games in the past that I just enjoyed. this one id driving me mad. I'm on memory block 2.
So far I've wandered around a lot climbing things. The map says it's updated so I set a waypoint only to come up against a blue wall saying I can't get there yet. Nothing seems to happen and there's no direction, no help just a big open space full of nothing to do but walk around aimlessly. Long paths that trun into dead ends, a map that's the worst I've seen. Leaving the game to you is one thing but is ridiculous.

Can someone give me aclue as to when anything starts to heppen or how to get something to happen before I take the disc out and ritually burn it? I shouldhave guessed when I saw it was reduced to 29.99.

I think the best thing you can do is to take the disc out and ritually burn it. Seems like the best suited game for you is Pong.

the_assassin_07
12-27-2007, 11:17 AM
And Scythe saves the day! (needlessy because his "partner in... things worse than crime" has already covered it).

But he does do it better...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

*edit*

I think the best thing you can do is to take the disc out and ritually burn it. Seems like the best suited game for you is Pong.

Nah he wouldn't know where to go.

isitjustme
12-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by the_assassin_07:
Dude man if you suck so bad you can't actually get past memory block two then seirously just don't play the game. The map is easy to understand. But for ******s... well that's a different story. And if you can't get there go around since you've probably gone the wrong way or go to to a previous view point if you didn't go there.

If you want to go down the bad-mouthing route feel free to pop over here (http://www.grumpy****.com/home.php) and I'll be more than happy to discuss your reply where I can swear, just a bit.

isitjustme
12-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Thank you for your input Scythe of Quim, sorry, Grim. I'll be tempted to go back and have another go now. Ta.

the_assassin_07
12-31-2007, 01:43 PM
If you want to go down the bad-mouthing route feel free to pop over here and I'll be more than happy to discuss your reply where I can swear, just a bit.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I said ******. Wow sue me. Do you know what a swear word is and if you consider that as a swear word I only said it once. Seriously man get a life and stop moaning. No wonder you know about that website.

Thank you for your input Scythe of Quim, sorry, Grim.
Ooh Mr N00blet is so clever! He can pretend to say something then say it's not in an attempt to gain laughs.

Great.
The noobs are evolving.