PDA

View Full Version : Gore switch??

Kamikazeb
01-06-2005, 03:13 PM
I have wondered since the game was anounced to be from 18+. Will there be a gore-switch?

Kamikazeb
01-06-2005, 03:13 PM
I have wondered since the game was anounced to be from 18+. Will there be a gore-switch?

jUsTiNcReDiBLe0
01-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Don't think so. Unless you have children and plan on letting them get the game, does it really matter?

Kamikazeb
01-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Yes it matters!(my parents r crazy about recomdations) They think that the game is going to turn me in to some kinda maniac

TennesseeTitans
01-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Most past games published by UbiSoft have had this option. BIA might also have this option. If not, here's a tip. Talk to them about how historically accurate it is, and that it accurately portrays war. I don't know, it worked for me.

jUsTiNcReDiBLe0
01-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Tell them it will be a delightful and interesting learning experience. That will enlighten your knowledge of the "Last Great War" and the sacrifices of the men that fought in it. And by taking out the gore, it will only hinder and make the experience less accurate,authentic. And also, by taking out gore/blood. It would be shying away from the truth.

Print this up and show it to your parents.
good luck

alkalinetrio6
01-06-2005, 03:44 PM
i dont think so but say to your parents how historicly accurate it is (as listed above) and that it could be very educational and some other stuff

savage_rabbit
01-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Oh for crying out loud! It really irks me when parents are so easily influenced by ****-sources such as the ones that claim video games have a violent affect on children. There is nothing at ALL that proves this. The only thing similar that has been proven along these lines is operant conditioning which only shows that it would make one less likely to hesitate to counter a physical threat (even such as taking down an armed robber). Although there is a LITTLE evidence to show that first person shooters can lead to operant conditioning (which I [nor the military who are beginning to really implement video game training simulations] don't think of in negative terms) it does not make one more likely to commit violence, but more likely to readily move in self-defense were violence forced upon them.

And yes, show your parents everything you can about the game (with the possible exception of actual footage of gore). No need to veil anything as I think this game would be a great educational tool and was created with all due respect for those it involves.

TennesseeTitans
01-06-2005, 04:36 PM
I think some kids may be influenced by videogame violence, but they have something wrong with them to begin with. There are somethings that kids shouldn't be exposed to. I don't think historical conflicts fit into that category. It's good for parents to be involved and protective over their kids, but I think they should judge whether their child is old enough to play certain games for themselves and not to buy in to what ESRB says their kid is old enough to play. Humans are individuals, and cannot be regulated based only upon their age.

njcl
01-06-2005, 05:14 PM
i think its only natural that parents worry about certain videogames,im assuming your under 18,anyway i think BIA is more historically correct and respectful than gta sa {i bought my brothers son gta SA,wish i had not now... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif}

buzz1256
01-06-2005, 05:23 PM
9907 posts!!!!!!!

holy ****!!

how long do u spend talking on this forum!!

savage_rabbit
01-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Yeah I think the GTA games are disgusting and senseless. I just find it annoying that the ineffective ESRB has negative affects on uninformed people.

Colin_Campbell
01-06-2005, 05:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kamikazeb:
Yes it matters!(my parents r crazy about recomdations) They think that the game is going to turn me in to some kinda maniac <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know how channels on the TV were allowed to air Saving Private Ryan uncensored in primetime because it was "patriotic"? This is a similar situation. Think of Brothers in Arms as a history lesson, and thank god that you likely won't have to go through a war, like these men did. This isn't a DoomIII, where gore is just there for the sake of having gore. This is a war game, an authentic one, and as such will not sugar coat the experience.

Explain this to your parents, I think they'll be understanding. If they further refuse, show them some of the previews on the game to make sure they know that this game will most likely be a very good experience that will not only stimulate your trigger finger and your eyes, but also your brain. Theres more to Brothers in Arms than blowing stuff up and decapitating people, make sure they know this.

I don't know if there is a gore toggle or not... I'll ask around.

njcl
01-06-2005, 05:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>9907 posts!!!!!!!

holy ****!!

how long do u spend talking on this forum!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i spam like a maniac....... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif.j/k......notice iv been here nearly 2 years so its about average post count

Kirov419
01-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Gore gore gore gore!!!! Gore is neat! love it hahaha!

dogstar23
01-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Tell your parants not to worry, there is no leaning or going prone.

savage_rabbit
01-06-2005, 07:08 PM
lmao @ dogstar