PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

G0DFATHER06
11-16-2010, 12:55 PM
For some reason I cannot connect to any matches online...Just stays at the screen where it says looking for Abstergo agents

Black_Widow9
11-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Can you please let us know what system you are playing on? Also, have you contacted Ubisoft Support?
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

G0DFATHER06
11-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Sorry it is xbox...It finally worked after about 35 mins...Guess just taking a loooong time to find games

tesmith31014
11-16-2010, 11:35 PM
i'm having the same problem too. it either takes half an hour or doesn't work. it's ridiculous. great game but they need to fix that

Mr_Shade
11-17-2010, 12:39 PM
The team is looking into the slow matchmaking issues - so please bare with us.

stuntcheeks
11-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the update Mr_Shade. I came here looking for info on exactly this.

It is happening on PS3, too. It seems to take a long time to load, ~20 mins or so, but once in a group the different games seem to load fine.

Also, when you cancel the search, it takes quite a while just to get back to the multi-player dashboard.

obliviondoll
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Sounds like they've carried over some of the issues the beta had, although there are far less complaints about matchmaking speed than the beta had, so that's at least improved.

Hopefully as the game gets more players this will continue to improve...

Also glad to hear they're working on it though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thanks Mr_Shade!

DeafAtheist
11-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Some people might not be aware of it but you also can't play in Ranked matches with friends... only unranked party matches.

Ven_GencE999
11-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Am I the only one on the PS3 in the US that gets stuck looking at a loading screen even when it says we have more than 6 players in wanted mode?

I've only been able to play 3 or 4 ten minute matches in the last 9 hours, is this normal?

stuntcheeks
11-17-2010, 04:00 PM
@Ven: Normal? No. Are you the only one? No.

I get excited when it says 8/8 abstergo agents only to drop me back into searching. I'm sure it'll be resolved soon.

G0DFATHER06
11-17-2010, 04:28 PM
You can play ranked matches with friends...It can only be a group of 4 though but you have to go to Manhunt...The reason I think they don't let you make Ranked games with stuff like Wanted is because people would just play with friends and somewhat in a sense cheat to get the challenges completed and not actually earn them in a sense.

Cronstintein
11-17-2010, 06:22 PM
[This is a repost but useful since this problem is widespread]

2 tips to help matchmaking which made a WORLD of difference for me:

1) Use "player game" rather than "rank game" or "play now".

2) If you get the "waiting for abstergo agents (7/7)" with no map on top for more than a minute cancel and try again. Seems to be some infinite loop bug that doesn't allow the game to start.

DeafAtheist
11-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by G0DFATHER06:
You can play ranked matches with friends...It can only be a group of 4 though but you have to go to Manhunt...The reason I think they don't let you make Ranked games with stuff like Wanted is because people would just play with friends and somewhat in a sense cheat to get the challenges completed and not actually earn them in a sense.

No, you can't. That's a Player Match not a Ranked Match. You still earn XP in a Player Match but unlike Ranked Matches the game does not effect the stats on the leaderboard.

m0nkeyrama
11-17-2010, 07:12 PM
In the four hours that I've played so far, I've probably only played 10 or 11 matches. I never seem to be able to play more than 2 consecutive matches, because I always get stuck in a session of one... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

TheXenon
11-20-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem and also that they're working on it. Can't believe it's happening on both consoles though.

10 more levels till 50, gotta get matchmaking faster!! :P

Deathgrim666
11-21-2010, 03:08 AM
For me on xbox, every game is a 10-30 min wait just to get in to the lobby and wait another 5 mins till the game recognize that the room is full to let us pick our stuff.

stumbuck
11-21-2010, 04:15 AM
I have the same problem with the 30 minute game join times if it even makes one or fonds one. On top of that the last 2 games i have managed to enter have had less than 30 secs on the clock. Took me 30 mins to find each game and then i just got to stand there.

Please fix this problem

I have a Ps3 120gig i think

pntbalr13
11-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Just so you all know, it's not your fault. I contacted Ubisoft via email, and they are aware of the issue, and are working on it. It doesn't matter about your console type.

I do hate the 30 min load times, and seeing the player list go up to 8/8 and then down to 2/6!!!

Mr_Shade
11-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by pntbalr13:
Just so you all know, it's not your fault. I contacted Ubisoft via email, and they are aware of the issue, and are working on it. It doesn't matter about your console type. This is a link that is hopefully more than a rumor of them making a patch for this: http://www.thesearats.com/Home...d-beta-patch-inbound (http://www.thesearats.com/Home/Latest-News/ps3-assassins-creed-brotherhood-beta-patch-inbound)

I do hate the 30 min load times, and seeing the player list go up to 8/8 and then down to 2/6!!! Just so you and others are aware..

That link is relating to the BETA - not the final game..

However as I have posted previously - they are aware of the Match Making problems with the final game, and are investigating.

pntbalr13
11-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Just so you and others are aware..

That link is relating to the BETA - not the final game..

However as I have posted previously - they are aware of the Match Making problems with the final game, and are investigating.

Thanks Mr. Shade. I was so excited to see a patch that I didn't investigate further. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif