PDA

View Full Version : [POLL] Do we want the skies back?

SandroTheMaster
05-15-2006, 11:52 PM

Soul.seeker
05-16-2006, 01:22 PM
There will be a sky in the full game..

SandroTheMaster
05-16-2006, 09:40 PM
How can you say that for sure? There was no official announcement saying that (not that I know of)

frantsen
05-17-2006, 05:55 AM
hello. i fully agree with it. we need the skies. they absolutely look awesome ingame on the screenshots. and i was very disappointed, becuase it was not in the demo version. that is as disappointing as it was in the game "settlers 5": always the nice sky-boxes on screenshots and in the end you are ****ed with a black "sky". this MUST NOT be! And the tilt-angle is ridiculous. it's only about 15 degrees..

for me perosnally... *this skybox*-thingy is a reason to buy or NOT to buy the game. if the developers won't include it in their full release i will better quit playing this game series.this is just not the way to deal with the community - making delicious screenshots - and afterwards releasing a chopped version.

Jorgosch
05-17-2006, 07:55 AM
This is a strategy game... why the hell would I care about the sky?

znork
05-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Jorgosch:
This is a strategy game... why the hell would I care about the sky? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

frantsen
05-17-2006, 10:26 AM
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> This is a strategy game... why the hell would I care about the sky?
& "I approve of this post" </pre>

why the hell do i need 3D in a strategy game?
why the hell do i need 360? camera angle in a strtagey game?
why the hell do i care about eyecandy-extras in a strategy game?
why the hell do i need to promote screenshots with skyboxes in a strategy game?
why do i need myself getting a cut version of a game?

ShadowProject
05-19-2006, 04:34 AM
A beautifullsky whould definetly be nice. Especially if they also added more freedom to the camera...

frantsen
05-19-2006, 05:21 AM
oke a friedn of mine tested the game: there are no skies in the full game either. have fun, ubisoft, i will not buy your game. this is as ridiculous as in settlers 5 "promotion" screenshots.

agree with shadowproject. there is not really a freedom with the camera movement. it is very very limited...

Elrath.com
05-19-2006, 08:06 AM
i got retail. there's no sky. the game feels really "dark" because all thats in the sky is black fog..it sucks, skies would have been much better as in the screenshots. false advertising http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

bivotar1
05-26-2006, 02:15 AM
Hi, there.

Let's revive this thread a bit, for I consider it an important one.

I fully agree that skies should be allwed to be seen during the game, at least where it seems not too complicated to include them.

In my opinion, during battle mode including the skies should not be a problem. The skies are already there and the area where the camera can move is also confined. So if you tilt the camera to a more shallow position the camrea should not render any awkward/unallowed images (i.e. you should not see the landscape abruptly ending, or no skies).

In battle mode more camera freedom would be very appreciated. The more strategy-minded players could leave the camera as set, and the players that go after some eyecandies from time to time could move the camera into an eye-to-eye position.

As far as the adventure map is concerned, I guess things are a bit more complicated. The screens we have seen previous to the demo and the retail precluded the map to be fully "explored" I think. Only then such a low angle view with horizon and sky is reasonable. If you for example start out with mission on the adventure map, there is only a small spot revealed, the rest is "fog of war" - how would it look like of you tilt the camera to a horizontal view now - or if you even move the camera over the (whole) map. I guess that this perspective would render awkward images. I don't know, maybe I got some technical issues wrong here and an adventure map with blue fog and sky is feasable?

As for me, I would be very pleased if the skies/more camera freedom is at least included in battle mode - preferebly with the first offical patch for the game.

And people who want the skies back: participating in the poll might be beneficial as well!

Regards, bivotar