PDA

View Full Version : GRAW Multiplayer Help Needed!

jharty
02-15-2007, 08:03 AM
We could use some help.
A buddy and I were trying to play a multiplayer campaign on line. This is our first time playing GRAW "live".
We could not find the option for "inviting" other players or friends. Could someone please give us some help in setting it up.

We tried Custom Match, Create Private Match, Creat Public Match, etc... but could not find the option for inviting others. It was so simple to do on Halo 2, so we thought this would be also. Are we just blind idiots, or is it really that difficult to personally invite others?

Thanks in advance!

-Harty

stonhans
02-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Are you splitscreeners using only one gamertag?
Anyway.. If you can host a room, create a private room. Press the guide button.. and invite your friends. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jharty
02-15-2007, 08:47 AM
We are both at our own homes, so we're logging in independently under our own gamer tags.

We tried to host a room, or game. But nothing came up with an option for inviting friends.

I contact XBox support, and they though that our connection settings may need to be changed to allow this.
That didn't sound right. I'd be surprised if connection settings would change how the game is played and also the look of a menu screen to include or exclude options like inviting friends. I guess I'll have to try it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

SPQR Radical
02-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Do you have your friend's gamertag on to FL? If so just press the big center button(guide button) and scroll down to your friends name and press the X button or click on his name and press "invite to game"

jharty
02-15-2007, 10:34 AM
I apologize, I am not sure what you mean by "FL"?

-Harty

Jermtheory
02-15-2007, 11:55 AM
friends list. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

skyehightrance
02-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Also try giving each other a good player review.

Cons72
02-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by jharty:
We could use some help.
A buddy and I were trying to play a multiplayer campaign on line. This is our first time playing GRAW "live".
We could not find the option for "inviting" other players or friends. Could someone please give us some help in setting it up.

We tried Custom Match, Create Private Match, Creat Public Match, etc... but could not find the option for inviting others. It was so simple to do on Halo 2, so we thought this would be also. Are we just blind idiots, or is it really that difficult to personally invite others?

Thanks in advance!

-Harty

Are you playing on the Xbox or Xbox 360?

jharty
02-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah -
We have each other on our friends list.
We used it in Halo 2 on XBox live, on our 360.
That's why we are so confused.

We'll try giving a good review.

Have you heard of possible having to check our connection settings that it could cause us to not be able to invite people if certain aspects of our connection settings were changed or different than what they are?

Have you guys played played a co-op campaign on line with your buddies?

-Harty

jharty
02-15-2007, 12:18 PM
We're playing on XBox 360.

Cons - love your gamer logo!
Just went to my first Badger Game at the Kohl Center last weekend vs Iowa - AWESOME!

SPQR Radical
02-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Like I said, you should be able to just go to his name and invite him. He should then accept the invite and he will be in your room.

Cons72
02-15-2007, 02:26 PM
We're playing on XBox 360.

Cons - love your gamer logo!
Just went to my first Badger Game at the Kohl Center last weekend vs Iowa - AWESOME!

I was at that game. I get to several basketball games a year, a few hockey games and every football game. Great times, especially the past few years. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

On to your question. Are you saying when you open up a room and go to your friends list through the Xbox 360 blade and choose a friend to invite, the option is grayed out and you can't select it?

I have seen that happen from time to time, with no explanation as to why, but all of a sudden nobody in a room can invite anyone in. As if it were restricted like a ranked room. It has not been exclusive to a problem in GRAW either. I have seen the problem in GoW also.

Further, I have seen instances where maybe one or two people in a room can invite people and nobody else in the room can.

It was happening quite frequently around the time of the fall update, but I have not seen it happen too much recently.

Then again, maybe none of that relates to your problem.

jharty
02-15-2007, 02:28 PM
I'll try it tonight when I get home.
Thats just it.
There was no way to get to his name to invite him.
We couldn't find the option on the menu to get to our FL.
(This happened to both of us - neither could find the option to get to our FL)
?????

I'll let you know tomorrow what happens.
Thanks

jharty
02-15-2007, 02:31 PM
We don't even get anything that is grayed out.
That is why we are so confused.
Like on Halo 2, when setting up a game, you press the Y button to get to your Friends list for invites.

Didn't notice anything on GRAW.

Cons72
02-15-2007, 03:17 PM
We don't even get anything that is grayed out.
That is why we are so confused.
Like on Halo 2, when setting up a game, you press the Y button to get to your Friends list for invites.

Didn't notice anything on GRAW.

Games on and for the 360 do not have their own friends system built in. The Friends list and inviting games is built directly into the 360.

You DO know that on the 360 you press the big silver and green guide button in the middle of the controller to bring up the control blade? From there you can access your profile, friends list, messages, recent players and other information. Select friends list from this blade and it will list all your friends. Highlight the friend you want to invite and press A. This will bring up more details about this friend and a series of options down the left side, including "Invite to game".

I am not trying to sound condescending, but it really sounds like you are not finding/realizing this feature which is basic to all Xbox 360 games.

Good luck.

P.S. This feature is disabled if playing an Xbox game (Halo 2) on the 360. When playing a game made for the original Xbox, you would use the in game invite feature, just as you would if you were playing the game on an original Xbox.

Jermtheory
02-15-2007, 03:19 PM
are you using the guide("ring of light")button?...sorry if this is obvious but i dont think you specifically mentioned it(or responded to semaj's post mentioning it).

its been awhile since i played on Live but you should get a "friends" tab/option,select that and choose the friends you want to invite.

edit-cons beat me to it....

jharty
02-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks!
I didn't take it as condescending. No worries. I appreciate the help!

We both just purchased the 360 within the last 30 -60 days.

We always had played on the XBox prior to that.

So, when we went on line, it was with an XBox game on the 360 console.

It makes sense now! I know what you are talking about, now.

I'll try it tonight!

Thanks!

Cons72
02-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks!
I didn't take it as condescending. No worries. I appreciate the help!

We both just purchased the 360 within the last 30 -60 days.

We always had played on the XBox prior to that.

So, when we went on line, it was with an XBox game on the 360 console.

It makes sense now! I know what you are talking about, now.

I'll try it tonight!

Thanks!

Great. Glad we could help out. Have fun.

Realize that with the game out a year now, there will not be as many room choices, or your rooms may not fill up very quickly.

I think you'll enjoy the co-op missions. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

AI BLUEFOX
02-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Just a few other things to check.

If you have got the idea of pressing the big round "X" button in the middle of the controller(not the little blue x button next to the green yellow and red ones), and the guide slides across the screen from the left, and you can see your friend on your friends list and invite them (the host already needs to be in the "room") then check the room settings.

On advanced settings make sure you have more than 2 players to start with, try 4, and that the room isn't locked.

If you still can't, then has the host downloaded the new map and weapons content (DLC) and the friend not? If that's the case the friend won't get in the room.

As a test you could also try going into another hosts room any game type - they are all fun - except carry the flag, man I hate that game - and inviting your friend in from there if the room isn't full.

If you still can't, send me a friend's request, AI BLUEFOX, and I'll talk you through it when I'm next on line at the same time as you.

jharty
02-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks!

I'll try to check it out tonight or this weekend.
If it doesn't work I'll put you on my friends list and we'll get it going.

Thanks for all of the help!

soup.ster
02-18-2007, 08:42 PM
ok what u have to do is goto ur dashbord and over to your system settings or whatever the one thats to the far right and goto xbox live settings and change everything so that the voice channel is everyone and something will say friends only but u can change that to everyone ... just unblock everything and change everything to everyone lol

if u want add me and ill walk u through it.... soupster69