PDA

View Full Version : Repercussions of Demo Hype

Greenthumb05
02-27-2006, 04:00 PM
With all the hype going around about the demo, and people posting flamming comments towards Ubisoft for not releasing the demo the only thing that we are accomplishing is quaranteing the fact that the next game will a) Not have a demo, or b) We won't be told there will be a demo until it hits Marketplace.

You all need to calm down and let Ubisoft do there jobs, I am sure they realize the importance of a demo and are working as fast as they can to get the demo out to us.

StrikerD
02-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Translated: GET ME THE DEMO NOW!!!!

lonegunman718
02-27-2006, 05:12 PM
i would take them not putting out a demo over the demo being every place but in the hands of hard core gr players.if they are so sure about the game they would not need hype to sell it , only thing putting out the demo a month before is make up for pushing back the date (i got my 360 because of graw)

Vipx64
02-27-2006, 05:24 PM
It's not just the demo, even though it is the popular topic at hand. Ubisoft never informs anyone what is going on. But then they overkill other points 1000 times over. If I see another trailer explaining crosscom, I'm gonna flip out. Basically, I'm saying we want new info. If not just an update once in awhile [EX. Bungie Weekly Update]

WITCHD0CTOR
02-27-2006, 05:38 PM
If you have ever read or seen video of Peter Moore doing an interview you'd understand the big picture over at Microsoft. In a video interview at one of the trade shows, he said they look at ALL of the upcoming releases and they don't put a new game on the market next to another of the same genre (e.g. shooters). Meaning that a demo for GRAW wouldn't likely be available for download until Criterion's shooter Black hits store shelves (tomorrow, Feb.28) and is given a sales window. That's business.
http://static.flickr.com/51/105468222_13ccc273db.jpg

Roerei
02-28-2006, 08:51 AM
So toady black comes out and ... eh does that mean the deom is out tommorow or the day after http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ??