PDA

View Full Version : spies binoculars: locking/unlocking objectives?

Angrymob
04-09-2006, 09:15 PM
what does it do when u lock/unlock an objective in story mode? please dont flame if this is widely known...

edit: maybe this was too vague,

when u double click-in your right thumbstick as spy u go into your binoculars, but when you look at an objective icon in the binoculars it gives u the option to lock/unlock that objective. what does locking/unlocking them do??

Angrymob
04-09-2006, 09:15 PM
what does it do when u lock/unlock an objective in story mode? please dont flame if this is widely known...

edit: maybe this was too vague,

when u double click-in your right thumbstick as spy u go into your binoculars, but when you look at an objective icon in the binoculars it gives u the option to lock/unlock that objective. what does locking/unlocking them do??

Zedblade
04-09-2006, 11:18 PM
nothing other then what you already describe. It locks it on one objective. I guess so you can focus on it or something. Who knows, its a useless thing once yhou know the levels.

seefoo
04-10-2006, 01:50 AM
ya binox have been useless for me also. but recently i have been using them to check across the map for lasers (no noise unlike cams - then again you cant see around corners with binox either)...i guess it helps sometimes =/.

Epicurus_13
04-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Generally as far as I know no-one uses the lock function of the binoculars because it simply does more harm than good. It just eliminates the other objectives from your HUD and makes it so that the one focused on never disappears (I believe), so as Zedblade said, not very useful once you know the map.

One use of binoculars which is seldom seen is that if you leave your binocular crosshair on a merc, you can apparently hear their communications (just like the sniper scope for the mercs). Though I know about this, it never occurs to me to use it. Binoculars, I suppose, are most useful when hiding in a room somewhere and waiting for the mercs to leave (i.e. the air ducts above the pirate's room in aquarius, for example?)

Angrymob
04-10-2006, 01:16 PM
ok thanks guys i knew about being able to hear mercs with the binoculars and of course zoom in/out but i didnt know that it made it appear on screen all the time. that is pretty useless. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

master_sh4k3
04-10-2006, 02:25 PM
If they really wanted to make usefull binocs, they should have made it similar to that "under the door camera whose name i forget" on solo/coop. You know, a sort of worm that you could fix around a corner and watch merc's (being able to swivel w/ out an obvious creaking noise that the spy-cams make.) If they were heavy camping a corner, you could hack their convo, maybe more people would use it then.

Maybe they could give it tracking abilities, where if you hold the center crosshair on a merc's head for, say 5 seconds, you can track them.

All of those things STILL sound useless though *shrug*, maybe spies should've never had binocs in the first place.