PDA

View Full Version : Some few question, would liked to be answered.

peterchen620
05-02-2006, 04:38 AM
When the announcement came regarding about the existence of SCDA in production, I was quite excited by the concept of the storyline and the multiplayer line.

As the owner of PC Only, I would like some question answered. (Yes, I've read the F.A.Q., bare in mind)

1. According to the quotation in the F.A.Q. that is written for both Xbox 360 and PC version of SCDA ('nine all-new merged versus and co-op maps'), does this mean both platform will have the same multiplayer modes?

2. Will the PC version contain both the Versus mode (SvM, or SvU), and the SvS all bundled together?

3. If the question answer above is yes, is there by any chance... Bots included for BOTH modes or is it just SvS?

4. I always wonder if Ubisoft will make the multiplayer modes (Co-op, Veruss, SvS) on the new engine they produced, can anyone help me clarify this if its true?

5. The graphics on SCDA uses the same engine as the one in SCCT, will the system requirement be slightly identical?

I thank you for your kindness in taking your time answering the question. I find these question quite important for me to make decision on buying SCDA, because my friend and I always loved playing Versus mode and the grudge we have always on the engine that were used for multiplayer. Thanks again for reading my post! ^_^

peterchen620
05-02-2006, 04:38 AM
When the announcement came regarding about the existence of SCDA in production, I was quite excited by the concept of the storyline and the multiplayer line.

As the owner of PC Only, I would like some question answered. (Yes, I've read the F.A.Q., bare in mind)

1. According to the quotation in the F.A.Q. that is written for both Xbox 360 and PC version of SCDA ('nine all-new merged versus and co-op maps'), does this mean both platform will have the same multiplayer modes?

2. Will the PC version contain both the Versus mode (SvM, or SvU), and the SvS all bundled together?

3. If the question answer above is yes, is there by any chance... Bots included for BOTH modes or is it just SvS?

4. I always wonder if Ubisoft will make the multiplayer modes (Co-op, Veruss, SvS) on the new engine they produced, can anyone help me clarify this if its true?

5. The graphics on SCDA uses the same engine as the one in SCCT, will the system requirement be slightly identical?

I thank you for your kindness in taking your time answering the question. I find these question quite important for me to make decision on buying SCDA, because my friend and I always loved playing Versus mode and the grudge we have always on the engine that were used for multiplayer. Thanks again for reading my post! ^_^

Chimera87
05-02-2006, 04:40 AM
All I can say is that bots in any version of Sv... would suck.

peterchen620
05-02-2006, 04:48 AM
Well, I must admit that I agree with you Chimera87, but my friends actually have quite a different opinion than ours.

Judging by reading the f.a.q., the AI for NPC in Singpleplayer has been greatly enhanced, and the AI is able to perform what the player can be performed... Well, I realised that it is only Singleplayer, but have you ever give a second thought? What if they actually implement the AI for multiplayer? This brought to my attention because you can gain ranks over the internet by simply playing the 'challenge mode' with your friends. Wouldn't you say so?

btw, I was surprised how quick somebody actually replied my post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

scworld
05-02-2006, 04:51 AM
1 yes
2 no
3 ---
4 most likely yes, not sure. We'll probably know after E3
5 CT's version was dumbed down. DA will have the full power of the SCX engine. I think it's almost identical though.

Chimera87
05-02-2006, 04:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peterchen620:
Well, I must admit that I agree with you Chimera87, but my friends actually have quite a different opinion than ours.

Judging by reading the f.a.q., the AI for NPC in Singpleplayer has been greatly enhanced, and the AI is able to perform what the player can be performed... Well, I realised that it is only Singleplayer, but have you ever give a second thought? What if they actually implement the AI for multiplayer? This brought to my attention because you can gain ranks over the internet by simply playing the 'challenge mode' with your friends. Wouldn't you say so?

btw, I was surprised how quick somebody actually replied my post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I tend to reply fast http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. Any way I can't really believe that AI is that advanced yet. It takes ages to programm AI to not be repititive. Ranking on Bots would become a simple bashfest.

peterchen620
05-02-2006, 05:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I tend to reply fast . Any way I can't really believe that AI is that advanced yet. It takes ages to programm AI to not be repititive. Ranking on Bots would become a simple bashfest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've made a point there... I, too, also believe that it is quite impossible for Ubisoft to make a technical advanced AI in under... 1 year? Or is it 1 year and a half? But even moresoever... There is 167 employees working on this game, which frankly astounded me.

Thank you scworld for your quick answer, I'm still going to wait for others to reply with the answers, on what they think is true. It will be quite sadden to only have SvM because my friends are quite excited by SvM and SvS bundled together in PC version because SvS is 3vs3 and Xbox 360 has 4 controller ports (correct me if I'm wrong), which well... Brought to my attention.

Chimera87
05-02-2006, 05:12 AM
Well take an example @ GRAW's AI. It simply sucks donkey*ss.

peterchen620
05-02-2006, 05:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well take an example @ GRAW's AI. It simply sucks donkey*ss.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well... I believe this simply means the AI development does not come from the quantity of the employees working on it, but the quality they produced... I never liked the GR series... Never tried, and I heard GRAW is pretty bad in PC version.