PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone put up with this?

Activast219
06-22-2006, 02:40 AM
Honestly i havent really played this game at all since i got it when it first launched and i hopped online the other day and immediately i remember why; why i havent picked this game up in such a long long time. I just dont see how anyone can put up with this game. Seriously there isnt even a point in playing it i swear to christ. Just getting into a game is a hassle...ridiculous. Go to play a ranked match and nothing but stacked teams with the host switching everything in their favor. You woulda thought that ubi could be smart enough to put random teams/matches into ranked mode, with no host to mess everything up. The only argument i see people say is play with people you know/friends. For one i dont wanna spend my time trying to find people that play fairly, id wanna spend it playing, second its kinda hard to find fair friends when everyone playing this game is a stacker *******. Is there a patch thats coming out to correct this very serious and stupid mistake with online multiplayer? I mean if ubi sticks to what they normally do i see a very dim future for rainbow series seeing how they will probobly use the same exact system. Honestly, if there arent any plans on fixing online then ubi sure did put together one sorry excuse for a stack fest shooter game.

R2xx
06-22-2006, 05:50 AM
hey activast219,

come checkout the Dark Legion: http://www.the-dark-legion.org

we plan clean, we play for fun and are always winning.

we've got an alpha and bravo squad now and we're looking to add 2 more squads.

let me know if you have any question on how to join.

see you on the battlefield

take care.

eclipsed4utoo
06-22-2006, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Activast219:
Honestly i havent really played this game at all since i got it when it first launched and i hopped online the other day and immediately i remember why; why i havent picked this game up in such a long long time. I just dont see how anyone can put up with this game. Seriously there isnt even a point in playing it i swear to christ. Just getting into a game is a hassle...ridiculous. Go to play a ranked match and nothing but stacked teams with the host switching everything in their favor. You woulda thought that ubi could be smart enough to put random teams/matches into ranked mode, with no host to mess everything up. The only argument i see people say is play with people you know/friends. For one i dont wanna spend my time trying to find people that play fairly, id wanna spend it playing, second its kinda hard to find fair friends when everyone playing this game is a stacker *******. Is there a patch thats coming out to correct this very serious and stupid mistake with online multiplayer? I mean if ubi sticks to what they normally do i see a very dim future for rainbow series seeing how they will probobly use the same exact system. Honestly, if there arent any plans on fixing online then ubi sure did put together one sorry excuse for a stack fest shooter game.

i've said this many many times....play in the player matches. rank means nothing. its just a number that makes you feel better about yourself when you lay your head down at night.

play in the player matches and I will guarantee that you will have more fun. no stacked teams, very little spawn killing, hosts are usually open to suggestion on the game type and map, players are more friendly, more players have mics for better communication. its just more fun overall to play in player matches.

Safrole
06-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Eclipsed is right, but I feel your pain on the game design.

Yeah there's great advice on how to avoid problems that should have NEVER BEEN IN THE GAME in the first place.

It's kind of funny that people who study philosophy in college usually end up teaching philosophy in college. There seems to be little use for it in the marketplace. RS/Ubi could probably pick a couple up cheap to help them think through some "human issues" and really clean the game up. They say women in particular are under-represented in the tech field, yet they surpass men in considering user-interface issues. I wonder how much female input went into this game. (??) Not much. Intuition was sadly lacking on a variety of levels. Great graphics and animation from the men though; I love the game overall.

Activast219
06-22-2006, 02:04 PM
i just think its funny i was real excited when this game came out, i remember watching a dev diary with some little red haired british guy talking all this smack about how this game is gonna take over the world and this is as next gen as you can get. Ubi had me all excited. and then a terrible letdown with the online lobby system. Sorry ubi that lobby was last gen. I got so mad when i saw GRAW lobby system, i wanted to beat that little redhed dev's ***. i agree with you guys on player matches they're real fun when you find some cool people, i come from playing a lot of halo 2 and rainbow six 3 online so every once in a while im compelled to play some competitive matches. Its sad tho when competition is ruined by unfair advantages due to a system, that only god knows why ubi used. I mean its cool and all to play player matches games, but if you wanna play a ranked match once in a while it should at least be guaranteed to be a fair match every time.