PDA

View Full Version : Will Gearbox add a deathmatch option down the road?

mikeyboykilla
03-02-2005, 06:48 AM
Dont get me wrong, i like the fact that the multiplayer aspect of the game is original and different than regular online games, but eventually i know that i'll wanna play deathmatch. Or CTF. These modes would rock in this game considering it's so lifelike. Is it possible to add this eventually? Please Ubi tell me that it is!!

mikeyboykilla
03-02-2005, 06:48 AM
Dont get me wrong, i like the fact that the multiplayer aspect of the game is original and different than regular online games, but eventually i know that i'll wanna play deathmatch. Or CTF. These modes would rock in this game considering it's so lifelike. Is it possible to add this eventually? Please Ubi tell me that it is!!

mikeyboykilla
03-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Hmmm, one online mode, 4 players only, you dont expect this game to have logevity on Live do you? Cuase it wont. We need deathmatch, assault and CTF.

Sheik Yerbouti
03-02-2005, 09:59 AM
All I can say is wait until you play it to decide, people said the same thing about the Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow multiplay (that it would not last and that 4 people was too few) it is still going strong.

fmfcorpsman
03-02-2005, 10:01 AM
I think their "official" comment on that would be for you to select a different game then. Gearbox meant to steer clear of unrealistic gameplay to preserve the integrity of the story and the people who fought during those 8 days.

greenlionhaert
03-02-2005, 10:04 AM
You can always play deathmatch on your own... leave your men behind and fight untill you've had enough...

mikeyboykilla
03-02-2005, 10:09 AM
How could you defend the fact that this game has none of most popular game modes for an online game?? Come on. Look at the most played games on live right now. None of the games with 1 mode, like pandora tomorrow, battlefront, etc... are there. None. Yes, the game might be fun online for a while, but like PT, it'll get boring fast. I know it case like PT, i got fed up of it. Every online game should come with deathmatch, CTF and assault. It sould be a minimum requirement. Come on, 4 players, 1 mode! It wont last long online i can guarantee you that.

fmfcorpsman
03-02-2005, 10:14 AM
No, it will not last long online, not long at least for those who have short attention spans that is, but for the people who desire to have true historical shooters with real tactical and strategical abilities, this is a godsend. The intent of this game is not to compete with Halo, Unreal or any other FPS but to make a historical event experiencable.

mikeyboykilla
03-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Well, you can argue all you want. A lot of people like DM, CTF and all those other modes. I dont know why youd restrict them to playing one mode all the time.

Sheik Yerbouti
03-02-2005, 10:26 AM
So when there are games like MoH and CoD out there that give you what you are asking for why are you looking for this game to change what it is at the core (a squad based shooter) and be something it is not intended to be?

Don't get me wrong I would not mind seeing DM added, but the multiplay on BiA is so good that even if they added DM I would still be playing the version that is with the game now more than anything.