PDA

View Full Version : PC release for ACB

chaosguy11
12-12-2010, 11:50 PM
So i was just wondering, ive heard rumors that just like before theyre making the pc version of ACB (if there ends up being one) going to have the DRM again. Is this true? Also, has there been any confirmed date for the pc release of ACB? Ive been heard the first quarter of 2011 but i just want confirmation

Razrback16
12-13-2010, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by chaosguy11:
So i was just wondering, ive heard rumors that just like before theyre making the pc version of ACB (if there ends up being one) going to have the DRM again. Is this true? Also, has there been any confirmed date for the pc release of ACB? Ive been heard the first quarter of 2011 but i just want confirmation

No "confirmed" release date from Ubisoft -- Amazon.com lists the release as February 22, 2011, but Ubisoft will only say 1st Quarter, 2011. Chances are Amazon is right, though.

DRM is all but guaranteed -- Ubisoft wants to make sure the pirates can play a DRM free game, while the legit customers are treated like criminals.

justinpunny
12-13-2010, 06:49 AM

This question was asked quite a few times, but yes, I think the PC dates are NOT fully confirmed.

Btw, Mr_Shade (The UK Forum Manager) has also replied to this query, in one similar previous thread: http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Currently it's officially listed as being released in Q1 2011.

There is no other date other than that - however some sites seem to be listing the title as due to be released on that date.

I personally would watch the official AC website for the correct date, and treat those dates with a pinch of salt.

AubreyWilborn
12-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Somewhere on the online website/store for Ubisoft, the release date is listed as "Spring 2011". Now, March is in Spring, while Febuary is not. Personally, Im hoping for Febuary like any other PC gamer. But it might be March.

Mr_Shade
12-13-2010, 10:36 AM
All PC titles will carry the Online Services Platform [DRM].

So ACB on PC will require a permanent internet connection.

As posted - the game is scheduled for a Q1 2011 release.