PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest part of versus mode

Ne01LP
04-15-2005, 06:59 PM
I don't know about you, but I hate the shotgun in Versus mode. it's waaaaaay too effective. its so uinfair playing as a spy because if you get knocked down and a merc gets knocked down, youll both get up and the merc can take one shot and kill you, without giving you a chance to get away at all. anyone else feel this way?

Ne01LP
04-15-2005, 06:59 PM
I don't know about you, but I hate the shotgun in Versus mode. it's waaaaaay too effective. its so uinfair playing as a spy because if you get knocked down and a merc gets knocked down, youll both get up and the merc can take one shot and kill you, without giving you a chance to get away at all. anyone else feel this way?

FN57
04-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Nope. becuase as the spy, you should not even becomne seen by the mercenary.

Also, the shotgun 'overpowered'? Welcome to the real world. shotguns are powerful in close combat, and I bet they tired their hardest to nerf it with its cooldown 'pump action' animation between each shot. I love the shotgun and i don't mind if people use it against me, in my mind, that mercenary shouldn't even have the chance to shoot at me.

SPROGGY
04-15-2005, 07:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FN57:

Also, the shotgun 'overpowered'? Welcome to the real world. shotguns are powerful in close combat, and I bet they tired their hardest to nerf it with its cooldown 'pump action' animation between each shot. I love the shotgun and i don't mind if people use it against me, in my mind, that mercenary shouldn't even have the chance to shoot at me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, if a merc has the opportunity to shoot you then you deserve it! But if you are seen, the best advice is to keep as much distance between the merc and yourself as possible. The shotgun sucks from anything but close range.

SpiderFreak
04-15-2005, 11:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FN57:

Also, the shotgun 'overpowered'? Welcome to the real world. shotguns are powerful in close combat, and I bet they tired their hardest to nerf it with its cooldown 'pump action' animation between each shot. I love the shotgun and i don't mind if people use it against me, in my mind, that mercenary shouldn't even have the chance to shoot at me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if you're playing DM, then it is overpowered. And still, I think the damage should be lowered just a little bit. Just a little. It's just too powerful. Or if not lower the damage, lower the range.

SF

Radeon_2005
04-15-2005, 11:32 PM
The objective is stealth not get killed by the enenmy and charge him and complain about how the shotgun is overpowered...

Monkey_Puncher
04-16-2005, 07:12 AM
The idea of the game might be stealth but are you seriously trying to tell me you can complete levels like Bank, Aquarius and other really close combat levels without getting seen?

Having said that though BI don't really have a problem with the shotgun, only thing that does annoy me is when I get shot long range with the thing and it kills me in one shot. That's some stupid shiz!

Blaster23423
04-16-2005, 08:50 AM
To tell the truth ,i'm happy that the mercs are really powerful this time- it's really encouraging stealth and it's good lesson to agro spies..
this game is based on stealth ok? so if you are confronted with a merc, it's your problem.

TheLeprichaun
04-16-2005, 11:00 AM
also, if you are evasive enough and can dodge the first shot you have a much higher chance of grabing the merc.

HardToExist
04-16-2005, 01:36 PM
The long range of the shotgun is ****. I've been shot by a shotgun about 20 feet away and died in one shot. It's happened more than once. They should tone down the shotguns range, not it's damage.

shadownjd
04-16-2005, 11:05 PM
*******. The shotgun's accuracy at range is sporadic, not horrible. You're not safe. Just safe-er.

A pistol and an assault rifle are lethal weapons, and yeah a pistol had crappier range, but even a lucky shot can spell the difference between victory and defeat.

Live with it. It's not everytime it kills at range. It's sporadic. You're not bulletproof.
You should not have even been seen by a merc.

You're a SPY not delta

HardToExist
04-17-2005, 12:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shadownjd:
*******. The shotgun's accuracy at range is sporadic, not horrible. You're not safe. Just safe-er.

A pistol and an assault rifle are lethal weapons, and yeah a pistol had crappier range, but even a lucky shot can spell the difference between victory and defeat.

Live with it. It's not everytime it kills at range. It's sporadic. You're not bulletproof.
You should not have even been seen by a merc.

You're a SPY not delta <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Captain Obvious... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif...just because it's sporadic doesn't mean they can't tone it down some because even I think it's a bit cheap when you get killed in one shot when youre not even in double-charging distance from a merc with a shotgun.